New to pet battles

I'm new to pet battles and I'm wondering what's the fastest way to get a pet to 25. Every guide I've seen requires you to have a 25 pet already but I'm just wondering whats the fastest way to get that first pet to 25

Quote Originally Posted by Snagletooth View Post
    I'm new to pet battles and I'm wondering what's the fastest way to get a pet to 25. Every guide I've seen requires you to have a 25 pet already but I'm just wondering whats the fastest way to get that first pet to 25
    For your first level 25 pet I'd recommend leveling anything with Beast abilities and a Devour-like ability. The Beast modifier on an ability allows you to do more damage to Critters, the most prevalent pet type in the world, and the Devour ability gives you a way to heal between fights without going back to the stable master. Some of the trainers will be a bit difficult to beat with just a single level appropriate pet so you may also want to level a Mechanical and Flying/Aquatic pet as well.

But yeah, just start in your capital city until you get a pet to level 3 then find zones with lots of critters. There are addons that tell you what pet types are available in every zone. Once you hit 20 you can just chill outside the BMAH and kill all the Critter pets until 25.

Deleted
    What might be a better option is just doing the pet battle quests and killing a few pets in-between traveling. This way you will unlock everything and get other rewards while leveling a pet to 25.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no need to level any pet really, you can have 25 extremly fast and easy.

Simply start with a level one, face a level 2 pet and tame it.

Then catch a level 3, then a 4 etc.

Eventually you can skip a few levels too. For instance, you can have level 13 pets and catch level 16 pets easily if you counter them with the family of the pet.

The highest pets you can catch are level 23 (level 25 pets will get their level reduced by 2 when you catch them) so once you caught that level 23, you get it to 25 extremly fast, about 8 pet battles for 23-25.

Check the world map to see where you find pets with certain levels.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    There is no need to level any pet really, you can have 25 extremly fast and easy.

Simply start with a level one, face a level 2 pet and tame it.

Then catch a level 3, then a 4 etc.

Eventually you can skip a few levels too. For instance, you can have level 13 pets and catch level 16 pets easily if you counter them with the family of the pet.

The highest pets you can catch are level 23 (level 25 pets will get their level reduced by 2 when you catch them) so once you caught that level 23, you get it to 25 extremly fast, about 8 pet battles for 23-25.

Check the world map to see where you find pets with certain levels.
    When I was doing my Tillers dailies I saw some turtle pet which looked pretty cute. I had seen it before and never really bothered but this time I wanted to find a rare of that kind. I had 3 level 18 pets ( I've leveled multiple number of pets to 25 during Beta, PTR and on anoher account ). My 3 level 18 pets were Chominius, Harbinger of Flame and Nether Faerie Dragon. I clicked to battle the Softshell Snapling. Rare from the first try. But they were level 25 pets...I could've easily won the fight if I aimed for that but I really wanted the turtle. After 12 missed traps I finally lost the battle. On my second try I caught it with 3 alive pets. 7 levels difference. After that I was like...wow no need to wait till 25, I can go catch my Eternal Strider straight away. Had a rare one on the first try and caught it with my 3 level 18 pets.

After that the idea came up to my mind. I found a level 15 pet tamer starting with my level 1 pet and the 2 level 25 pets I had tamed. Battle finishes. My level 1 pet is now level 10 or so. After that I tried it with a level 1 machine vs level 25 full rare team. ( one of the Northrend ones ). My Sunreaver Micro-Sentry got to 19 in one second.

So I should just catch pets higher level until I get to 23? The highest I have right now is a 16

Quote Originally Posted by Snagletooth View Post
    So I should just catch pets higher level until I get to 23? The highest I have right now is a 16
    As long as you have 3 around lvl 16 I'd suggest heading to Outland to get 3 level 18's then Northrend to get to get 3 @ 20 then 22. After that just battle away in Pandaria to level them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretend that it is Pokemon.
    I wanna be the very best, like no-one ever wuaaas. To catch them is my real test, to train them is my causaase! *NER NER NOW!!!*

I thought you could buy them already at level 25 from someone else... Is that incorrect?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is a pretty easy / quick way to get a level 25 pet.

Start with 3 Mechanical Pets and get them all to level 7-8

Go to the area outside Karazhan and fight the Arcane Eyes lvl 16-17 ( Capture 3 rare qualities)

Go to the area in Jade forest with the pink trees( i cant remember the name E/NE side of the zone)

Capture 3 Moths (2 rare quality)

Go to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms and fight the Aquatics there....boom lvl25 pet

I just did this less than a week ago, now im in the process of just level one of every type of pet to 25

Good Luck hope this helps

Deleted
    Rush a Beats class pet and a Fly (A bat is good) pet.
    Once you get those 2, the area (totally forgot the name of the zone) where halfhill is.

All pets there are Critters and / or Water its one of the fastest way to rush alot of pets to 25.
    Rush one pet to lvl 25 start with a low pet, switch after first turn and kill the rest with the lvl 25 pet(2) so the low lvl pt gets all the EXp.

Good beats pets for fast lvling and least amount of dying is a Spider, get a spider they can heal and do good damage.
    As i said, a Bat is good for a fly pet as it also has skills vs Critters and majority of the pets around halfhill are critters.

Once you got a mixture of pets classes, you can easily do all the higher lvl pet dailies and you get a lvl 3 (lvl 1 pets usually gets oneshotted) pet to lvl 25 in an hour.

Later one when you got more pets you can change the Spider for a more damaging beast (wolf types got howl (+100% damage 2 round)) and have the spider as back up when your pet resurrection skill is on cd.

Infact i lvl'd my DK Rogue and Mage fom 88 to 90 with pet battles and LFD queue (25 to 40 mins wait time) by only a wolf and a Bat and its very fast (average 190k exp per win) and some spots has packs of pets running around or the river bank in the halfhill zone has alot of pets close to each other.

With a beast and fly pet a battle takes less than 2 mins.

Tip: when facing water pet use Howl with a wolf change to Bat and one shot the water pet and go back to wolf when there is a critter to 2 shot it.
    Last edited by mmoc3c8522fde4; 2013-08-08 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malsiv View Post
    I thought you could buy them already at level 25 from someone else... Is that incorrect?
    Yes, and no.

While you -can- buy a level 25, you can't learn it unless you already have at least one 25 in your pet list. So no, you can't use that to jump-start your pet leveling.