Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    743 guilds are 13 of 13 heroic. If that's your measuring stick then your bound to be disappointed.
    662 guilds are 13/13H.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

If you raid more than 10 hours a week and are not 13/13h by now then you're doing pretty bad considering your time invested.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 days and 7 pages of replies and no return visit by OP. Folks, you've been trolled.

Deleted
    Yeah it's kinda lame, when people make a thread like that and expect others to invest time in it. Then they just don't bother replying a single time......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Pretty sure I said I consider our progress lf 11/13 25HC to be bad/slow aswell, where is that high horse you are talking about? Also pretty sure that makes any guild with 1/13 HC at this point (considering they haven't been close to disbanding/having to cancel raids, or just started raiding), pretty bad, no matter their reasoning behind it.

OP asked a question, is his guild where they are supposed to be? No matter how much some ppl refuses to believe it, the ONLY legit answer to that question is: No.

As for guilds still progressing in normal modes, actually read the post you quoted. Guilds still progressing on normal modes (which are regularly cleared by pugs on good servers), obviously have no real leadership/goal/standard. Being in the same guild and just entering a raid to have fun, makes you a casual guild, not a raiding guild. The OP is in a guild that considers itself a semi-hardcore RAIDING guild. That instantly makes it impossible and improper to compare his guild to any guild that are still playing normal modes.
    What I think you really miss is the factor of skill. Your team has players that are most likely far better in every aspect of the game than his team have. They are still a raiding guild. You said they wheren't. I say they're just a lesser skilled raiding team and probably are where they should be regarding their skill level in the team. If not they need to weed out the bad players wich is easier said than done. As you are right with it not being fair to compare his guild to a guild that is still clearing normals, its if not even more unfair to compare his with a guild close to clearing the full hc as skillwise 12/12 normal is much closer to 1/13hc than 11/13hc. In my book, every guild who has a somewhat organized raidingteam is a RAIDING guild. Its much the same as being in a organized football club. Even if you're playing in division 7 - your team probably suck, but you're still a soccer team, but nowhere close to the teams competing in the champions league - if that makes it any clearer.
    Last edited by mmoc84ca5d4ef2; 2013-07-25 at 03:41 PM.

3 nights a week at 3.5 hours.... they probably should be a lot further progressed than heroic Jin'rok (which once you do it 10 times, is a pretty easy fight). Definitely consider a better guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild too is 1/13 HC. We raid 3 days per week, 3 hours each, but most of our raids start 30-60min late because someone is missing. Extending is not an option because we have some people who have to wake up at 5am. That leaves us very little time for progress. Every time our attempts are getting better, the raid ends. When we finally continue, it's not in muscle memory anymore and we might have someone there who hasn't done it before.

We had some of our core people missing for a few weeks and I didn't really expect to have much progress during that time, but now they are back and we are having even more wipes than before. Doesn't look very promising atm. But I guess it's either raid with them or no raids at all. No other guilds on my server looking for ret paladins and I don't really want to transfer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    My guild too is 1/13 HC. We raid 3 days per week, 3 hours each, but most of our raids start 30-60min late because someone is missing. Extending is not an option because we have some people who have to wake up at 5am. That leaves us very little time for progress. Every time our attempts are getting better, the raid ends. When we finally continue, it's not in muscle memory anymore and we might have someone there who hasn't done it before.

We had some of our core people missing for a few weeks and I didn't really expect to have much progress during that time, but now they are back and we are having even more wipes than before. Doesn't look very promising atm. But I guess it's either raid with them or no raids at all. No other guilds on my server looking for ret paladins and I don't really want to transfer.
    At some point you might have to concider going all out progress on the bosses you'd be working on. If you farmed the normals this long I doubt your team still needs a lot of upgrades. Replace people who you are not able to depend on showing up in time. There's no shortcuts to progress and sadly, even if the guys/girls are the friendliest people in the world, that wont help you if they dont show up on time or are underperforming. Either prioritize the social aspects and get a bit stuck untill things "might" change, or prioritize progress and slowly replace people in the right spots.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild is semi hardcore, we aim to raid 4 times per week, 3.5 hours per night... in reality we only get 2-3 nights per week 3-3.5hours each raid and early in the tier we missed a lot of weeks due to multiple people going AWOL and having to recruit a lot of new players.

We are still up to 11/13HC (10-man) at the moment and have started on Lei Shen, with what we would call very slow progress. Everything is relative!

Also, just because you are raiding X number of hours per week doesn't mean there is a clear # of bosses that should go down - the skill of the people you are raiding with, being knowledgable about fights in advance, being able to raid with the same team regularly for better synergy, clear leadership and good raid leading - those and many other variables will affect progression.

I would imagine there are plenty of guilds raiding 3x3.5 hours per week that haven't even cleared normal yet, so I wouldn't be massively concerned. If you feel that you are of better ability than most of your guild, then look to apply to guilds of higher progress but similar time. If you feel that your level of play and effort is similar with your other guildies, then just hang where you are and keep pushing!!
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!