Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I'm done - Can't take this shit anymore - break up with her?

History:

a) Known her for years
    b) Dating for a few months
    c) Go out of my way to support, care, cherish, love her (time, travel, $, neglecting myself at times to take care of her)
    d) Sacrifice alot of time to spend time with her even though I'm exhausted
    e) Always nags about something that doesn't go her way
    f) Asks me for suggestions/advice, rarely ever heeds to them, but does her own thing regardless
    g) If she struggles with something in general or with our relationship, talks to OTHER PEOPLE except for me.
    h) When she is gone/out of town, texts/calls me that she loves me and misses me, then has a bad attitude when she is around.
    i) Doesn't want me to come around work related stuff (idc really, but w/e)
    j) Odd communication sequences, expects me to get back to her quickly, but sometimes takes ages to get back to me (as a result, I just leave her alone)
    k) Has too many single friends, and I think she gets BAD ADVICE from them, and truly influences how she thinks/behaves.

I can put up with alot but these past few days have literally been hell. I don't want to be a heartbreaker, but I've exhausted all possibilities and methods to try and make things work. I just want to end it all and move on with my life, I can't stand the shit she is putting me through, and I just want to be done with it.

Am I rushing a probable decision? Did I miss warning signs? Would have done anything for her, but I just feel used, and I hate this feeling.

Deleted
    You and another relationship thread? Seriously, can you not solve your own god damned problems?

Didn't read it, but if you seriously have to ask here you probably should.

Deleted
    If you are hesitant, then walk away. I ended up depressed and in a bad way, still am infact, because of a bad relationship. Walk away brah, walk away

Sounds like it's time.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are not happy, walk away now.

Purely based on the fact that half the threads you have started are about some issue with her, I would say so. Do it fast - while she hasn't slept with your parents yet.

Well while I no one can make the decision for you. You have to do what you feel is right. If you have invested a lot of time and energy into the relationship, I can only assume it is because you want it to continue. While I am only seeing one side of the story, and believe me how you percieve things truely is just that, how you percieve them, you may be also doing things without knowing them to warrant the reactions you are seeing. The suggestion I have is to really sit her down and try to talk it out, tell her what you have said here, although in manner that is the least abbrasive.

Only when you two really address any problems you are having, can you really start to overcome them. As an example, you say you try to leave her alone sometimes, essentially helping her to avoid you. This is never a good thing, as you are turning away from a problem, instead of facing it, which just allows it to continue, and possibly grow.

If she does not wish to try an talk things out and overcome any problems you two are having, then a relationship may be doomed to fail anyway. It is only when you are both truely honest with one another and work together to overcome these sorts of problems that a relationship can really floruish.

Best of luck to you in whatever you decide.

Deleted
    Just do it.

Jesus..

I'm sure you're great and all, but she'll get over it. :P and so will you. Honestly it sounds like she is more interested in a"relationship" for the purpose of satisfying her insecurity.

Grass is always greener. When you are single you want to be in a relationship. When in a relationship you want to be single.

That being said, why you would waste any more time with someone that doesn't validate you as a person or you feel this way about is beyond me.

she wants a relationship, not you; end it

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you are just digging up reasons. Odds are you will not be happy with just about anyone imo.
    I like sandwiches

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Early in our relationship, my wife and I had the same issues. After 3 yrs of the crap we had it out one night. Now here we are 20 yrs later and happy.

Point is, COMMUNICATION is VERY important. Tell her how you feel and if she cant MEET YOU HALFWAY in the relationship, then you'll go on in life without her.

Quote Originally Posted by munchkin View Post
    g) If she struggles with something in general or with our relationship, talks to OTHER PEOPLE except for me.
    Do the OTHER PEOPLE include a bunch of random internet strangers on a gaming forum?
    Sometimes things just don't work out. Break up with her, you don't have to paint yourself as such a martyr to do it.

if all of that is too much for you to handle, give up on dating forever.

Communication is important - try and talk it out with her and if overall it doesn't work out its best to walk away if you aren't happy she won't be either.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Plan A:Sit down talk it out if that doesn't work then leave.
    Plan B: Home depot has a sale on stuff

Is this your first relationship? A lot of this stuff sounds like things all women do. The only real concern is I), I would find out about that one. I only say that because woman are usually ecstatic to bring there boyfriend around everywhere and tell everyone about it. The rest of this stuff isn't unnatural for women at all, if you can't put up with it get a dog.

If you have to come to an internet forum to ask people who don't know you or her personally then you should just call it quits and move on.