Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blizzard Updating Level 60 PvP Weapon Skins [Large Images Inside].

Did some digging today and it looks like Blizzard are updating a few of the old weapons with new skins. Only a few are available, I expect to see some Alliance ones/the rest of the Horde ones in there by next patch. This is what is available thus far:

1H Axe:

2H Axe:

1H Sword:

Shield:

Polearm:

1H Mace:

Dagger:

Bow:

No idea where they're from, but thought it was worth a show. Didn't Ghostcrawler say that there'd be some fancy new PvP rewards or the like a few weeks back?

or this kind of goes along with the idea of, if theyre going to give us updated character models, theyre going to have to go back and update quite a few of the old textures on the old model items.

It might be for Garrosh's Kor'kron goons. It makes sense that they'd use standard issue Horde weapons.

Is there no chance these Horde items could drop from the Org raid?

I already made a thread for this before, but thanks to you for making comparisons. For some reason, back then, I could not get the shield texture to work. Anyway -- thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Minstrel View Post
    Is there no chance these Horde items could drop from the Org raid?
    No, because then they'd be labelled as Orgrimmar loot. These are still labelled "pvphorde".

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I already made a thread for this before, but thanks to you for making comparisons. For some reason, back then, I could not get the shield texture to work. Anyway -- thanks!
    Didn't see anything of the sort.. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    No, because then they'd be labelled as Orgrimmar loot. These are still labelled "pvphorde".

Didn't see anything of the sort.. sorry.

Eh. Don't worry. I didn't add the original version of the weapons to the screenshots for comparison, so your pictures are still a lot more useful. Plus you have the shield. Don't worry at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Meh, the old 2h axe looks better.

I'm also waiting for someone to start a conspiracy theory about the new shield because it has a line crossed through the Forsaken emblem.
    Last edited by Lime; 2013-07-20 at 11:11 PM.

Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

This is most likely just NPC gear.

"Something something, Horde favoritism"
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    If you do not like guns, move to England. It is that simple.
    Simply pack up and leave! Much think, such smart.

please let them drop

Quote Originally Posted by Kuel View Post
    please let them drop
    While this is a very interesting find, I think it's unlikely they drop. Unless of course they give a way for updated Grand Marshal modeled weapons to drop as well. Would be terribly unfair on the High Warlords otherwise.
    mrgummage#2816 | Grand Marshal Hottage | Warlords of Draenor Beta Club
    ASUS N53SM : Intel i7 2.2Ghz (3.1Ghz Turbo) : 16GB DDR3 : Geforce GT 630M : Samsung 840 EVO 1TB : Windows 8.1 Pro
    RETLOL: The Guide

I'm pretty sure they're going to be high end PvP rewards. Similar to the last time they made level 60 weapons and gear available (what was that through, RBG's?), but this time round them come with updated skins.

Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Someone linked these ages ago. Most likely High rated rewards.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

Bloodsail Admiral Avada Kedavra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuel View Post
    please let them drop
    Are you Alliance? You must be alliance..
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    I don't like those updated weapon. Still feel too... old, apart from that dagger.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like those updated weapon. They still feel too... old, apart from that dagger.

High Overlord
    It's great, those skins are ancient. Alex is glad that they are not changing models, only sharpening lines and adding detail.

It's kinda boggling how much better they can make them look while still retaining the same fundamental appearance

Portends good things for updated character models, methinks !

Yes... Yes.... But how???

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Meh, the old 2h axe looks better.

I'm also waiting for someone to start a conspiracy theory about the new shield because it has a line crossed through the Forsaken emblem.
    Same here, the old 2-handed axe looks much better.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
    Revelations 6:8