Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This pretty much sums up how the graphical quality has gone up over the years (and not just the models).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Dunno why they keep going back to old items, why not just make new and improved ones.
    Because it's easier and faster to just update textures and not make all new models.

Okay, there we go. Things like this are just awesome. Maybe they will update all the armor/weapons to go with the new character models?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Dunno why they keep going back to old items, why not just make new and improved ones.
    These are iconic and good models anyway. Why not give them a texture enhancement?
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awww yeah! I was just talking about this a few days ago how the gear in Vanilla/BC looked vs wrath and so on. I would love to see all gear get remodeled to up to date items.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graph View Post
    Awww yeah! I was just talking about this a few days ago how the gear in Vanilla/BC looked vs wrath and so on. I would love to see all gear get remodeled to up to date items.
    I don't know, I think new textures seem to be enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn I want that bow to be transmogable so badly. Got my toon decked in red and black and that bow would look perfect with my outfit.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2013-07-21 at 01:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Meh, the old 2h axe looks better.
    I totally agree with that.

They're probably being updated because Siege of Orgrimmar trash will most likely have mobs using those weapons. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    that is my favorite bow model in the game. I hope they will be available for players.
    Cthulhu 2024, why vote for a lesser evil

Deleted
    ahh back when weapons / gear actually looked good

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHwip46 View Post
    or this kind of goes along with the idea of, if theyre going to give us updated character models, theyre going to have to go back and update quite a few of the old textures on the old model items.
    That would be awesome if true! I'd actually like to see them go back and update all the mounts.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHwip46 View Post
    or this kind of goes along with the idea of, if theyre going to give us updated character models, theyre going to have to go back and update quite a few of the old textures on the old model items.
    These theories about character models are getting silly. You really see it in everything.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    If they are updating that shield, they should add the crest of the Blood Elves, Goblins and Huojin Pandaren.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    This is most likely just NPC gear.
    I agree. It will most likely be used on the hundreds and hundreds of Kor'kron trash mobs we will fight in the raid.
    So don't get your hopes up.

awesome! I really appreciate that Blizzard keep updating the game and adding new stuffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    It might be for Garrosh's Kor'kron goons. It makes sense that they'd use standard issue Horde weapons.
    I think you are on to something, that makes really the most sense. I don't see why they would update the textures of old Horde pvp gear just for the fun of it, and since there are no alliance weapons in there, you are probably right.

That shield looks way better with the new textures.

I kinda like the old dagger though, I always loved the glow on it.

Deleted
    Wish they would do this with a lot of the Vanilla armor and weapons, so much of it looks great model-wise, but terrible texture-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Eh. Don't worry. I didn't add the original version of the weapons to the screenshots for comparison, so your pictures are still a lot more useful. Plus you have the shield. Don't worry at all.
    just man up and say "i just want people to know i saw this first", that's what your 2 posts are about, right?

Quote Originally Posted by benadryl View Post
    just man up and say "i just want people to know i saw this first", that's what your 2 posts are about, right?

No. Else I would've said it. How is it your concern anyway?