[Movies] The Pixar Theory: How All Pixar Movies Are Part of One Expansive Universe

There is a theory circling the internet about how all Pixar movies are all apart of one big universe...And it all make total sense and in a way makes all of pixar's movies better. This theory was made by a guy called Jon Negroni

http://jonnegroni.com/2013/07/11/the-pixar-theory/ - This is Jon Negroni's typed out theory, it is the most in-depth as well.

And here is a picture timeline giving you a visual.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmmm....interesting and while it does SORT of make sense. i REALLY dont think pixar would do something like this. i mean. i know they like to do their tie ins and all but i REALLY doubt that they would tie ALL their movies together like that.

it would be kinda awesome if they did though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Huh, interesting to say the least.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

After watching a few I always assumed it was meant to be like this especially with how they interlink some movies with references and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    hmmm....interesting and while it does SORT of make sense. i REALLY dont think pixar would do something like this. i mean. i know they like to do their tie ins and all but i REALLY doubt that they would tie ALL their movies together like that.

it would be kinda awesome if they did though.
    The more I thought about it, the more I wanted this to be true because it sounds pretty awesome.

Its funny now that I don't raid I spend much more time on reddit and I see all the same threads pop up on MMOchamp 2-3days later.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    This theory has more holes then a kitchen sieve...

There's allot of "we don't know how", and very large jumps between things. AI "somehow" gets into toys, which makes them sentient. Because of how the toys are treated, they start to dislike humans. What? First of all, from toy story it's obvious that most kids do treat their toys well, and that the toys love it. Thats the whole point of the movies! Apart from that, he says that the AI already hates humans by The Incredibles, making the events in Toy Story if not impossible, atleast both improbable and unnecessary.

The last thing that completely and utterly breaks the idea of the AI thread of this? Humans must have left earth before Cars, otherwize we would have seen humans in those movies. But we know that humans left earth because it was already too poluted. We do not see the trash mountains anywhere in cars.

The talking animal idea is based to 100% on the idea of the following quote: "They regress because the magic wears off. Over time, their evolving intelligence grows naturally."
    If this really is the case, and there's nothing in any movie to support this, then the whole idea of the witch is pointless. They regress to normal animals, but then get smarter? Then they could just as well have been normal animals from the start who grew smarter!

This is a silly theory, only held together by repeated injokes such as buy-n-large. This is not uncommon in movies however. It's like easter eggs in games.

15+ Year Old Account
    The more i see this the more ridiculous it is.

Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    This theory has more holes then a kitchen sieve...

There's allot of "we don't know how", and very large jumps between things. AI "somehow" gets into toys, which makes them sentient. Because of how the toys are treated, they start to dislike humans. What? First of all, from toy story it's obvious that most kids do treat their toys well, and that the toys love it. Thats the whole point of the movies! Apart from that, he says that the AI already hates humans by The Incredibles, making the events in Toy Story if not impossible, atleast both improbable and unnecessary.

The last thing that completely and utterly breaks the idea of the AI thread of this? Humans must have left earth before Cars, otherwize we would have seen humans in those movies. But we know that humans left earth because it was already too poluted. We do not see the trash mountains anywhere in cars.

The talking animal idea is based to 100% on the idea of the following quote: "They regress because the magic wears off. Over time, their evolving intelligence grows naturally."
    If this really is the case, and there's nothing in any movie to support this, then the whole idea of the witch is pointless. They regress to normal animals, but then get smarter? Then they could just as well have been normal animals from the start who grew smarter!

This is a silly theory, only held together by repeated injokes such as buy-n-large. This is not uncommon in movies however. It's like easter eggs in games.
    In the theory the humans do leave Earth before Cars and the Cars populate the semi-polluted world. It doesn't get Wall-E bad till all the cars die out. And just because that particular AI hated humans it doesn't mean the toys would initially.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    In the theory the humans do leave Earth before Cars and the Cars populate the semi-polluted world. It doesn't get Wall-E bad till all the cars die out. And just because that particular AI hated humans it doesn't mean the toys would initially.
    And that is just false. In the first few minutes of Wall-E we can clearly see how polluted the earth is before humanity leave. Screenshot:

Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    And that is just false. In the first few minutes of Wall-E we can clearly see how polluted the earth is before humanity leave. Screenshot:
    One can assume it was polluted enough for humans to leave but cars to still thrive however.

Deleted
    But where is all the pollution in the Cars movies?

In either way, it doesn't really matter, there are so many more things both missing and just flat out wrong in this theory. I just mentioned the two that popped up in my mind first. Unfortunally i do not have the time to go through and debunk it point by point.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    One can assume it was polluted enough for humans to leave but cars to still thrive however.
    The Cars Earth isn't the same Earth though. For one, it's not full of trash like Wall-E's is. Plus, the Cars Earth is filled with natural landmarks that are car themed. Hell, it even has tiny car insects.

As for the theory as a whole, it's one of those, "You're putting to much thought into this," moments. It's just cameos and nods that they add in, nothing more. Sure, some movies could coincide with one another depending on it, but it's very few. Hell, look at the Monsters Inc. one.

It talks about how the doors are used as time traveling. That's a big false. In no point does the movie show them going to different timelines. It's even a plot point that says how modern children are becoming, "harder to scare." If they could go back in time, they wouldn't have to worry about that.

It's fun to look at things like this, but you're giving the guys too much credit as it is. There's too many holes and ridiculous concepts being thrown about to make it seem plausible.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Hmmm so this is Disney's version of the Turn A Bang theory (a theory which all the Gundam universes are infact 1 timeline).

One other problem with this theory: The ending of the Incredibles shows that all Super Heroes weren't exterminated (Hell, a good majority died for the sake of a "capes, lol" joke. I don't thing you could attribute e them all to being some invention of Syndrome).
    Plus the super baby seemed to hate Syndrome, I kinda get the feeling he'd kick the crap out of anything that even smelled of having his influence, and the baby was implied to be mega powerful.

Also, wouldn't Woody, Jesse and the old prospector pre-date the Incredibles anyway? I don't recall anything in toy story indicating that the toys became sentient "just recently". In fact, I thought it was implied that Old Prospector and Jessie were sentient from back when they were 1st made back in the 1950s or whatever.

I think this is a bit like the St Elsewhere thing. its fun to read about, but far from actually being the case.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Yeah, it's a good read and all, but I don't really buy it. A supporting thing might be that many of Pixar's movies were planned at the same time, Wall-E for example was one of the early planned movies but didn't see the light of day until many years later. However, I don't think this much thought was put into it really, still a funny read though.