Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do we still want high elves as a playable race?

Of course, we will always want them ("we" being the people that likes them, obviously) but, will we ever get them if we are to be realistic?

This thread is meant as an introspection for people that actually want playable high elves; if you are one of the ones who don't want them, this thread doesn't affect you in the least.

Honestly, I don't see why they couldn't just offer it as a different model for Night Elves, that is game-wise they are Night Elves but have the High Elf model instead. That way those who want to be High Elves can be, but there isn't any additional balance to be done (although a High Elf Druid is kind of weird, nothing else really is out of place and High Elves would not have Paladins since they didn't do the stuff the Blood Elves did)

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Honestly, I don't see why they couldn't just offer it as a different model for Night Elves, that is game-wise they are Night Elves but have the High Elf model instead. That way those who want to be High Elves can be, but there isn't any additional balance to be done (although a High Elf Druid is kind of weird, nothing else really is out of place and High Elves would not have Paladins since they didn't do the stuff the Blood Elves did)
    Blizzard has a slightly higher standard of quality than you.

That is the definition of throwing something in.

10+ Year Old Account
    You may want to consider changing the threat name from 'wanting High Elves' to 'getting High Elves' as you only want those that want them to reply, just a suggestion

OT, I don't think they will be made a playable race. It would give Allies a race identical to a Horde race basically, and the QQing (whether justified or not) would never end. As neat as they are, and the lore fits, I just don't see it happening.

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't Blood Elves the remaining High Elves....just renamed in honor of the fallen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    gameplay-wise they would make more sense based of humans, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Blizzard has a slightly higher standard of quality than you.

That is the definition of throwing something in.
    I think that's the skinny: at what point "throwing it in" is such an abominable sin? It's not like high elves are creatures with no lore coming out of nowhere, they are part of the world's current affairs.

I still want them, but admit I'm probably in the minority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aarrok View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't Blood Elves the remaining High Elves....just renamed in honor of the fallen?
    eeeerm *sigh*, think it like this. Not all the high elves renamed themselves blood elves; the ones that didn't, rejoined the alliance (or never left it) and a sizable group is basically the alliance military of Dalaran.

10+ Year Old Account
    nah i don't want high elves.

give us something new, theres already 2 elves blood/night. that should be enough.
    Hi

they could add half elfs
    with blue eyes so you get some blue eyes look high elf but not high elf so the high elf crown get shwat they want and haters get what they want not another elf race

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I would like high elves to rejoin Quel'Thalas. Then make it a skin/eye color options.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a way it wouldn't be a bad idea if they got a model that makes them a bit more unique from belves.. .but since there's not supposed to be many high elves left it might look ridiculous having thousands suddenly running around... but thene again, blodo elves were supposed to be a minority too.... look how that ended xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
    Personally, I think it would be hilarious if Troll Druids turned into walking cannabis plants.

i remain hopeful that we'll one day get high elves. i know i REALLY want them, and i want them for alliance.

We don't need a third elf class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

give us something new, theres already 2 elves blood/night. that should be enough.
    i agree with this, rather seem something playable which we dont got yet (murloc/ogre/arokka)

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we still want high elves as a playable class?
    This thread is meant as an introspection for people that actually want playable high elves
    Well then for this thread the only expected answer then is yes.

Myself personally, I'm in the camp that believe they're already playable, even if it's the "wrong" side and eye color in some people's opinions. I'd rather see those we still call High Elves rejoin their relatives and become a true neutral race (not a pick a side later "neutral") with an eye color option. Their split was still recent, these people are still kin, and whether they like it or not they need each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aarrok View Post
    It's true. It wouldnt be so bad but they use them as a NPC race "every" expansion it seems like. They should be playable.

I've always wished they would add some variety to existing races in the form of "subraces" of sorts. Like playing as a broken draenei or undead elf. High elves could be used in such a way with night elves. Throw in some unique quest text for the first couple of quests and call it a day.

I mostly want them because they're already part of the Alliance, and we've gotten two curveball races in a row now. Just give us the established race that's been int he Alliance since wc 2 already instead of retconned draenei and worgen. I don't buy the arguement of 'there aren't many left' either now that they've given us Pandaren. Yes, there are a lot of Pandaren, more than there are high elves, but the Pandaren that join the horde and alliance are very small groups, which I think the entirety of the alliance high elves would dwarf. Especially now that the Silver Covenant and Dalaran and back in the Alliance. The only argument against them is that they look like blood elves with paler skin and blue eyes. And while I acknowledge it would bother man, I'd be fine with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorhn View Post
    It's true. It wouldnt be so bad but they use them as a NPC race "every" expansion it seems like. They should be playable.
    Exactly. For a race that's nearly extinct they sure do show up a lot. A few scattered npcs in Vanilla, Allerian Stronghold in BC, the Silver Covenant and Dalaran npcs in Wrath. In Cata they took a break but in MoP the Silver Covenant and Kirin Tor aligned high elves are back. They've gotten more time in the spotlight in MoP than Draenei have gotten from wrath onward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    Well then for this thread the only expected answer then is yes.

Myself personally, I'm in the camp that believe they're already playable, even if it's the "wrong" side and eye color in some people's opinions. I'd rather see those we still call High Elves rejoin their relatives and become a true neutral race (not a pick a side later "neutral") with an eye color option. Their split was still recent, these people are still kin, and whether they like it or not they need each other.
    not really, because we can believe it just won't happen, or to be of little feasibility. Or maybe wanting another race more. It's not so cut and dry. The only point we all should agree is that we want, or wanted high elves to be playable at some point, even if we might have changed our mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

"still want" clearly infers that this is aimed to people that want or wanted high elves as playable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Exactly. For a race that's nearly extinct they sure do show up a lot. A few scattered npcs in Vanilla, Allerian Stronghold in BC, the Silver Covenant and Dalaran npcs in Wrath. In Cata they took a break but in MoP the Silver Covenant and Kirin Tor aligned high elves are back. They've gotten more time in the spotlight in MoP than Draenei have gotten from wrath onward.
    That's the gripe with me, the yanking of the chain. They clearly do not use them as a race so decimated to not be able to sustain player population; continuing to showcase them in mayor lore points giving them a constant prescense through the expansions. They don't seem like a dying race, they seem freaking thriving.

If they had killed them off as a race with the belf conversion, I would be more understanding. But they just keep bringing them on.