Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    What's the point of someone who wants to play Fury or Balance going into a Proving ground, if they have to play a different spec ? I'm gold rated Feral!! What's that get me if I'm trying for a raid spot as balance ?

Proving grounds was described as teaching someone how to play in general and their preferred spec as well. I'm sure the final version of Proving Grounds Gold will be doable as fury, it might just suck more than needed going from 40% crit to 20%, which changes the way Fury plays by quite a bit. At the same time, it does sound like something useful if I want to start trying Arms\Feral\Fire out.

Also sounds like Proving grounds might be great for the Jewel crafters out there!!
    If you only want gold you will be able to do on every spec, as i already linked a vid of a balance druid.

If you want endless 30 i still think it can be done as any spec, some may be harder? Well, so be it, bragging rights are just that, nothing mandatory. And let's face it, no pug leader EVER will ask for endless 30 for invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but I've seen a few people state this.. any particular reason why? I know some people swear by Noxxic as a good resource. Personally I prefer a combination of Icy Veins/EJ (when it's updated) and threads here and on the official forums, but I'm curious why Noxxic isn't considered a good resource. Not updated? Bad advice/priority? Incorrect DPS rankings?
    Mostly is because of their DPS rankings. Just check ilvl 483 "realistic" -> http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic#483 and compare with what people was doing during MSV/HoF progress.

Or 522 max rankings -> http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/maximum 170k as fire, 150k as WW and 144k SP. Yep, sure as hell noone ever gets above that.

That coupled with "stack stamina as BrM" http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/monk/b.../stat-priority, leg sweep > RoP, RJW > Xuen and "always use Guard Glyph bullshit" http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/monk/b...ild-and-glyphs. And last, but not least "Aim for ~80% uptime on Shuffle." http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/monk/b...-and-cooldowns
    Last edited by Inthislzon; 2013-08-17 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    My issue is that as an ele shaman in gear downscaled so low your haste and mastery is terrible. This can lead to terrible RNG where you simply wont get the procs you need (for lava surge and our mastery) to have the dps to defeat some waves.

So I am stuck hoping that when I make it to wave xxxx I get enough procs to defeat it otherwise I have to start over due to bad RNG.

I wish Blizzard would simply scale the mobs up or down depending on the persons gear level. It would be much more fun and would make more sense instead of forcing people to play at a gear level that we were only at the first week of MOP.
    this is pathetic, ele shams are #1 dps at 463 item level. just look at challenge modes. you simply do not know how to play your class/gear for 463 ilvl play (only use icd/on use trinkets, gem for your best base stat instead of secondarys etc etc)

proving grounds are fine as is, assasin rogues are not competing vs fire mages, its you competing against other people of the exact same spec as you wit hthe exact same ilvl. quit the crying

So i'm thinking that proving grounds are going to provide a bump in demand for DMF trinkets?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    There is not a flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. -Howard Zinn
    If trickle down economics is working, it's only because there is a damn leak somewhere! -The One Percent

>noxxic

loled hard

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    So i'm thinking that proving grounds are going to provide a bump in demand for DMF trinkets?
    Not really, mostly everyone will use SPA trinket + something from heroic dungeons/non RPPM from SoO.

Dumping ~5k on a trinket just to have it downscaled to 463 when you can get something comparable for "free" (read heroics) seems stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    Not really, mostly everyone will use SPA trinket + something from heroic dungeons/non RPPM from SoO.

Dumping ~5k on a trinket just to have it downscaled to 463 when you can get something comparable for "free" (read heroics) seems stupid
    dmf are the BiS trinket @463 for dps classes as has already been proven with challenge modes. most pair with 522 valor trink but there are some other options. As far as increased demand there shouldnt be as like i just stated the dmf card has been the bis trink for challenge modes.

@ 463 there is absolutley nothing that can beat base stat+ base stat proc on icd (for dps classes)

I wouldn't choose Noxxic as the source of this information, while they're doing their best there are far better sites available.

The said, Proving Grounds are there to allow you to test and enhance your skills. Asking for them to be fairly balanced to the point where there is little / no challenge is against their very nature. Rather then complaining, prove you're worthy of that top rank, and overcome the problems you face. Play smart, utalise your toolkit a lot more then you have before.

I can't test if my spec/gems is optimal if it scales me down. Gear scaling affects stat priority and sometimes skill rotation as well. It also affects the viability of certain classes like fire mages and fury warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by JesseGoesHam View Post
    As we all know different specs scale differently with gear. And it usually balances out somewhere in the normal/lfr (current tier) endgame raiding. And now blizz choose to scale our gear down to 468 (correct me if am wrong). That will basically trash some of our specs that scales well with gear (fury warr, combat rogue, etc). If you dont believe me please google noxxic realistic dps rankings and take a look at the difference between 468 and 502.

Scale our gear down to 502 instead please.
    ...am I the first to point out that these aren't the official forums? Likely not...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    I can't test if my spec/gems is optimal if it scales me down. Gear scaling affects stat priority and sometimes skill rotation as well. It also affects the viability of certain classes like fire mages and fury warriors.
    Proving Grounds are not there to test classes, but to test the individual player and their ability to play that class. Testing a new set up is not the intention of the Proving Grounds.

You certainly transition whatever setup you have with CMs into this, but it's still not something be taken that seriously, unless you're into endless, in which case it's a masochisitic experience. I saw a Mage get to wave 87 and he was spending an hour a half in there just to get to that point, and a lot of it was mindless afking between waves, can't start the new wave early.

DMF trinket is definitely worthwhile. Maybe the engineering helm too, saw some people use that.

no pug leader EVER will ask for endless 30 for invite.

..well let's hope that never happens.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathbyFrostBomb73 View Post
    no pug leader EVER will ask for endless 30 for invite.

..well let's hope that never happens.
    TBH a pug asking for endless 30 is a pug i don't want to be part of.

Asking for gold is fine, and nothing to be surprised about, but endless? no way.

Herald of the Titans
    Proving Grounds is primarily a place for players to practice playing a spec to gain basic proficiency without annoying too many other people in the process.

The fact that you can "score"/"medal" on it creates the secondary function of making it a competitive activity for the min-maxers. That's not its prime function, though, and if you have to reforge gear or whatever to "optimize" your play there, like you "optimize" everything else, well, that's a choice you have made.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Proving Grounds are not there to test classes, but to test the individual player and their ability to play that class. Testing a new set up is not the intention of the Proving Grounds.
    From a Rogue PoV, I can hardly "prove" my ability to play my class if at 463 ilvl it's barely playable because of Energy starvation. The only spec that might not be horrible to play at that ilvl could be Subtely.

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Linneth View Post
    From a Rogue PoV, I can hardly "prove" my ability to play my class if at 463 ilvl it's barely playable because of Energy starvation. The only spec that might not be horrible to play at that ilvl could be Subtely.
    If you are geared 530+ now, you don't need to "prove" anything there.

You can go do it because you want the challenge, of course.

Rogue is perfectly playable at lower gear levels. You just mash the buttons slower is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    TBH a pug asking for endless 30 is a pug i don't want to be part of.

Asking for gold is fine, and nothing to be surprised about, but endless? no way.
    Why not? If I had the choice of taking wave 30 player over 12, I would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Why not? If I had the choice of taking wave 30 player over 12, I would do it.
    But would you ask for endless 30 for ALL players?

Ofc if 2 people answer at the same time i'd also take the wave 30 player. That's different than "link wave 30 achi or no invite"

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Don't various quests, solo challenges, 5-men allow that?

I mean, I don't want to derail this thread or something, but Proving Grounds was something more in my eyes before details were revealed. Instead of this scaled activity, which main purpose is to become one of points in pug making/raid recruitment, we could have some 5-men or some really interesting solo scenarios (if to take solo equivalent). Tutorial mode is something that most people just skip in most games whenever it is possible, and it usually takes place at the start of the game, not at max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Then why were moonkins extremely good during MSV and HoF progress?
    Nature's Vigil 20%