Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    I'll repeat again.

Proving grounds WILL BE COMPLETABLE WITH EACH AND EVERY SPEC IN THE GAME.

Some will have it easier than others, that's for sure, but it will be possible in EVERY SINGLE SPEC.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8zbUdIpAZs Done as balance. Guess it wasn't that hard after all. It took me ~10 seconds of Google
    Everyone who actually gives a flying fuck about this feature will go for endless. Period. Gold isnt shit if you have eyes, a keyboard, and general motor function. In endless, the scaling from one group to another is ABSURD and will be close to IMPOSSIBLE for the 3 specs Ive mentioned unless they have insane streaks of luck.

I think the kind of player that will use the proving grounds to learn will not be concerned for the gear scaling at all.
    Yes, many specs with low ilvl are really bad, i played with my rogue in the ptr and it was a pain in the ass, but i don't need the proving grounds to learn, if i play them is because i want to progress in endless and have nice records, so if that is the case, then i'll adapt my gear and playstyle to that.

Proving grounds is not only a tool to learn, is also challenging content for everyone, so we can say that has 2 different kind of players as a target audience. For the learning audience, the gear scaling is not a problem. For the challenge audience... is also not a problem, because if you really want to beat the challenge, you will already try to do it in the most effective way.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Everyone who actually gives a flying fuck about this feature will go for endless. Period. Gold isnt shit if you have eyes, a keyboard, and general motor function. In endless, the scaling from one group to another is ABSURD and will be close to IMPOSSIBLE for the 3 specs Ive mentioned unless they have insane streaks of luck.
    Give it a week or two since release and check youtube. You'll find a video of at least endless 30 with every single spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Do you have actual experience from the PTR to back this up, or are you just worried?
    of course he is just worried about the sky falling..it's what these forums warriors do
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    Let's check what specs scale "so poorly it can't be done".

Fury warriors -> hello arms!
    Balance druids -> hello feral!
    Elemental shaman -> hello Enh! Also hello FUCKING BLOODLUST
    Fire mages -> hello frost! Did i mention bloodlust already?

Class /= spec, unless you happen to play monk/priest/paladin.

What's the point of someone who wants to play Fury or Balance going into a Proving ground, if they have to play a different spec ? I'm gold rated Feral!! What's that get me if I'm trying for a raid spot as balance ?

Proving grounds was described as teaching someone how to play in general and their preferred spec as well. I'm sure the final version of Proving Grounds Gold will be doable as fury, it might just suck more than needed going from 40% crit to 20%, which changes the way Fury plays by quite a bit. At the same time, it does sound like something useful if I want to start trying Arms\Feral\Fire out.

Also sounds like Proving grounds might be great for the Jewel crafters out there!!
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-07-22 at 01:58 PM.

Elemental shamans? those specs that are king when it comes to 3 targets.. what it seems half of proving grounds rounds are made up of? Yes I'm sure they will struggle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    played it on ptr as brewmaster; with scaled down gear you need to completey reforge gear to haste, which is pretty annoying/expensive, or switch to hastegear

Quote Originally Posted by JesseGoesHam View Post
    Typing Noxxic on the internet should automatically link to that.

Honestly who cares. It is kinda like challenge modes. Fun but they will never balance around them while having to worry about Heroic raid and pvp balancing.

Deleted
    just get a frost mage, sv huntard or elemental shaman until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Then why were moonkins extremely good during MSV and HoF progress?
    Shado-Pan trinket had an on-use crit proc that lines up with the Moonkin cooldowns every 6 minutes. Yu-Lon trinket is also very favorable for them. These are both amazing for challenge modes as well. If you plan on taking your Unerring Vision of Lei Shen, the decreased proc chance will make you scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    This is true of every spec? I'm not using my RPPM shit in proving grounds either in favor of more predictable procs.
    Right, and if they really think about it, no one will if they want to do well in Endless. I can imagine trying to wait forever for that 4 second window so you can get an awesome Doom/Combustion/Colossus Smash.. doesn't sound fun.

Deleted
    the whole point of this, is to learn how to cope with semi-complex mechanics. Not to rank world number 1 on dps meter.

I will play Frost because its a lot better than Unholy at that gear level.

I do agree that rppm trinket scaling will be rediculous though.

Completed Endless 30 on 8 specs now.

Feral and Boomkin Druid
    Fire Mage
    Blood and Unholy DK
    MM and SV Hunter
    Fury Warrior

Still haven't run in to any real issues. None of these took more than a 2nd attempt.

Scaling complaints are drastically exaggerated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    [...]
    To be fair, Proving Grounds is probably undertuned right now.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account

Feral and Boomkin Druid
    Fire Mage
    Blood and Unholy DK
    MM and SV Hunter
    Fury Warrior

Still haven't run in to any real issues. None of these took more than a 2nd attempt.

Ah, well of course you did. I've been doing some heavy PTR testing and the scaling is just bogus. It is nearly damn impossible to even reach the DPS required (yes using optimal rotations/gemming/enchanting and reforging) to kill some of them in the Gold Challenge.

And to all the people saying "oh, the classes were so much more balanced at 463". Are you out of your minds? Did you guys play the same game when everyone was hitting 90? I sincerely hope they change this crap because as it stands right now, it's nearly impossible for some specs in the game meanwhile it's a breeze for *cough* Hunters.

To be fair though, I haven't tried every single spec in the game yet though on this thing, so i'll give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    for one, noxxic is a very poor website to reference.
    Not to derail the thread, but I've seen a few people state this.. any particular reason why? I know some people swear by Noxxic as a good resource. Personally I prefer a combination of Icy Veins/EJ (when it's updated) and threads here and on the official forums, but I'm curious why Noxxic isn't considered a good resource. Not updated? Bad advice/priority? Incorrect DPS rankings?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    What's the point of someone who wants to play Fury or Balance going into a Proving ground, if they have to play a different spec ? I'm gold rated Feral!! What's that get me if I'm trying for a raid spot as balance ?

Proving grounds was described as teaching someone how to play in general and their preferred spec as well. I'm sure the final version of Proving Grounds Gold will be doable as fury, it might just suck more than needed going from 40% crit to 20%, which changes the way Fury plays by quite a bit. At the same time, it does sound like something useful if I want to start trying Arms\Feral\Fire out.

Also sounds like Proving grounds might be great for the Jewel crafters out there!!
    If you only want gold you will be able to do on every spec, as i already linked a vid of a balance druid.

If you want endless 30 i still think it can be done as any spec, some may be harder? Well, so be it, bragging rights are just that, nothing mandatory. And let's face it, no pug leader EVER will ask for endless 30 for invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but I've seen a few people state this.. any particular reason why? I know some people swear by Noxxic as a good resource. Personally I prefer a combination of Icy Veins/EJ (when it's updated) and threads here and on the official forums, but I'm curious why Noxxic isn't considered a good resource. Not updated? Bad advice/priority? Incorrect DPS rankings?
    Mostly is because of their DPS rankings. Just check ilvl 483 "realistic" -> http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic#483 and compare with what people was doing during MSV/HoF progress.

Or 522 max rankings -> http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/maximum 170k as fire, 150k as WW and 144k SP. Yep, sure as hell noone ever gets above that.

That coupled with "stack stamina as BrM" http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/monk/b.../stat-priority, leg sweep > RoP, RJW > Xuen and "always use Guard Glyph bullshit" http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/monk/b...ild-and-glyphs. And last, but not least "Aim for ~80% uptime on Shuffle." http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/monk/b...-and-cooldowns
    Last edited by Inthislzon; 2013-08-17 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    My issue is that as an ele shaman in gear downscaled so low your haste and mastery is terrible. This can lead to terrible RNG where you simply wont get the procs you need (for lava surge and our mastery) to have the dps to defeat some waves.

So I am stuck hoping that when I make it to wave xxxx I get enough procs to defeat it otherwise I have to start over due to bad RNG.

I wish Blizzard would simply scale the mobs up or down depending on the persons gear level. It would be much more fun and would make more sense instead of forcing people to play at a gear level that we were only at the first week of MOP.
    this is pathetic, ele shams are #1 dps at 463 item level. just look at challenge modes. you simply do not know how to play your class/gear for 463 ilvl play (only use icd/on use trinkets, gem for your best base stat instead of secondarys etc etc)

proving grounds are fine as is, assasin rogues are not competing vs fire mages, its you competing against other people of the exact same spec as you wit hthe exact same ilvl. quit the crying

So i'm thinking that proving grounds are going to provide a bump in demand for DMF trinkets?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn