Thread: UI Ideas!

Deleted

UI Ideas!

Currently using ElvUI although pretty sick of the sight of it ;D Time for a Revamp!!

Thought a forum full of fellow druids was possibly the best place to come.

Any Ideas? I'm not really bothered about specific addons and would prefer something nice and clean.

<3

Well, Elvui is the nicest and cleanest UI there is... :P

You haven't provided any screenshots of your UI so I can only assume you're using the plain, old, generic, standard ElvUI without changing it much at all.
    Try having a good play around with it and see if you can change it enough that you start to like it :P

I did the same and ended up with my UI looking like this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    I actually quite like this, I assume you can customize it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    You haven't provided any screenshots of your UI so I can only assume you're using the plain, old, generic, standard ElvUI without changing it much at all.
    Try having a good play around with it and see if you can change it enough that you start to like it :P

I did the same and ended up with my UI looking like this
    Pretty nice take on ElvUI tbh! I should maybe give this a shot. The reason I was using it originally was for the easy configuration so as you can guess I didn't really edit it much more than standard

10+ Year Old Account
    Never really enjoyed a too empty screen, I must admot. ElvUI has been a good choice of use. I have been looking for special themes as well, but most current UI's follow the same view of floating bars and the likes.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I really still would recommend Elv, small footprint. Any bits I can't customise enough turn it off and add a single addon. IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Never really enjoyed a too empty screen, I must admot.
    Definitely in that camp as well. With many altsI'd much rather have more information than I need at any time.

Left my setup fairly similar to the out-of-the-box ElvUI config, but cleaned up frame alignments, colors, etc. to my liking. Referred to by my friends as the 'Rainbow UI' since my unitframes and default castbars/buffs are all class colors, so it's very bright during raids, not 2dark2edgy like most ElvUIs I see. Set some Aurabars to be colorful so I don't need to read and can just see what color a bar is and know what buff it is. Doesn't show but raid frames go above chat. Link restriction is busting my balls, so:

i.imgur.com 8zhXyE7.jpg (forward slash before the mishmash, as usual.)
    Last edited by Khamke; 2013-07-22 at 06:54 AM.

Here is a fanmade version of Supersdw's UI... Works like a charm.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...o.php?id=22364

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sticking to ElvUI for the simplicity. I've been modifying mine quite a bit, but it usually breaks as I'm trying to get it to do too many things at once.

Supersdw's UI, (and Lorgok, for that matter) is a nice simplistic touch, and nice alternative to the full package of Elv.
    You can also just start working on your own, taking inspiration or startingpoint in any of the modpacks available.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Couple questions. How did you get skada to show and embed 2 windows into your right chat at the same time?

Also, how did you skin your chat boxes with the data text bars underneath them like that?
    With Skada you just create an extra window in the config options, but with ElvUI I had to edit the lua to get the bars separate from the chat windows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Any chance I could get a PM with the edited LUA section that does that?
    You can do that also with an addon for elvui tukui.org/addons/index.php?act=view&id=128. After installed you must look under skins in elvui config en scroll down. Click here skada (or recount) and reload you ui. That if you show scada or recount its in the 2nd chat frame in elvui.

If you like to see my ui youtube.com/watch?v=kr9xaU9KwnM (video show HC Tortos with me as POV). But my elvui is 90% default look.

Sorry for my bad english I hope you all can understand me