PoM doesn't proc on pets?

Did somebody else notice that Prayer of Mending doesn't seem to work with pets?

I like to shield our tank and keep PoM active on him. Since in heroic scenarios sometimes our only tank is a hunter pet, I noticed that PoM doesn't seem to lose stacks and doesn't jump from the pet to anybody else, even if the pet gets damaged.

I don't know if PoM can jump from a real player to a pet, but if it does, I can also imagine PoM getting stuck then.

It does move to pets and gets stuck.

Not sure what you're experiencing, but a good number of boss AoE abilities don't hit pets, thus they get hit way less often than players (not to mention pets usually can't be the target of any directed abilities).

I usually cry when my PoM gets stuck on a pet.

Purposefully casting PoM on a pet that is tanking a scenario should bounce, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Not sure what you're experiencing, but a good number of boss AoE abilities don't hit pets
    Pets do get hit by AoE, they just take 90% less dmg from it. Implemented since HC Ragnaros IIRC.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Maybe it is just because those pets always hog all my atonement crits (and PoM) when no one has a health deficit and thus take no damage because 10% of the splash damage is not enough to eat though shields?
    Anyway, I often find my PoM stuck on pets, seldom have one healing anything though. In heroic scenarios I'm the one with aggro, normally.

Yeah I noticed this too. Pissed me off to no end since I used to run with a lock, hunter, and unholy dk.

On a side note, anyone else always laugh at the fact that "PoM" is also the sound it makes when it jumps?

Purposefully casting PoM on a pet that is tanking a scenario should bounce, though.
    I did cast it on a hunter pet which did tank, so it received plenty of damage... nevertheless, it never seemed to bounce away from the pet. Always stayed there with the full 5 charges left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Half in shadow, half in light and all in the fire.
    PoM in PTR proving grounds is acting really oddly...

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Pets do get hit by AoE, they just take 90% less dmg from it. Implemented since HC Ragnaros IIRC.
    Yes, I said as much. But there are also a good number of AoE (usually ground targeted ones) that do not hit pets at all.

Yes, I said as much. But there are also a good number of AoE (usually ground targeted ones) that do not hit pets at all.
    i used it in a scenario today with a hunter pet tank and it jumped to/fro just fine. maybe it's a particular damage mechanic that's behaving oddly with pets? is this live or ptr?