Was the change to professions / slkills made public?

I don't even have a way to quantify this other than my own experiences, but it is pissing me off to no end....

I have REALLY noticed lately that when crafting items or making bandages, that once the item turns green you can almost forget about getting a skill point.... and now, today, I made 49 yellow level bandages, and got about 5 points in skill ups.

Remember vanilla?

Grey..... no skill up.
    Green.... usually a point, but not always
    Yellow, pretty much always a skill point
    Orange, always a skill point, and a small chance for 2 points

Last week I had my tailor make about 40 yellow items, and I got 8 points.

Obviously something has changed, but I wonder, were we ever told of these changes? This especially stinks right now for me as I have a level 60 DK, and it is bad enough to have to go catch up on professions, but not getting points at yellow level, far more than 1/2 the time, really sucks.

join a 25 guild, you're welcome

sounds like a bug since nothing regarding this has been changed, that or you are the UNLUCKIEST person in wow. doubt its the latter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VeganHunter View Post
    I don't even have a way to quantify this other than my own experiences, but it is pissing me off to no end....

I have REALLY noticed lately that when crafting items or making bandages, that once the item turns green you can almost forget about getting a skill point.... and now, today, I made 49 yellow level bandages, and got about 5 points in skill ups.

Remember vanilla?

Grey..... no skill up.

Last week I had my tailor make about 40 yellow items, and I got 8 points.

Obviously something has changed, but I wonder, were we ever told of these changes? This especially stinks right now for me as I have a level 60 DK, and it is bad enough to have to go catch up on professions, but not getting points at yellow level, far more than 1/2 the time, really sucks.
    It's RNG, but since Vanilla I've always used this general rule of thumb and it still holds mostly true
    :
    Grey - 0% chance of skill up.
    Green - 50% chance of skill up.
    Yellow - 75% chance of skill up.
    Orange - 100% chance of skill up.

More specifically: http://www.wowpedia.org/Professions#...al_skill_level

Quote Originally Posted by jfk View Post

haha, I am the GM of a level 12 guild on Horde and a 25 on alliance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VeganHunter View Post
    Remember vanilla?

Grey..... no skill up.
    lolno, so much no. If you want to level a profession, stick to orange items unless you want to get frustrated. More than 1 point wasn't even available until I believe Cataclysm.

Yeah I don't recall orange items ever being more than just a single guaranteed skill-up, until Cataclysm where certain crafts were specifically marked to give more.

Well, I think you are wrong. I'm not at all talking about where you get the number next to the item when you craft it.... it was just a random - albeit tiny -possibilty all the way since Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's internal differences between things that have a "yellow" mark, I think. If a recipe has just turned yellow you can usually still get several almost guaranteed skill ups using it. After a few levels more though, the tag is still "yellow" but the chance to get a level goes down drastically. Not every "yellow" is equal.

And all of this hasn't really changed, at least not recently.

Deleted
    It is the other way round. What JFK said join a level 25 guild or whatever level it is that gives the profession leveling perk. As far as I recall there was a change which said there is always a chance of a skill upgrade even on grey.

Quote Originally Posted by jfk View Post
    This x 1000.

Maybe even more.