10+ Year Old Account

Ji-Kun Heroic- Enhancement Talent Choices

I will be taking my first crack at Ji-Kun Heroic tonight and am wondering about Enh talent choices. I understand that my role (nest vs plat) will influence the choice but right now I am not sure what I will be doing as I have been on vacation for a few days while (i think) my team took some cracks at it. 10 player guild. I suspect I may be doing a bit of both (possibly dropping to nest 2 and ascending to nest 4 and rest of time on platform, but not sure). Interested in some general ideas from those who have experience in this fight.

Also, regarding PE: if I take this talent can anyone confirm best usage for this fight and whether or not to glyph? Specifically...if I cast my PE while on the platform, will it continue to function for its duration if I leave to go to a nest? I know that is an answer I could have figured out by now during normal modes, but I'm, y'know...kind of stupid.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Depending on what else you've got in your raid group, you may not be on nests. I play ele, so I'm on nests, of course. H Ji-Kun is one of the easiest heroics to overcome, so good luck with your attempts!

In regards to PE however, the elementals act as pets and you have total control over them, so you should be able to keep it on the platform and attacking Ji-Kun while you're handling duty on nests and such. I don't play with it much myself, but I'd imagine it'd work that way. Hopefully someone who plays with PE primarily has some macros or something handy that'll help you out! Just check some of the commands on the pet bar and I'm sure one will make sense. I'll look myself the next time I WoW if someone hasn't answered or you haven't figured it out yet.

Conductivity could be good. Our enhance shammy held up the group from about 10% to finish on ji kun, 10 man.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    For myself as I have now downed H Ji-kun on 10m twice I go with this setup wowhead. com /talent#sLX|VMu I keep my the Fire Ele glyphed. I was put in the first group and I go down on the first nest and when I come up I get the Primal Nutrient buff and Unload on the boss all CDs except lust and use my cds as needed until burn phase and unload on the boss again. Mainly get the buff and do what you know how to do.

/petattack target=focus, with Ji kun as the focus should keep it attacking the boss. I did it as Ele on 10 man but you need 2 platform groups anyway, one with good burst, and one with good AoE. Guess which group you'll likely be in. I would take Conductivity as you can likely solo heal a platform with it. Whether or not you'll want to use your Elemental to help burst your best is up to your guilds progress. I would also suggest only doing 1 full rotation of nests, and then enough nests to get everyone a feather, then burst the boss, using feathers to get the slime buff. If you can't get it down that way, do 2 full rotations, and then enought get feathers, then burn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks good info so far. If I understand your post correctly Rahdik you are basically saying make sure (as a group) to not stay fully focused on clearing nests for too long...better to clear a round or two then forget them except to get enough feathers to keep juggling slime buffs. I'm not RL, but this is what i suspect as well. Thanks all.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I stay on platform for our group (10 man with an Ele Shaman, Hunter, Mage, Feral Druid). So i cant really comment to much on the nest jobs.

I personally take AG, I find its fantastic for Quills if youve got a healer out of position and depending on your group there really isnt much need to keep Healing Rain up with conductivity because everyone is so spread for the first 60%. Towards the end of the fight I start using HR when the pools group me and the tanks up. I also try and keep HST up as much as possible. AG is also great for sub 20%. Depending on your strat you will be taking moderate to heavy damage around that time. AG + HST + 5MW HR will be amazing for your group. By that point of the fight, you will be right near the tanks so dropping HR will be worthwhile.

As a melee make sure you are (as well as any other melee you may have) are dropping those venom pools as close together as possible. So you want to be extremely close to the last pool and move as quick as you can out of it. Your tanks wont be soaking many pools so maximising your space here is soo important.

Also, one helpful tip, becareful where you are dropping your FET and EET. Depending on your tanks, we have a DK Tank who sometimes doesnt always have a speed burst to help him get back to JiKun after downdraft quickly. I used to lose my Elemental to Talon Rake quite a lot on progression. So, I started dropping mine either back a little bit or trying to time it so it wouldnt be up when downdraft hit.

Although if youve got any other tank on downdraft, it usually isnt an issue because they have much better gap closers/speed boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Thanks good info so far. If I understand your post correctly Rahdik you are basically saying make sure (as a group) to not stay fully focused on clearing nests for too long...better to clear a round or two then forget them except to get enough feathers to keep juggling slime buffs. I'm not RL, but this is what i suspect as well. Thanks all.
    I think 8 nests is about the norm. Clear 8 nests then focus boss and burn. Making sure people are using their feather charges to get the buff after that point. Hero/Lust after people get the buff. By that point you SHOULD be around the 50% mark.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2013-07-21 at 09:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the help. Got it down without much trouble. I was given the awesome job of taking feathers from nest 1 and 3 from each go round, but not to do the nests or anything...just poach a feather to intercept feed young buffs...so it was great. Ran my standard choices...PE/EM, and SBT and AG. Used fire ele glyph. We noticed my Searing Totem ate some talon rakes when tanks were a bit slow to get back in from down draft, which was nice.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah on our first kill our tank went down and I tanked for about 10% of the fight. I may have cheesed it a bit with that trick Its frustrating when a Elemental eats it though.

Once you get whos flying down right, its an easy fight.

I typically do the following with a standard build (EM/PE) and normally net about 275k+ DPS as enhancement. You can also spec into HTT and aid your healers during quills if raid healing CD's are down but use HST on CD as a healer will need to fly up to a nest to help with the guardian (if you 2 heal it).

My group runs two groups with myself in group #1 and I'll run the fight as outlined below (we assign the 3 top single target DPS in our raid comp as they will have more up time with the feed young buffs):

Start on platform #1 and get a feather fly up and DPS the boss while no cooldowns. Fly up and get the 2nd feed young and use all your cooldowns minus hero/bloodlust and 2nd pot. By the time your FE time has finished the 3rd feed young buff will cast and the 3rd platform. Jump down to the 3rd platform and refresh your feathers (you should 4 at this point) DON'T use a feather to fly up and jump off the platform and let the wind mechanic carry you back up leaving you with 4 feathers.

By the time the wind carries you back up to the main platform where the boss is the 4th feed young should cast, use a feather and get the buff. At this point just use 1 feather for every feed young buff to get as many stacks as you can (group #2 should be flying up and taking care of the guardians) and use your wolves and EM as they come off CD along with your earth elemental. You should get 3 feed young buffs until the 7th platform which is 2nd time at the 1st platform is ready and you need to drop down to that platform to refresh your feathers (should have 4 once again unless you used your last to fly from the boss to platform #1 if you do you should have 3 left). If your timing is good, you can use your 4th feather to get the 7th buff and fly down to the first platform but if you don't you are risking at missing the first platform and falling off when your buff drops off.

Once back up with your net set of feathers your two other partners should all have 5 stacks of the feed young buff (assuming they didn't miss any) and use hero/bloodlust, 2nd pot, and all your 3M CD's should be back up. The rest of the fight shouldn't last much longer and you just repeat what you did in the beginning. Most of time you won't need to go to the 9th platform (2nd time on the 3rd) to get more feather because the boss will be melting pretty quickly and won't require a refresh.

Hope this helps from the POV of an enhance shaman and good luck!