Bare Essential Add-Ons

What would you consider to be the absolute minimum must have lock add ons for a 85 or level 1 warlock?

10+ Year Old Account
    A good dot timer should be all you really need if you are going minimalist.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

AffDoTs is required.

10+ Year Old Account
    A level 1 doesn't need any addons specific to Warlocks. You'd need stuff any other class needs, like a post collecting addon and such. For anything at a decent level though I'd say:
    • dottimer of some sort
    • Weak Auras (or similar, but I think WA is the best out there)
    • Affdots
    • Cast bar with hasted bars and tick marks (I prefer Gnossis)

EDIT: A good damage meter like Skada or Recount and Boss timers are pretty essential too, but those are universal, I feel.

Thanks, ill be logging in latter today for the first time in while will get those from curse.

ForteXorcist and Livedamage.

definitely recommend affdots, and tidyplates with omniCC helps as well, to see which mobs have dots on them/durations.

Deleted
    addons which i personally can't live without, although i'm kind of an addon addict:

elvui, cause the default UI gives me a headache on my somewhat smaller resolution
    weakauras, for just about everything
    castbars, for latency and channel ticks
    affdots, cause its one of the best dot trackers and a pandemic indicator is just a must have imo
    tidyplates
    clique, for the sole reason of being able to soulstone without changing targets and having a very easy keybind
    actionswap 2, to store my actionbars when i switch between the 3 specs
    skada, for damage taken, dispells, death logs,...

Deleted
    I wouldn't play without:

TellMeWhen
    ElvUI
    AffDots

About Clique, a simple /cast [target=mouseover] Soulstone works just fine for me.

What do you guys think of Quartz? Dose it not replace some of the add ons mentioned?

I just use realui. I don't require a separate dot timer because as part of the built in central hud it tracks dots and casts. Which is pretty awesome.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

TellMeWhen
    Affdots
    Quartz

Depends on what you want to do. Just leveling/questing, honestly you can get by without any addons.

For raiding, I'd say bare minimum is something to track your dots, coolodowns, and major buffs/procs in an easier / more efficient way -- as well as something to dynamically track channel tick marks.

Honestly though, all these addons do is condense / streamline information. They don't really tell you anything new, but they put the information in one place -- although, to be fair, it would strain and probably surpass the limits of the average brain to be able to coalesce and react to all this info the way it's presented to you with the default ui, with the same efficiency you can be utilizing addons.

Lot of the suggestions in this thread are good. I use PowerAuras (considering switching to WeakAuras, or at least testing it) to track my dots/cooldowns/procs; Dominos to make my bars look nice (reduce how much total space they take on my screen, cut down on visual clutter); Shadowed Unit Frames so I can have my self/target/party/raid frames where I want them, looking sleeker, and presenting the info I want in a way I want it (also reducing visual clutter); Gnosis for cast bars; Skada as a damage meter; BigWigs for a boss ability tracker/timer/whatever; GTFO (a lot of its functionality is covered by BigWigs, or DBM if you prefer, but, I dunno, it just seems better at helping me know the exact delineation between the actual area of effect and the visual area of effect for many abilities since that doesn't always line up the way it should) ... and some others just to kinda help tie the whole look I have going together (TipTap, I think it's called, to configure tooltips; SexyMap to make my map look sexy :P ; Prat to configure my chatbox; ErrFilter or something like that to reduce my error message spam)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    I could get by with Tidyplates, Skada, Weakauras.

Bigwigs (or DeadlyBossMods) is pretty essential for raiding, once that's relevant to you.

Losing any of the above would severely hurt my game.

I have used Grid for years to show my group, but the base UI can do that adequately for you also.

Quartz, Shadowed Unit Frames, and Dominos work well if you want to update more of the UI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    A level 1 doesn't need any addons specific to Warlocks. You'd need stuff any other class needs, like a post collecting addon and such. For anything at a decent level though I'd say:
    • dottimer of some sort
    • Weak Auras (or similar, but I think WA is the best out there)
    • Affdots
    • Cast bar with hasted bars and tick marks (I prefer Gnossis)

EDIT: A good damage meter like Skada or Recount and Boss timers are pretty essential too, but those are universal, I feel.
    Man, for the life of me I can't get WA to work.

I've read all these things for it too, and I'm still derpping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

if you make a druid you should make the thread "bear bare essential add-ons"

AffDots can be used without Omnicc?
    If the answer is yes due to Tellmewhen, that means Tellmewhen and Omnicc are interchanagble?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    AffDots can be used without Omnicc?
    You can manually set what frames Omnicc displays cooldowns in and display AffDots as diminishing horizontal bars.
    Last edited by Zevoa; 2013-07-21 at 09:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pvw1075 View Post
    Man, for the life of me I can't get WA to work.

I've read all these things for it too, and I'm still derpping.
    This thread should give you some working weakauras to fiddle with or use: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ock-Weak-Auras