Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    Forked Lightning, Tornado, Frost Arrows, Mana Shield.

specs can easily be placed around archery, and winds for casting
    Last spec to make hybrid, easily healer.
    Dont get me wrong, this is such a specialized class that its not funny, but would be amazing to play =P
    I imagine we'd see it as a spec of a larger class. since it lacks a lot of really defining abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Rather than introduce high elves as a "new" race, would be pretty cool if they just updated blood elves opening zone(s) to be similar to the pandas: choose your faction at the end.

They could do the same for draenei (eredar) if they really wanted
    If you think the Horde would be cool with Eredar joining, you need to read your Eredar lore again.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Please no more beast races.

Half-Orc actually seems pretty cool, but I'd prefer to be a High Elf. There's already a lot of them in the Alliance anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually feel that when it all boils down to it I'd rather they stopped adding races for a while.
    Look at the ones we've got. It's taken them until now to get Blood Elves involved. Draenei and Worgen just don't matter because they're never involved. Pandaren (as in Tushui or Houjin) haven't made an appearance at all until 5.4 in what is their own blooming expansion.

I'd much rather they get the current playable races up to snuff than create further races that simply wind up in the same void.

the murlocs from northrend"horde". and centaurs from desolace "alliance" but what do i know i just have an over active imagination

There wont be a remodel or an existing race, the new race will be entirely new and doesnt exist in wow at the moment.
    The new race will most likely be a native race for the new expansion, just like pandas and pandaria.

If the Horde is getting Ogres, I'd say Broken would be a pretty solid Alliance counterpart. Personally I'm hoping for Ethereals (neutral).

For horde i'd rather us not getting Ogres, but if we were given them i'd not complain.

As for the Alliance NO HIGH ELVES. so sick and tired of the same rubbish being spewed out on it. If anything just a Highborne Model selectable from the night elves, and possibly a half elf/high elf model available for human selection. thats it nothing more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Who would then be a Twilight Cultist. Would the Horde want them? Would the Dark Irons want to ally with a force which has invaded their homeland?
    The Twilight Cult is essentially gone now (not sure if lorewise they still exist). The Blackrock Orcs - who were also Twilight Cultists - have joined the Horde, why not the Dark Iron?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Now the choice of the recycled race for the Horde would be a difficult decision (because the Alliance recycled race obviously would undoubtedly be the High Elves). What Alliance race can be "copied" to the Horde as a recycled race?, the Dark Iron dwarves?, the Highborne Night Elves?, or maybe something more... shocking ...

[To be continued]
    That's easy Eredar. Can be done in at least three ways.
    1) Reformed Eredar. Broke away from the Legion. Hate Velen for abandoning them and so join up with the Horde.
    2) Undercover Eredar. Were forced to pretend to go along with the Legion but spent 25K years looking for a chance to escape. Hate Velen for abandoning them and so join up with the Horde.
    3) Original Eredar. Escaped Argus at the same time the Draenei did but independantly of them. Hate Velen for abandoning them and so join up with the Horde.

Besides I want a demon race. We already have playable undead, why not demons.
    Last edited by Julian Rayne; 2013-07-26 at 12:05 PM.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    That's easy Eredar. Can be done in at least three ways.
    1) Reformed Eredar. Broke away from the Legion. Hate Velen for abandoning them and so join up with the Horde.
    2) Undercover Eredar. Were forced to pretend to go along with the Legion but spent 25K years looking for a chance to escape. Hate Velen for abandoning them and so join up with the Horde.
    3) Original Eredar. Escaped Argus at the same time the Draenei did but independantly of them. Hate Velen for abandoning them and so join up with the Horde.

Besides I want a demon race. We already have playable undead, why not demons.
    Well, Draenei are Eredar, Man'ari are demon corrupted Eredar.

Basicly, Velen's gang renamed themselves the Draenei which is Eredun [The original language] for Exiled Ones.

Whilst Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde reclaimed the name Ereder.

Reformed Eredar will most likely be red/fel Draenei, unless they look like smaller Kil'Jaedens.

Undercover Eredar doesn't make a lot of sense, being demon corrupted makes them power hungry mongrels, they won't coexist with 'lesser' races, just look at what the orcs did when they were infused. [This also counts for the Reformed Eredar]

Original Ereder, They would've either A) Be captured by Kil'jaeden and corrupted or B) Escaped with Velen, there weren't any other escapees, and they would basicly be Draenei.
    If at all they weren't killed on Draenor.

Broken are mutated Draenei and Lost Ones are mentally insane broken, I don't think either will join the Horde, they're sooner to find refuge with Velen.

EDIT: I don't think that the demons, who're essentially created by KJ himself, will ever break free.
    KJ is their father, their creator.
    Last edited by mmoc851eedbfae; 2013-07-26 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    The Twilight Cult is essentially gone now (not sure if lorewise they still exist). The Blackrock Orcs - who were also Twilight Cultists - have joined the Horde, why not the Dark Iron?
    Blackrock were never twighlight cultists.

They were the Dark horde who allied with nefarion to boot out the dark irons

Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    Well, Draenei are Eredar, Man'ari are demon corrupted Eredar.

Basicly, Velen's gang renamed themselves the Draenei which is Eredun [The original language] for Exiled Ones.

Whilst Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde reclaimed the name Ereder.
    Yes, I actually know all of that.

Reformed Eredar will most likely be red/fel Draenei, unless they look like smaller Kil'Jaedens.
    Yes they would look like red Draenei. After all I was responding to a post about re-colored races.

Undercover Eredar doesn't make a lot of sense, being demon corrupted makes them power hungry mongrels, they won't coexist with 'lesser' races, just look at what the orcs did when they were infused. [This also counts for the Reformed Eredar]
    If a Satyr and repent and reform, there's no reason other demons cannot.

Original Ereder, They would've either A) Be captured by Kil'jaeden and corrupted or B) Escaped with Velen, there weren't any other escapees, and they would basicly be Draenei.
    If at all they weren't killed on Draenor.
    There are no escapees that Velen knows of. That's not the same as no escapees period.

Broken are mutated Draenei and Lost Ones are mentally insane broken, I don't think either will join the Horde, they're sooner to find refuge with Velen.
    I'm not suggesting that Broken or Lost Ones join the Horde.

I don't think that the demons, who're essentially created by KJ himself, will ever break free.
    KJ is their father, their creator.
    I disagree that it's as impossible as you say.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

My personal favorite
    The Furbolg
    The advantages:
    Alliance lacks a more primitive, rough around the edges kind of folk. All of it's races are fairly civilised (even the worgen, who under their beastly looks are very classy folk) and they certainly lack the Tauren-like primitivity of nomadic people living in tents and having a religion oriented towards the ancestors.
    The Alliance also needs a race that is composed of powerfull and beastly individuals who do not have the fear to go into battle (they have only the worgen for that, the horde is pretty much composed of such races) and are in the same time (at least sometimes) pretty wise and in tune with nature.
    The Disadvantages:
    Pandaren also look kinda like bears, durr, why do we need annother bear race durr.
    I just read the first few posts of this thread and just wanted to add my opinion on the first post:

Certainly not.....
    - They don't wear Armorsets. They just run around naked with some feather's around their waist.
    - They live out in the wilderness. Their only homes are natural caves and a roting giant tree.
    - What I remember from questing.....they are not really that intelligent to represent a player race (so that maybe wrong because its what my impression was)

Deleted
    Yes, I actually know all of that.
    Making sure everyone gets a nice lore lesson. :P

Yes they would look like red Draenei. After all I was responding to a post about re-colored races.
    My apologies.

If a Satyr and repent and reform, there's no reason other demons cannot.
    Point taken.

There are no escapees that Velen knows of. That's not the same as no escapees period.
    I guess he can't keep track of all of them.

I'm not suggesting that Broken or Lost Ones join the Horde.
    Me neither, but just making the list of eredar subspecies complete.

I disagree that it's as impossible as you say.
    Well, there's a difference between being created by something or mutated by something.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Blackrock were never twighlight cultists.
    They were the Dark horde who allied with nefarion to boot out the dark irons
    Cataclysm

This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.

Blackrock orcs play a major role in the invasion of Northshire Valley. They are a major threat in the Redridge Mountains as well. In the Burning Steppes, they are preparing for a massive assault on Redridge Mountains. Alliance heroes repelled the Blackrock orcs from the Kingdom of Stormwind and the Dark Horde army was crippled in an offensive in the Burning Steppes. Due to Nefarian and his father's return they have allied themselves with Deathwing and have become allies with the Twilight's Hammer clan.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Making sure everyone gets a nice lore lesson. :P
    Sorry - I came off more hostile than I intended.

I guess he can't keep track of all of them.
    My point - which I should have stated more clearly - was that Velen was extremely secretive while collecting his exiles. It's entirely possible that somebody else might have planned their own Exodus secretly. Right and left hands not knowing what the other is doing sort of thing.

I certainly don't think this happened, but if Blizzard wants to go that way, they could make it work.
    Last edited by Julian Rayne; 2013-07-26 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Cataclysm

This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.

Blackrock orcs play a major role in the invasion of Northshire Valley. They are a major threat in the Redridge Mountains as well. In the Burning Steppes, they are preparing for a massive assault on Redridge Mountains. Alliance heroes repelled the Blackrock orcs from the Kingdom of Stormwind and the Dark Horde army was crippled in an offensive in the Burning Steppes. Due to Nefarian and his father's return they have allied themselves with Deathwing and have become allies with the Twilight's Hammer clan.
    While interesting it does not prove they were allied or twighlight cultists. The Blackrock orcs were always warmongers so if they get to fight they would not care whos paying the bills.

I did not see anything in the in game quests that said they were working for the twighlight cult.

Still its interesting at the very least.

Deleted
    Sorry - I came off more hostile than I intended.

My point - which I should have stated more clearly - was that Velen was extremely secretive while collecting his exiles. It's entirely possible that somebody else might have planned their own Exodus secretly. Right and left hands not knowing what the other is doing sort of thing.

I certainly don't think this happened, but if Blizzard wants to go that way, they could make it work.
    Yeah, but they wouldn't be infused so they'd actually be Draenei joining the Horde, essentially making Draenei a neutral race.
    This would be easily compensated with the Blood/High Elf issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    Personally, I'd love to play as a High Elf. However, I wouldn't want it to just be a recolored Blood Elf, so I'd want a new model But, considering how High Elves pretty much are Blood Elves, it wouldn't make sense to have them look completely different.
    The best solution would be to give to the High Elves a new model, different than that of the Blood Elves, as I explained here.

Mae Govannen...
    Daro an îdh sí! Sí na i veth, i veth naid bain...

Welcome to Quel'Athillien, a home for Quel'dorei (High Elves) and those who seek refuge in the North. Nestled in the mountains for many years, Quel'Athillien - which roughly translates to "High Mountain" - was the refuge for the elves who defected from Silvermoon City after the city had fallen into disrepair. Seen as traitors, those who wished not to defile their being with corruptive fel magics and who remained somewhat loyal to previous oaths, lived out their lives protecting the Greenwood forests of the northern Lordaeron borders. Originally, many of these Quel'dorei were wayward rangers who were under both guidance and protection of Quel'Danil Lodge to the east. It wasn't until some years later that Quel'Athillien thought to make its own sovereignty under the watchful eye of the royal house of Sunwhisper.

Under the house of Sunwhisper, Quel'Athillien found its own independence and once more Quel'dorei had an alternative home than that of Dalaran or Theramore. To keep peace and prosperity for her people, the Lady Phoenix (or Grand Duchess) of the royal house sought to make and maintain various allegiances within the Alliance. Those who shared her faith and sense of peace followed as she welcomed all races to her home - save for those who would seek to be the antithesis of her vision. Elves, men, dwarves, draenei, gnomes and worgen were given shelter and a new perspective on life.

Despite its golden age of enlightenment and many attempts to strive for objectively perfect peace, Quel'Athillien is not a home of strict pacifists. The Lord-Knight Velroth Sunwhisper oversees the protection of the land, its allies and its people. Being so near former Scourge holdings, Lord Velroth is on constant alert from any being - foreign or domestic - that would seek to supplant his home. His brother, Lurvantis, is the current leader of the Unicorn Knights, a regiment dedicated to defense of Quel'Athillien abroad.

Last edited by Northem; 2013-07-26 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Added sources

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    The best solution would be to give to the High Elves a new model, different than that of the Blood Elves, as I explained here.

Mae Govannen...
    Daro an îdh sí! Sí na i veth, i veth naid bain...

Welcome to Quel'Athillien, a home for Quel'dorei (High Elves) and those who seek refuge in the North. Nestled in the mountains for many years, Quel'Athillien - which roughly translates to "High Mountain" - was the refuge for the elves who defected from Silvermoon City after the city had fallen into disrepair. Seen as traitors, those who wished not to defile their being with corruptive fel magics and who remained somewhat loyal to previous oaths, lived out their lives protecting the Greenwood forests of the northern Lordaeron borders. Originally, many of these Quel'dorei were wayward rangers who were under both guidance and protection of Quel'Danil Lodge to the east. It wasn't until some years later that Quel'Athillien thought to make its own sovereignty under the watchful eye of the royal house of Sunwhisper.

Under the house of Sunwhisper, Quel'Athillien found its own independence and once more Quel'dorei had an alternative home than that of Dalaran or Theramore. To keep peace and prosperity for her people, the Lady Phoenix (or Grand Duchess) of the royal house sought to make and maintain various allegiances within the Alliance. Those who shared her faith and sense of peace followed as she welcomed all races to her home - save for those who would seek to be the antithesis of her vision. Elves, men, dwarves, draenei, gnomes and worgen were given shelter and a new perspective on life.

Despite its golden age of enlightenment and many attempts to strive for objectively perfect peace, Quel'Athillien is not a home of strict pacifists. The Lord-Knight Velroth Sunwhisper oversees the protection of the land, its allies and its people. Being so near former Scourge holdings, Lord Velroth is on constant alert from any being - foreign or domestic - that would seek to supplant his home. His brother, Lurvantis, is the current leader of the Unicorn Knights, a regiment dedicated to defense of Quel'Athillien abroad.

YOU AGAIN!?

*grabs broom*

SHOO!! SHOO! I SAY FILTHY HIGH ELF LOVER! :P