Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Deleted

The next alliance race options-the People's choice award.

While the Horde's next new race is pretty much a no-brainer- The Ogres, the alliance's situation is a bit diffrent. There are candidates aplenty, but there is no obvious choice. Here is what i think are the best possible options (I'm not counting naga, murlocs, Ethreal, arrakoa for several reasons, mainly because i think they are improbable at best)

My personal favorite
    The Furbolg
    The advantages:
    Alliance lacks a more primitive, rough around the edges kind of folk. All of it's races are fairly civilised (even the worgen, who under their beastly looks are very classy folk) and they certainly lack the Tauren-like primitivity of nomadic people living in tents and having a religion oriented towards the ancestors.
    The Alliance also needs a race that is composed of powerfull and beastly individuals who do not have the fear to go into battle (they have only the worgen for that, the horde is pretty much composed of such races) and are in the same time (at least sometimes) pretty wise and in tune with nature.
    The Disadvantages:
    Pandaren also look kinda like bears, durr, why do we need annother bear race durr.

The other possible option:
    High elves
    The Advantages:
    This also is a pretty obvious choice for the next alliance race. They are allready integrated into alliance society, but they are voiceless and leaderless, but that might change with the return of Alleria (should she return) The High elves are pretty much in tune with Alliance philosophy and lifestyle, so eing in the alliance will be natural to them
    The Disadvantages:
    -Annother (third) elf race
    -Pretty much Blood elves with blue eyes, alltouh this could be changed (new diffrent animations. Make the males look a bit less....gay...make the females look less anorexic, like they would break apart if they try their hand at wielding a mace)

The more obscure options:
    Half-orc
    Yep, that's right, half-orcs, a product of both orcs and humans, the half-orc is actually a possible race for both factions.
    Altough Shunned by both factions, half-orcs are fiercely trying to prove themselves as capable aditions to the society they have chosen to live in.

In recent time, under garrosh's rule, they were actually banished from the horde, being deemed "impure", so they settled for joining the alliance (this is kind of make-up lore, but it is believeable)

This race can have as starting zone a part of the Swamp of Sorrows (probably phased, so it dosen't interfer as much as the normal zone of the swamp, alltough the settlement will be there even in the normal version) , wich is nice considering its close proximity to stormwind
    Advantages:
    This race is a half-half race, wich is something new for the Warcraft playable races.
    A race in the alliance that is not so well accepted as the other races could make for a good plot.
    An interesting culture mixing both human and orcish elements
    Disadvantages:
    Clearly a mish-mash of two existing races (could be considered as interesting and thus advantage tough)

Tuskarr
    Should there ever be a oceanic expansion, there should definetly be a northen system of islands harbouring tribes of Tuskarr.
    This race is definetly very interesting to me, and i felt that they weren't that well represented in WoTLK (they only seemed to care about fishing, despite being attacked from all sides)
    Advantages:
    This race is a lot diffrent than anything the alliance has to offer, being tribal, peacefull and calm, they can definetly bring only nice stuff into the alliance.
    Starting zone should be an island in the northen seas, and their district at stormwind will be in a part of Stormwin Harbor (naturally), a place not used very often, except for traveling with ships.

Wich one do you think is most interesting to you, or do you have any more suggestions, because mine are crap? (they could be)

Alex thinks furblog would be nice

I'm pretty sure Furbolgs will be next, High Elves would basically be blood elf clones, Half-Orc wouldn't mix well and doesn't make too much sense (same amount accepted in the horde?) The tuskarr are more of a netural race and can't (lorewise) survive outside of cold climates.

You do the horde get ogres next being correct.

Deleted
    High Elf. No question.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Furbolgs will be next, High Elves would basically be blood elf clones, Half-Orc wouldn't mix well and doesn't make too much sense (same amount accepted in the horde?) The tuskarr are more of a netural race and can't (lorewise) survive outside of cold climates.

You do the horde get ogres next being correct.
    We could allways say the Half-orcs on horde side were pretty much banished from the horde in Garrosh's rule because they were "impure orcs". I mean Garrosh is racist and hates humans so it comes naturally.

The options are more bears, a copy/paste of a horde race, more humans, and fat walruses?

I'd much prefer High Elves be integrated as an alt skin for Humans and Forsaken. Now there are four elf races, they share models with two already present races, so they can add Furbolg and Ogres as their own things. Also people stop whining about elves. Maybe even for a few months!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Other option: Banana people !!! They would fit in south seas expansion. They would have racial that make them drop they skin and slow/root all enemies in area !!!

15+ Year Old Account
    There's no physical difference between the High Elves and the Blood Elves (other than the eyes), so it'd just end up as a cheap copy of an already existing race.
    Furbolgs, could be possible, but why do the alliance need a more primitive race?
    Half-orcs, I doubt there's enough half-orcs for it to be a playable race. And even if there were, they'd just be green-ish humans.
    Tuskarr are a neutral race, and I don't really see what would make them join the Alliance.

Out of curiousity, what makes you think the Naga, Ethereals and Arrakoa are ''improbable at best''?
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

I don't think there is enough Half-Orcs in existence to be considered a race. Even if there were I don't think they'd fit with the Alliance.

Tuskarr also I don't think would work for the Alliance.

If not Furbolgs, it will be something we've not seen before.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Why do you think Naga are "improbable at best?" They're extremely popular, could ride mounts sidesaddle, have a racial mount option from WCIII lore, and already have the ability to wear full armor-- legs would be a covering over the tail, and boots are already equipped but not shown on many playable races.

Deleted
    furbolg alliance and naga horde.

Dryad will and should be the next Alliance race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    There's no physical difference between the High Elves and the Blood Elves (other than the eyes), so it'd just end up as a cheap copy of an already existing race.
    Furbolgs, could be possible, but why do the alliance need a more primitive race?
    Half-orcs, I doubt there's enough half-orcs for it to be a playable race. And even if there were, they'd just be green-ish humans.
    Tuskarr are a neutral race, and I don't really see what would make them join the Alliance.

Out of curiousity, what makes you think the Naga, Ethereals and Arrakoa are ''improbable at best''?
    Naga have no legs, so they cant wear boots. Also they are aquatic race.
    Ethreals and Arrakoa are not from Azeroth, plus i remember slaying a lot of them with my alliance toon.

I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be enough half-orcs out there for them to become a playable race.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    There's plenty of arguments against having nagas being playable (I honestly don't think they should either), but "not being able to wear boots" isn't a very strong one. Far too many ways to get around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Ethreals and Arrakoa are not from Azeroth, plus i remember slaying a lot of them with my alliance toon.
    Pandaren, Tauren, Draenei, Worgen, and Trolls do not show the boot model on their character, even though they have boots equipped.

Draenei are not from Azeroth. Orcs are not native to Azeroth either.

I remember slaying a lot of Worgen and Goblins on my Alliance toons.

10+ Year Old Account
    No new races.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Pandaren, Tauren, Draenei, Worgen, and Trolls do not show the boot model on their character, even though they have boots equipped.
    They do show a model, however. They're just more along the lines of ankle bracelets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys. Guys guys guys. Guys. What about Murlocs.

Seriously though, as much as I hate to admit it, Jinyu are more probable than any of those races mentioned. And Horde gonna get dem mini-Ogres.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    They do show a model, however. They're just more along the lines of ankle bracelets.
    Yes, and what's to stop the Naga from wearing a ring or "ankle bracelet" at the end of their tail to show the boot slot? That's my point-- there are already races that do not show the full boot model, so not having feet is really a non-issue.