Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Why do you think Naga are "improbable at best?" They're extremely popular, could ride mounts sidesaddle, have a racial mount option from WCIII lore, and already have the ability to wear full armor-- legs would be a covering over the tail, and boots are already equipped but not shown on many playable races.
    They couldn't move on land if their tails were covered.

Also the race has to bring something to the table. The original vanilla races all brought something to the table as did the expansion races (draenei brought their knowledge and tech *which we don't see anymore* and Worgen brought fierce fighters and a reunion of the human races). What do Furbolgs bring? Nothing it seems to me unless they go with another highly 'shamanistic' expansion then I suppose they could bring their own shamany ways to the table but that doesn't seem likely.

High Elves while highly sought after probably won't happen until Alleria returns and even she probably won't be joining the Alliance or Horde. So they'll make a come back then but as a neutral faction most likely. Half Orcs have already been said why they make little sense. Same for the Tuskarr.

Something to keep in mind is this: the Alliance and Horde do not have to perfectly copy each other. That mind set has come around with the homogenization of races/classes and I wish Blizz would move away from that. Fine the Horde needed more Tech so they got Goblins (to counterpart the Gnomes and their Tech), but that doesn't mean we need 'savage races' on Alliance or 'high society' on Horde. But even then we still have that (the Night Elves used to be savage in combat but have been tamed down a lot and the Worgen are savage in combat, and the Blood Elves are the High Society piece for Horde).

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They couldn't move on land if their tails were covered.
    I- I used to get dragons in the mail.

Players can shapeshift while wearing leather armor, and worgen players can completely alter their physiology while wearing full plate and it causes no issues. I don't really think realism to serpent movement is a valid argument for the purposes of World of Warcraft.

It will might end up being Jinyu and Hozen for the next races, if any. Or as I call it, Fish and Chimps.

If they're going to do Jinyu (which I hope they do not) they have to give them a mega overhaul. The NE skeleton with a weird fish head thing on it does equal cool or exciting.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of those options are fairly terrible. Could you imagine the QQ from Blood Elves if High Elves showed up as a race with modern animation and physics? Not to mention that it would lead to a faction imbalance because all of the Blood Elf players would race change to High Elves as soon as they were able to.

The Night Elves and the Naga hate each each other. Additionally, I'm pretty sure that Naga need to be near water to survive. Good luck destroying lore to make that happen.

I'm hoping for a new class. I think we have enough races that we completely ignore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Yes, and what's to stop the Naga from wearing a ring or "ankle bracelet" at the end of their tail to show the boot slot? That's my point-- there are already races that do not show the full boot model, so not having feet is really a non-issue.
    I feel like naga wouldnt be accepted wery well by any race, but it could be possible if there is a splinter faction within them.

I understand some people want High Elves, but let's be realistic... it's not gonna happen. There are far too many other (and more interesting) races that people want playable.

If High Elves are ever made playable, I expect them to really differentiate them from Blood Elves. Adding BE's with blue eyes is not a compelling addition to the game, and Blizz isn't gonna half-ass a new playable race.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    I feel like naga wouldnt be accepted wery well by any race, but it could be possible if there is a splinter faction within them.
    They would probably accepted just as well as half-orcs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    They would probably accepted just as well as half-orcs.
    Not really, naga are known for attacking human settlements, and any settlements for that matter, that are close to water.
    Also, it is said that the naga are screwing up Kul Tiras at the moment. WIch, given the location, could be finally introduced into WoW should there be oceanic expansion.
    Except if they bring up half-human half-naga people..

10+ Year Old Account

Harpy! I want a female only race and I think Harpies are awesome! They could have a self-flight racial similar to Running Wild.

And Naga would most definitely be Horde, since Naga saved all of the Blood Elves from execution by the mean Alliance. And when they add Naga to Horde through Blood Elves, they could add Furbolg to Alliance through Draenei.
    Last edited by Bryrida; 2013-07-21 at 08:41 PM.
    "Being bad never felt so good!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Long post about stuff.
    I don't like any of those. I would prefer Naga, simply because I'm getting a little tired of human copies. The furred races don't bother me as much, but we have three already (Worgen, Tauren, and Pandaren who are on both sides).

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Races I see as viable for the Alliance?

Apexis/Arakkoa
    Drakonid
    Ethereals
    Naga
    Jinyu
    High Elf
    Children of Cenarius
    Tol'vir

Some of these have issues.

With HElfs? The BElfs.
    With Naga? Mounts
    With CoC and Tol'vir? They are four legged.

EJL

Deleted
    The 100m sprint or the hurdles.

Nagas aren't improbable, Metzen has even spoken fondly of them and said that he'd like for them to be playable races at some point along with Ogres, though that was all the way back during the pre-TBC era where they were talking about the Blood Elves and Draeneis, so a change of opinion is possible. Either way, if they really want Naga to be playable then they can do it, and it wouldn't be too hard. As for the mount issue, have them curl their tails together like a snake does and have them sit like that on top of the mount.

next ally race, the darkspear trolls. horde will gladly take the gnomes

Deleted
    I'd also like to throw in Vrykul. Ever since Storm Peaks I wanted to play a female Vrykul.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryrida View Post

Harpy! I want a female only race and I think Harpies are awesome! They could have a self-flight racial similar to Running Wild.

And Naga would most definitely be Horde, since Naga saved all of the Blood Elves from execution by the mean Alliance. And when they add Naga to Horde through Blood Elves, they could add Furbolg to Alliance through Draenei.
    I agree that harpies as a playable race would be awesome. However, I'd want them to have male and female. I just can't bring myself to play a female toon.

The next Alliance race will probably High Elfs. With the amount of threads on this topic alone, I think Alliance players would rebel if they got a new race that wasn't a high elf. Furbolgs might be a close second, but personally it would be cooler to have either a Harpy or Dryad/Children of Cenarius.

As for Horde, I think ogres at this point are a safe bet. They're long overdue. I am not saying that I want them, but it is what it is. I'd prefer Nagas, but it's up to Blizz. They can either create a female Ogre from scratch or remodel pants for Naga tails, what is more work? I dunno. It all boils down to:

What's the next expansion? Who's the next Horde Warchief? A Burning Legion expansion would mean the return of Aleria and a possible addition of the High Elfs to the Alliance. A burning Legion expansion could also open the possibility of the Horde recruiting Naztherim (who are not that fond of the Legion btw) that would help us against Kil'jaeden. It is possible, Blizz just needs better writers, not just Metzen....

Rexxar becoming Warchief would have been a good pretext to add Ogres to the Horde, but no...we're gonna get safe bets Vol'jin or Thrall (how exciting...not).

An Azshara expansion could make Nagas a possibility....it's all up in the air :|

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    The next Alliance race will probably High Elfs. With the amount of threads on this topic alone, I think Alliance players would rebel if they got a new race that wasn't a high elf.
    You High Elf fans are insane! I can't believe you actually think that it's not only possible, but probable HE's will be the next Alliance race. There is a very small amount of people who want HE's. There would be an outrage if High Elves were the next new race. Most people are perfectly happy with each side having one elf race. NO MORE ELVES!