Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Thumbs down So when will Shadow Priests see the well needed buff to mobility?

    As the title clearly states, this thread is about shadows much needed buff to mobility. Now, before people call this a cry thread, I would like to point out that I enjoy every aspect of the class, but when it comes to mobility I feel absolutely useless.

    Brilliant class; brilliant play-style; worse mobility ever.

    Yes, I know that pvp isn't based around 1v1 or 2v2, but even in 3's we get tunneled and can do nothing but sit and take it and then die abruptly when our healer is cc'd for a few seconds.

    When are we going to get the simplest of mobility buffs? Blizzard would you kindly take your head out of your rectum and sort it out.

  2. #2
    Some casters get mobility: mage, hunter
    Other casters get tankiness and decent self heals: lock, spriest, elem shaman, boomkin.

    You can't have both.

  3. #3
    You think shadow is tanky? Wow, you clearly haven't played one. And the shadow-form nerf next patch is going to ruin us further.

  4. #4
    Locks have both, Boomers do, and ele's have sick burst and are by no means a dotting class. Dont really get that. Point is the whole mind spike nerf fucked us. I think we need to make it baseline in Pvp especially since all other utility tghings such as heals void shift and md have all been nerfed,

  5. #5
    Probably never, because some jackass at blizzard got it in to their head that multi-dotting is a bad playstyle and needs to be punished by nerfing the piss out of dots.

  6. #6
    Isn't your mobility fears and shackle? Though shackle isn't all that useful
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by impfernal View Post
    Point is the whole mind spike nerf fucked us.
    Shadow damage is in a good place, it's not the damage that's screwing us over. Being tunneled by every arena comp in the game and not being able to snare targets or get away from ANYONE is the one and only thing that's screwing us.

    Oh, and another thing to the first reply, shadow does not have "decent self heals".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    Isn't your mobility fears and shackle? Though shackle isn't all that useful
    Shackle? It doesn't work on players, it's only for undead. I believe you mean tendrils, and even at that it's piss poor.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurn View Post
    Shadow damage is in a good place, it's not the damage that's screwing us over. Being tunneled by every arena comp in the game and not being able to snare targets or get away from ANYONE is the one and only thing that's screwing us.

    Oh, and another thing to the first reply, shadow does not have "decent self heals".

    - - - Updated - - -



    Shackle? It doesn't work on players, it's only for undead. I believe you mean tendrils, and even at that it's piss poor.
    True and thanks for the correction but thinking about it now it would get an unholy DK's pet off you when he enrages. Been ages since I've done unholy so not sure if it's like BM and because unstoppable during that time.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    it would get an unholy DK's pet off you
    Yea, a spell which has so much potential is wasted on one pet and one cooldown. Doesn't make us any less of a nuke-able target.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurn View Post
    You think shadow is tanky? Wow, you clearly haven't played one. And the shadow-form nerf next patch is going to ruin us further.
    Spriest ARE tanky, less so in 5.4, but are still the tankiest caster. 15% DR, and they run inner fire which essentially gives mail armor, plate if you glyph it. Glyphed inner fire in 5.4 shadowform will probably put you far above plate armorwise, unglyphed still at plate level. The "tankyness" that most people see is the instant healing/shielding though.

    I believe you mean tendrils, and even at that it's piss poor.
    Tendrils is probably the best root in the game behind hunters web (which is getting nerfed). 8 second shutdown of my unholy dk guaranteed, UH can't kill the tendrils quick enough and attempting to do so blows half your resources assuming you even have any. Being undispellable is a joke.

    I play disc not shadow, but 80% move speed on feathers is a pretty nice mobility buff if used correctly, and still have phantasm for self-freedom if you don't like feathers. Sure their mobility is the worst among the casters, but someone has to be the worst. Spriests are very strong right now, and low mobility is just their playstyle.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    I play disc not shadow, but 80% move speed on feathers is a pretty nice mobility buff if used correctly, and still have phantasm for self-freedom if you don't like feathers. Sure their mobility is the worst among the casters, but someone has to be the worst. Spriests are very strong right now, and low mobility is just their playstyle.
    I think what he means by mobility is the ability to do high damage while on the move, combined with the ability to avoid melee. Some classes have high damage on the move, other classes have high ability to avoid melee trains. Hunters have both. Warlocks and elemental shaman have high damage, but mediocre ability to avoid melee. Boomkins and mages have high ability to avoid melee, but generally low damage while on the move.

    Shadow priests have low damage on the move, and poor ability to avoid melee trains. They need dedicated peels to make them effective. The reason shadow priests were dangerous earlier this season was the utility. Void shift and offheals and leap of faith made them very good counters to hunter comps. Blizzard nerfed the utility, without compensating for the loss through better damage mechanics, making shadow priests trainable.

  12. #12
    I don't know what game you think you're playing, but shadow is NOT tanky. In full tyr gear I get globaled by nearly every class in the game. If you don't know what you're talking about, please don't even bother.

    User was infracted in this thread
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-07-21 at 09:58 PM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurn View Post
    I don't know what game you think you're playing, but shadow is NOT tanky. In full tyr gear I get globaled by nearly every class in the game. If you don't know what you're talking about, please don't even bother.
    If your getting globaled by nearly every class in the game as an spriest then I think the issue isn't the class. Spriests are tankier than most of the other casters, locks have better cds to be sure but they are far better to train than an spriest.

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggety View Post
    Shadow priests have low damage on the move, and poor ability to avoid melee trains. They need dedicated peels to make them effective. The reason shadow priests were dangerous earlier this season was the utility. Void shift and offheals and leap of faith made them very good counters to hunter comps. Blizzard nerfed the utility, without compensating for the loss through better damage mechanics, making shadow priests trainable.
    Like I said, its a playstyle difference. Spriests that wreck people in arenas basically play a healer until they can line up a cc then turn around and insanity your face from 100 to 0 in 3 seconds (with or without partner help, spriests burst is incredible).
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2013-07-21 at 09:33 PM.

  14. #14
    Oh yes, I'm getting globaled in full tyr but yet it's not the classes fault. Good job kid, you're clearly retarded, go back to sleep.

    User was infracted in this thread
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-07-21 at 09:59 PM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurn View Post
    Oh yes, I'm getting globaled in full tyr but yet it's not the classes fault. Good job kid, you're clearly retarded, go back to sleep.
    I like how you say "in full tyr" like it even makes much difference. If your getting globaled by everyone then how will mobility solve anything? O wait, you have a fucking immunity cd. Go complain to dks about how bad you get globaled by everyone.

  16. #16
    And for the third time in the post, I shall add that I am not complaining about damage, but half of you are too illiterate to read anything before you give your retarded opinion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    LOL dk, go home kid it's past your bed time.

    User was infracted in this thread
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-07-21 at 09:59 PM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurn View Post
    LOL dk, go home kid it's past your bed time.
    Whew, not sure how I can argue with that. So much insightful and thought-provoking information you provide, I don't even know how to counter it. Ill just go to bed apparently.

  18. #18
    The Patient Fur Play's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cardiff, South Wales.
    Posts
    348
    You don't need mobility. You can't have everything.

    Wanna run around dpsing? Play a different class!

  19. #19
    Oh look, more kids to laugh at. Go cry about your own classes in your own thread.

    Infracted for major trolling in this thread
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-07-21 at 09:51 PM.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurn View Post
    shadow does not have "decent self heals".
    Shadow have BY FAR the strongest healing abilities off all DPS specs. Even with all the nerfs that came since MoP launch, then are clearly above everyone when when it comes to healing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •