Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Another retard for the culling.

    User was infracted in this thread
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-07-21 at 09:58 PM.

  2. #22
    Over 9000! apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    9,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    Some casters get mobility: mage, hunter
    Other casters get tankiness and decent self heals: lock, spriest, elem shaman, boomkin.

    You can't have both.
    Boomkins are tanky...lol. They are pretty mobile if you tried one.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrazyl View Post
    Shadow have BY FAR the strongest healing abilities off all DPS specs. Even with all the nerfs that came since MoP launch, then are clearly above everyone when when it comes to healing.
    Are we talking healing others or self-healing? Because the selfhealing price certainly goes to something else. The healing is ok, but the problem is that shadow doesn't have anything burst-healing, only low sustained with multiple global-costs.

    A priest playing defensively is roughly fully shut-down in damage, where as a lot of other classes only pop a cooldown to take less damage, and continue to train my ass. You have to shield, DS, renew, PoM and thats 4 globals, while a ret pops a selfless healer flash of light in 1 global that does the same only with just one global. This is probably not 100% accurate number-wise but it serves as an example of the idea. Burst-healing is way more valuable than sustained healing IMO as well.

    The second problem is that shadow is the only class that you can "wear out". Continuous healing usage has its effect on the manabar, unlike no other PvP-spec priests can oom themselves and effectively become useless, and it's not even a hard thing to do. A rule of thumb is if the priest is doing, or has to do flash heal spam, he has already lost because of the mana. This is something people that don't play the class undervalue. It's very painful and boring.

    OT: I don't see how it's absolutely necessary for pvp, it can be avoided with buffs in other departments apart from damage. For PvE it's needed, along with a slight single target dmg buff. There's a lot of requests for a glyph that removes the slow on flay and makes it castable while moving. Since flay is the lowest prio, lowest damage go-to spell in the arsenal it's pretty much like Lightning Bolt or Malefic Grasp or Scorch. Many casters have it, so it's not really gamebreaking, but a rather nice PvE buff and quality of life change.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Probably never, because some jackass at blizzard got it in to their head that multi-dotting is a bad playstyle and needs to be punished by nerfing the piss out of dots.
    Probably the most accurate description of what seems to be happening this expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  5. #25
    If 2 SP partners can't make him space to put out some preassure then you would lose with them on almost any class.

  6. #26
    A SP won the MiR tournament, they're not that bad. It's just that the OP probably only does 2's.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurn View Post
    Shadow damage is in a good place, it's not the damage that's screwing us over. Being tunneled by every arena comp in the game and not being able to snare targets or get away from ANYONE is the one and only thing that's screwing us.

    Oh, and another thing to the first reply, shadow does not have "decent self heals".

    - - - Updated - - -



    Shackle? It doesn't work on players, it's only for undead. I believe you mean tendrils, and even at that it's piss poor.
    I meant the mind spike glyph nerf where we could have two cast of mind spike for an instant MB, also it did alot of dmg and it's almost useless in pve with DI. seems to me a revert of that glyph is neccesary.

  8. #28
    Almost every other class needs their mobility nerfed IMO.

  9. #29
    Would be really great if Shadow Priests could at least cast Vampiric Touch while moving, at least. Would be a big pvp buff though, so they probably won't do it

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    True and thanks for the correction but thinking about it now it would get an unholy DK's pet off you when he enrages. Been ages since I've done unholy so not sure if it's like BM and because unstoppable during that time.
    Just for clarification, BM pets are no longer unstoppable/unCCable during Bestial Wrath, it only clears existing effects when used.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    Are we talking healing others or self-healing? Because the selfhealing price certainly goes to something else. The healing is ok, but the problem is that shadow doesn't have anything burst-healing, only low sustained with multiple global-costs.

    A priest playing defensively is roughly fully shut-down in damage, where as a lot of other classes only pop a cooldown to take less damage, and continue to train my ass. You have to shield, DS, renew, PoM and thats 4 globals, while a ret pops a selfless healer flash of light in 1 global that does the same only with just one global. This is probably not 100% accurate number-wise but it serves as an example of the idea. Burst-healing is way more valuable than sustained healing IMO as well.

    The second problem is that shadow is the only class that you can "wear out". Continuous healing usage has its effect on the manabar, unlike no other PvP-spec priests can oom themselves and effectively become useless, and it's not even a hard thing to do. A rule of thumb is if the priest is doing, or has to do flash heal spam, he has already lost because of the mana. This is something people that don't play the class undervalue. It's very painful and boring.

    OT: I don't see how it's absolutely necessary for pvp, it can be avoided with buffs in other departments apart from damage. For PvE it's needed, along with a slight single target dmg buff. There's a lot of requests for a glyph that removes the slow on flay and makes it castable while moving. Since flay is the lowest prio, lowest damage go-to spell in the arsenal it's pretty much like Lightning Bolt or Malefic Grasp or Scorch. Many casters have it, so it's not really gamebreaking, but a rather nice PvE buff and quality of life change.
    mind flay would just get kicked then. the 33% nerf to pom and renew for shadow not going live would of been better. also mana regen for shadow shouldnt be so reliant on vt. oom'ing a shadow by tunneling shouldnt be a valid strat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrazyl View Post
    Shadow have BY FAR the strongest healing abilities off all DPS specs. Even with all the nerfs that came since MoP launch, then are clearly above everyone when when it comes to healing.
    Druids/rets and eles would like a word.

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggety View Post
    I think what he means by mobility is the ability to do high damage while on the move, combined with the ability to avoid melee. Some classes have high damage on the move, other classes have high ability to avoid melee trains. Hunters have both. Warlocks and elemental shaman have high damage, but mediocre ability to avoid melee. Boomkins and mages have high ability to avoid melee, but generally low damage while on the move.

    Shadow priests have low damage on the move, and poor ability to avoid melee trains. They need dedicated peels to make them effective. The reason shadow priests were dangerous earlier this season was the utility. Void shift and offheals and leap of faith made them very good counters to hunter comps. Blizzard nerfed the utility, without compensating for the loss through better damage mechanics, making shadow priests trainable.
    accurate post.




    to conclude though i'd be fine with shadow if we werent receiving a 15% dmg reduction nerf. its HUGE.
    claiming inner fire buff is valid is silly. I dont care about the white hits. its the yellows that hurt think magic/diseases/specials tht ignore armor). Buffing everyone 10% doesnt compensate
    Last edited by stickyjam; 2013-07-23 at 11:07 AM.

  12. #32
    Brewmaster Alanar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Close to you..
    Posts
    1,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    Some casters get mobility: mage, hunter
    Other casters get tankiness and decent self heals: lock, spriest, elem shaman, boomkin.

    You can't have both.
    False information to tha bone sir.

    Ele/lock obivously able to do styuff while moving.

    Spriest/boomy uhm.. boomies can teleport.. shadow can?..


  13. #33
    Glad that some others who feel the same way have chimed in. Just wish Blizzard would actually listen to their community and stop breaking their own game. There is literally nothing fun to do in WoW any longer, and I'm probably going to un-sub, wait for ESO and then actually enjoy gaming again.

  14. #34
    I am Murloc! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    5,763
    Shadow doesnt need a buff to mobility, so Never! If you want to play a caster with high mobility, play a mage. If you want to play a hybrid caster, with strong defenses and team utility, play Shadow.


    Spriest/boomy uhm.. boomies can teleport.. shadow can?..
    Cast many instant spells of varying power while they move around.

    Does no one remember the good old days where casters had to actually cast and didnt get abilities to keep melee off them 24/7... the days before GC.
    You, you'll regret what you have done this day, I will make you regret ever being born, you're going to wish you never left your mother's womb, where it was warm and safe and wet, I am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainbow!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=ep65rr-9qjQ Full Pilot Episode! Best thing to come out of Adult Swim!

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post

    Does no one remember the good old days where casters had to actually cast and didnt get abilities to keep melee off them 24/7... the days before GC.
    Ah yes, the good old days when Warriors and Rogues and Preists had fun in PvP and nobody else

  16. #36
    I am Murloc! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    5,763
    Quote Originally Posted by exriel View Post
    Ah yes, the good old days when Warriors and Rogues and Preists had fun in PvP and nobody else
    Uh what? You didnt even list enough classes to cover the classic RMP VS WLD matches of TBC. And in Wrath almost everyone was viable Season 7, without half the retarded shit we have now.
    You, you'll regret what you have done this day, I will make you regret ever being born, you're going to wish you never left your mother's womb, where it was warm and safe and wet, I am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainbow!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=ep65rr-9qjQ Full Pilot Episode! Best thing to come out of Adult Swim!

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurn View Post
    As the title clearly states, this thread is about shadows much needed buff to mobility. Now, before people call this a cry thread, I would like to point out that I enjoy every aspect of the class, but when it comes to mobility I feel absolutely useless.

    Brilliant class; brilliant play-style; worse mobility ever.

    Yes, I know that pvp isn't based around 1v1 or 2v2, but even in 3's we get tunneled and can do nothing but sit and take it and then die abruptly when our healer is cc'd for a few seconds.

    When are we going to get the simplest of mobility buffs? Blizzard would you kindly take your head out of your rectum and sort it out.
    Your mobility is me running 500 yards away from you every when you keep me feared for in excess of 14 seconds before real diminishing returns kick in.

    Whatever problems Shadow priests have, have nothing to do with Mobility. And Shadow seriously shouldn't see any sort of buff before Disc is nerfed into the ground. Because right now any sort of buff that could in any way trickle into disc, would turn the damn thing into the incarnation of Jesus Christ the Avenger, as the definition of demigod would be insufficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Sexual assault is not always rape.
    *slowclap*

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    Isn't your mobility fears and shackle? Though shackle isn't all that useful
    When I saw Pally's were getting fear, I instantly checked the Priest thread to see if shackle was going to be for more than just Undead creatures... sadly disappointed

  19. #39
    Stood in the Fire Baenesur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    456
    I agree you need a bit more mobility.
    Maybe making you able to run and cast for the next 2.5 seconds or the next casted/channeled spell after Mind Blasting.
    Warlock New Main
    Druid Retired Main after many years
    Brawler's Guild ALL fights

  20. #40
    As an Spriest myself , I say giving classes more of what they don't have has been one of the major fubar's of this xpac. Beside, I may not zipping about like a mage on speed but I have more mobility than I had in the past which is all I ever asked for (in fact pre MoP all I ever asked for was a snare which I got or LoL Fiend).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •