WoW pvpers seem less hardcore than other games.

I have played many MMOs but out of all of them that have PvP WoW players are the least hardcore. Compared to older games with FFA carnage and corpse looting like EvE and Ultima Online WoW pvpers are just carebears. Even DAoC had far more hardcore PvPers than WoW. Hell DAoC probably had more hardcore PvPers in its entire game and its numbers were laughable compared to WoW. Even newer games like Rift and GW2 the majority of PvPers just seemed more into it. They dont seem to give up as often and actually try to win. Also the skill I have come up against playing BGs in other MMOs seems far higher than in WoW. Do most WoW players just not care about PvP?

Deleted
    You wont find good people in bgs. There.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Myabe because the game is a cc burst fest. A shitty pvp game that is unbalanced (intentionally by the developers , I might add) might make it less hardcore friendly

Are you only doing regular bg's? There are plenty of skilled pvpers out there but you might only find one good player in a bg.

what are you guys talking about battlegrounds are what separates the men from the boyz, especially those rated ones.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Regular battlegrounds are a joke if you're looking for competitive PvP. If you want something competitive, do some rated battlegrounds (over 2k rating). Or do some 3's which is a step up from rated BG's.

Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    Are you only doing regular bg's? There are plenty of skilled pvpers out there but you might only find one good player in a bg.
    And as soon as we see that it is a no win situation, we either camp mid for kills or /cast catform /cast prowl

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    Regular battlegrounds are a joke if you're looking for competitive PvP. If you want something competitive, do some rated battlegrounds (over 2k rating). Or do some 3's which is a step up from rated BG's.
    RBGs arent much better. Did some yolos last night with a 100% OQ pug. We beat 4 guild teams including one win with only 9 players. Me and 4 others were fresh 90s and had like 600 ratings.

i have played wow/ aion / rift all at end game pvp level in end game pvp gear.
    over all they are about equal but i have seen higher skilled players in wow more than any of those games.

Probably has something to do with the fact that the PvP in WoW is trash.