Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Crusader Absalom View Post
    Prot pallies are up there (30-70ish). Only saying this as I took on a warrior and rogue, both heirloomed at 57 and I was 55 and I had 4 quest mobs on me at 55 with no heirlooms.
    Vengeance. Also, they were not skilled since they have good tools to get past your armor and avoidance and still died.

10+ Year Old Account
    With full BoA gears you can just rip apart someone that is not in them. So if he was using every piece of BoA and you did not have any on the toon you were on at the time that sounds bout normal really. the differnce is pretty big in PvE not sure if the gap is as large in PvP as I normally just spam dungeons while I lvl a alt and quest between them. If you don't have the BoA gear it is fairly easy and fast to deck your guy out and depending on your guild lvl you can buy a few pieces strait away.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    With full BoA gears you can just rip apart someone that is not in them. So if he was using every piece of BoA and you did not have any on the toon you were on at the time that sounds bout normal really. the differnce is pretty big in PvE not sure if the gap is as large in PvP as I normally just spam dungeons while I lvl a alt and quest between them. If you don't have the BoA gear it is fairly easy and fast to deck your guy out and depending on your guild lvl you can buy a few pieces strait away.
    Boa is ridiculously overrated face a 60 or 70 twink and you will see why.

Go play a prot warrior, and you tell me whats up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    Is it just me or are certain classes just unkillable while leveling?
    It's not you. Looking from purely math perspective, WoW is absolutely impossible to balance on every single level. There are just too many variables and interactions. Hell, even level 90 is not balanced in every situation. Therefore, it's best to just level and get it over with. If someone ganks you, don't take it to heart and move on.

As for what classes are unkillable, i'd roughly vote
    any tank > any healer and hunter > hybrid dps >>>> pure dps

I prefer ganking disco priests on my blood dk.. Lichborne -> Grip -> Asphyxiate -> Mind Freeze (if needed) -> dead. That surprise when inexperienced disco tries to fear and dies. Priceless
    Last edited by mmoc0b587272a8; 2013-07-22 at 04:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mezmer1411 View Post
    As for what classes are unkillable, i'd roughly vote
    any tank > any healer and hunter > hybrid dps >>>> pure dps
    Rogues aren't killable because they are invisible. Mages aren't killable because they are mages. Locks are pretty killable at low levels. Hunters aren't killable because they press Stampede to win. Pures are pretty good below max level imo.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Rogues aren't killable because they are invisible. Mages aren't killable because they are mages.
    Rogues are rofl below level 34 (no vanish, cloak or 2nd opener - blind), even so until 58. Things get better for them after Cloak, but not much.
    Mages are also rofl to kill below 60 (no double block, shatter, bomb or insta frostfire).

Talking from a tank perspective.

Hunters, Prot warriors, Prot Pallies, Disc priests zzz

Rogues aren't killable because they are invisible. Mages aren't killable because they are mages. Locks are pretty killable at low levels. Hunters aren't killable because they press Stampede to win. Pures are pretty good below max level imo.
    Stampede and win? The question was 1-89 not 87-89 anyway. Rogues as soon as they are out of stealth are pretty much dead at low lvl they have no mobility and no survival and do no real dmg outside of ambush evis. Mages are harder to kill than rogues at low lvl but thats not saying much. Hunter's are easily killable like other pures at low lvl the difference here is all the instant 40y dmg the hunter is more likely to kill you before you can kill him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Stampede and win? The question was 1-89 not 87-89 anyway. Rogues as soon as they are out of stealth are pretty much dead at low lvl they have no mobility and no survival and do no real dmg outside of ambush evis. Mages are harder to kill than rogues at low lvl but thats not saying much. Hunter's are easily killable like other pures at low lvl the difference here is all the instant 40y dmg the hunter is more likely to kill you before you can kill him.
    Good point, I brought my hunter up recently but she was already 85 in MoP launch and I had played her a bit at the start of the expansion when I thought I was going to be playing in a KFC (but our paladin fell through and our warrior went back to competitive starcraft). So my whole recent leveling experience with her was with Stampede. It feels much more effective below 90 than it does at 90 though I press it now mostly to annoy people (but as a caster, I can say with confidence that it is really annoying!).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Boa is ridiculously overrated face a 60 or 70 twink and you will see why.
    Ya like I said in my post, NOT SURE about PvP as I do not lvl that way and not doubt a twink with BiS will be a lot more powerful. As I said in my post I was speaking of just the random stuff as you lvl up NOT as you sit in a bracket and twink your toon out. thanks though
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

15+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of twinks.

I got a gun the other day that was 409 item level and usable at level 80. It has something like 3600 weapon DPS, compared to the BiS raid bow at that level having only like 600 weapon DPS.

I was considering leveling another hunter just for level 80 twink arenas to see if I could one-shot people with it - probably as marksmen, given all the weapon damage multipliers it has on powershot/aimedshot/chimera/killshot

How are hunters at 80 lately? They used to be really strong in lower level BGs.

Disc/shadow priests. Last I checked, PW:S is still insanely over-tuned pre-90.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    hunters are OP full stop.

Priests >> pretty much any hybrid > hunters > everything else.

The exception are prot warriors, which albeit easy enough to deal with, if they crit with shield slam you will die no matter what class you play. Also if a hunter gets an 80%+ aimed shot off on you you quickly run out of ways to deal with him as he just has to scatter you and cast another AS.

Deleted
    Speaking of twinks.

I was considering leveling another hunter just for level 80 twink arenas
    Step 1: gear a level 80 elemental shaman
    417: staff
    409: 2x trinkets, gloves, bracers, legs
    308: neck, ring, chest, shoulders, belt, helm, cloak
    289: ring

Step 2: level 525 herbalism for haste CD and blacksmithing for 2 MoP gems.
    Step 3: queue
    Step 4: profit!

Sidenote: if only human shaman is a valid combo for free trinket
    Last edited by mmoc0b587272a8; 2013-07-23 at 03:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Full heirlooms are BOA against anything pre-70 except.... against a full 60 twink, someone stacking gems in starting BC gear with 2-3 gems per slot and epic LK gems.

70's? Forget it. All through Cata Brutal/Sunwell geared players with max professions viewed BOA players as a tasty snack, a free HK complete with pain, humiliation and glee.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Non-max level pvp (and even max level pvp before about 476 pvp gear) is a total loss.

Hunters are absurd, as are disc priests, as for many of these levels power word shield is about equal to a life bar. Alpha strike specs can be overpowered, especially because you don't see them coming. I would say that many healers are not nearly as broken as disc.

Your best bet would probably be if you were brewmaster, and be very proactive about putting up things like physical shields and defensive cooldowns.

- - - Updated - - -

I call shenanigans. This was fixed in 5.3.
    Not shenanigans. I've been leveling a prot warrior for funsies and with the glyph for shield slam or revenge I can 1 shot most anything.

Did a WSG @ 39 and 49 and was able to hold off the entire attacking team, 5 players at a time with 10 stacks of the debuff on me. Was me and a Balance Druid. I'd just charge/shieldblock/shieldslam = win.

At 59 it was the same deal. Except now I have access to both glyphs.

Disc is just... broken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Disc is just... broken.
    I don't understand why most of you find disc that hard to kill. All you need is one good cc and one interrupt (at least sub-80). Maybe a bit more if the said disc is a human. Experienced pvp-er disc I understand, but realistically, while leveling, how many of those do you gank?

On average, whatever class I play I find tanks the hardest to kill, simply due to how much damage they can negate while at the same time dishing out the same damage as a dps. Take prot pally as an example - every WoG is basically a Lay on hands, on top of it a plethora of defensives and utility.
    Last edited by mmoc0b587272a8; 2013-07-25 at 01:38 PM.