1) What's your mage's name, realm(US/EU/etc), and current ilvl?
Israfael @ Mazrigos, 536
2) What specs have you completed at least one fight in Tier 14 in?
Fire till the Friday hotfix, then i put mage on hold and went offtank because of guild needs (still played fire in LFR)
3) Tier 15?
Frost (both normal and hc), few bosses as fire on normal
4) If numbers were not an issue, what spec would you play?
Cata-style Fire or Frost with pet freeze / hard hitter-DF
5) If you could sacrifice spec diversity to have the same scaling across all 3 specs to allow for true choice in thematics, would you be okay with that? If not, would you be okay with it as a temporary solution?
No, we already lost much of diversity and versatility in Cata->MoP transition
6) If you were against the idea presented in #5 (or if you were for it, give any opinion): Would you rather true spec diversity, but the requirement that you change specs for appropriate fights? Would this be more appealing if all gear worked for all specs, but your mage/frost/molten armor compensated for the scaling?
I'd have no qualms about changing specs per fight basis as our hunters usually do (with the same stat weights etc), it would be only refreshing. Not sure about armors, now it seems like an artificial buff that could be baked in specs (as theres no need to conserve mana on long fights, or recieve less physical / magical damage on heavy inc-dmg fights). Overall, i didnt like MoP changes even a little bit as they removed many things that allowed devs to fine tune and tweak specs without going all-hotfix on us.
7) If you could change only one thing about the mage class overall, what would it be?
Return fire to pre-mop state with fixed + crit% modifiers and get rid of CM.