Deleted

Need help from someone with great PC/Hardwear knowledge

Hello, my computer randomly changed resolution to a lower non HD one, I then tried to put it back up but the normal resolution I use but was not there. After this tried to play WoW and it said there was no graphics card. So im guessing that my card broke.

Im looking to get a new card (GeForce GT 640 Graphics Card) and I was wondering if it would fit in my PC (Acer Predator G5900)and if my PC has the right sockets for it and power source please, please, please help! thanks

Also if not could you recommend a card that would work

Here are links to my PC and the card.
    PC: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/deskt...specifications
    Card: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nvidia-GeFor...eywords=nvidia

10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly, have you verified that it isn't a software issue (drivers?)
    Secondly, is any of the system or card still under warranty? What's your budget? It's hard to recommend a 640, unless you're the kind of person where Ramen makes a meal >.>
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Yeah Its my card & nope i dont have any warranty! I have a £80 budget and people say the 640 is the best for the price

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you actually uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers?

Anyway, not sure who told you a 640 is a good buy. For £82 you can get a 650 ti, which is miles ahead of the 640.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not normal for a card to die out of the blue, usually there is some build up to it. I would be reseating the card, checking power connectors, checking if it registers in the bios and if you can checking it in another machine. Its more likely the pcie lane bit the dust than the card dying without a build up of coil whine, random blue screens, stutters, artefacts... you get the point.
    Personal rig:
    • i5-3570k (4.2ghz) || CM hyper 212 evo || Asrock extreme 4 || Corsair (2 x 4gb 1600mhz) ram
    • Samsung 840 (120gb) || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb
    • Powercolor 7870xt || Silverstone strider 500w ||NZXT source 210

Quote Originally Posted by Gifford View Post
    Hello, my computer randomly changed resolution to a lower non HD one, I then tried to put it back up but the normal resolution I use but was not there. After this tried to play WoW and it said there was no graphics card. So im guessing that my card broke.

Im looking to get a new card (GeForce GT 640 Graphics Card) and I was wondering if it would fit in my PC (Acer Predator G5900)and if my PC has the right sockets for it and power source please, please, please help! thanks

Also if not could you recommend a card that would work

Here are links to my PC and the card.
    PC: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/deskt...specifications
    Card: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nvidia-GeFor...eywords=nvidia
    Sounds like your graphics drive isn't installed. If i'm correct this pc came with a 1GB ATI Radeon HD 5850 gpu? If so then you'll need to go amd.com and download the right driver based on your OS. And if you do plan on upgrading your video card I recommend a nvidia card if you play wow. Any card with a pci express x16 connector will fit.