Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Macro for the new Deterrence?

So, looking at the new Deterrence on the PTR. Since you can "waste" uptime of a charge by pressing deterrence while you already have it up and considering how I play(slam the key a couple of times fast to make sure its definitely up), this is going to be a problem.

My thinking is, maybe one can write a macro that casts Deterrence only if you dont have deterrence already up. Is this possible?

gota Split your old macro in 2, simple as that you just gained a keybind, just place that new keybind where readiness were and you are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    gota Split your old macro in 2, simple as that you just gained a keybind, just place that new keybind where readiness were and you are fine.
    Simple as that if you have no clue what the poster is asking for it's best to just keep your mouth shut.

You could try:
    /cast !Deterrence
    No clue how it will work now that it has charges. Not even sure if that will keep it from using all the charges as you spam the key.
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2013-07-22 at 01:01 AM.

If what Xeraxis posted is ineffective, I think you could do something like:

/castsequence reset=5 Deterrence, null

And it will cast deterrence, look for "null" (which is nothing) and fail on every following keypress until you stop hitting it and the reset timer expires (which could be smaller). Can't say 100% for sure if it will work, though. If it's possible for it to hit "null" and get past it, it will go right back to deterrence, in which case you could add like 15x more "null"s, but I don't remember exactly how castsequence handles nulls. But I'm pretty sure the sequence would get stuck there until it reset.
    Last edited by Spiralphoenix; 2013-07-22 at 01:10 AM.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackiz View Post
    So, looking at the new Deterrence on the PTR. Since you can "waste" uptime of a charge by pressing deterrence while you already have it up and considering how I play(slam the key a couple of times fast to make sure its definitely up), this is going to be a problem.

My thinking is, maybe one can write a macro that casts Deterrence only if you dont have deterrence already up. Is this possible?
    WoW already has spam protection active (for a very long time) I doubt it will be any different for deterrence. Unless I missed something I also doubt you will be able to cast deterrence while the buff is active.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    WoW already has spam protection active (for a very long time) I doubt it will be any different for deterrence. Unless I missed something I also doubt you will be able to cast deterrence while the buff is active.
    I have tried it on the PTR, it will use both charges immediately if you spam the key.

@Xeraxis and Spiralphoenix, I will try that out when I get home. Will report back when I know more.

A spam protection was already announced for Deterrence, Deterrence has a 0.8 sec CD when you use up 1 charge and still got 1 charge remaining.

Sooo. My macro activates Deterrence on press one and deactivates it on press 2. I pretty much require that functionality but I have no idea if that is possible with the 2 charge system.

I really don't want to have to keybind something new JUST to cancel the spell effect.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

This works fine.

/cast !Deterrence
    This doesn't work.

Cheers.

10+ Year Old Account
    No need they already placed a 0.8 sec safety cd there.
    If your reaction time is slower than that you have bigger issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    A spam protection was already announced for Deterrence, Deterrence has a 0.8 sec CD when you use up 1 charge and still got 1 charge remaining.
    Without seeing for myself, I was about to say that it probably was going to be the case.

@all talking about the spam protection: If that is true, then great, that will be even better then some bandaid macro to fix the situation.

The reality is however, there is no such thing on the PTR atm. I not only prepare for coming tiers by reading on the forums and patch-notes, I actually go and try things out aswell.

PS. Fun fact: atm on the PTR, if you use the 2nd charge before the 1st charge cd is done, that 2 charge cd wont start counting down until the first cd is finished.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Sooo. My macro activates Deterrence on press one and deactivates it on press 2. I pretty much require that functionality but I have no idea if that is possible with the 2 charge system.

I really don't want to have to keybind something new JUST to cancel the spell effect.
    You can macro it into your main shot and/or Arcane Shot. Just don't mash them till you want to remove the effect.

Deterrence has a 0.8 second cooldown to stop both charges from being used by spamming it. If you're spamming it for over a GCD then you've got bigger problems to worry about.

Deleted
    I think the spam protection should be adjustable. Few times it has failed. Worst example would be Det macro which i used on Ultraxion. Accidentally two very fast button pushes, Det up and Det down, massive blast to my naked hunter ass.. Oops

That can happen when reaction times are about 0,2sec average and Spam prot doesn't work.

15+ Year Old Account
    This works fine.

/cast !Deterrence
    This doesn't work.

Cheers.
    Ofcourse /cast !Deterrence wouldn't work. That makes you able to cast it while it is casting. Think spells that has channeling. If you use Eagle Eye for example you can chain cast it with /cast !Eagle Eye because it lets to place a new Eagle Eye while in the previous one

As for the castsequence, does that really work? Doesn't it just switch between them if you press thrice? As in Deterrence then Null then back to Deterrence? Or will will it just error on third try before 5 seconds is up?

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post

FYI, your current implementation is dangerous, which is why many top hunters advise against having /cancelaura deterrence in the same macro as /cast deterrence. You should have a separate bind for /cancelaura deterrence, but that doesn't mean that that bind has to be limited to canceling deterrence. Here is my cancel aura macro:

/cancelaura deterrence
    /cancelaura Hand of Protection
    /cancelaura levitate
    /cancelaura misdirection
    /cancelaura goblin glider
    /cast heart of the phoenix
    /mountspecial
    /dismount
    /script VehicleExit();

Sources for top hunters indicating that having a discrete bind for cancel aura deterrence is optimal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEqRZR3LQYE&t=10m27s

http://www.icy-veins.com/survival-hu...-macros-addons

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    As for the castsequence, does that really work? Doesn't it just switch between them if you press thrice? As in Deterrence then Null then back to Deterrence? Or will will it just error on third try before 5 seconds is up?
    It locks out the button for the set period on the second press and forward(resetting the timer each press) and wont work until the timer is up. Its works fine as a bandaid. When/if that magical spam protection that ppl are talking about, which doesn't exist atm, comes in the game, that will probably be the best way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    You can macro it into your main shot and/or Arcane Shot. Just don't mash them till you want to remove the effect.
    PERFECT. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Cutsman View Post
    FYI, your current implementation is dangerous, which is why many top hunters advise against having /cancelaura deterrence in the same macro as /cast deterrence.
    Well, NoGoal's suggestion fixes that as well but I have to say that my single-button activation and canceling has literally never caused a problem and my macro has been that way for an eternity. It's a button way off near the bottom on one side of my mouse anyways so its not something I can really just activate or cancel on accident. Or spam and eff up.
    Last edited by PuppetShowJustice; 2013-07-23 at 12:50 AM.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

PS. Fun fact: atm on the PTR, if you use the 2nd charge before the 1st charge cd is done, that 2 charge cd wont start counting down until the first cd is finished.
    That is how all charge abilities have worked since they were introduced at the start of MoP, so it isn't in the least bit surprising. Don't get your hopes up that this is limited to the PTR, because that iks how the system in general works on live.