Thread: QQ Mage Racials

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

QQ Mage Racials

Why is the troll racial way better than any other horde racial for mages?

I love the Undead race, but feel I must go troll to get better results..

Where is the balance T_T?

Edit : PVE

Quote Originally Posted by Tuch View Post

They only really contribute like 2% more dps with in truth is like having to wait too long to blow a CD or a boss mechanic being poorly timed. They don't really change them that much. That and...

Hey brudda why you godda be haeten on dem trolls mon?
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Berserking lines up with our cooldowns, and extra damage to beasts has meant Trolls have been amazing in this tier. It's really not a gamebreaker though - play the race you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Juddalenko View Post
    Berserking lines up with our cooldowns, and extra damage to beasts has meant Trolls have been amazing in this tier. It's really not a gamebreaker though - play the race you want.
    Berserking and 5% more damage on beasts. I'd say that's pretty gamebreaking in comparison.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Troll racial is definitely an outlier and Blizzard refuses to fix it due to microtransaction revenue, no surprise that it suddenly got a lot harder to recruit good min/maxing dps this tier on Alliance side because they went Horde or want to stay Horde. GC's touched upon it but makes it sound like his hands are tied. For the record, I thought Gnome for Arcane last expansion was in outlier range too. At most the racials should be < 1% apart from each other but it's definitely stupid OP for Fire, and add 5% more for beast bosses. Not exactly hard to macro it into Alter Time to make full use out of it to get those extra ticks. Even during beta I saw that Troll racial simming significantly above racials and suggested they bring it in line. =(

Your QQ is definitely justified good sir. I don't feel like there's much worth QQing about in this game, but racial imbalance is one of them. They should either scrap them in raids, let us pick from a racial bank, or bring them in line.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2013-07-22 at 05:13 AM.

Deleted
    20% haste on Mage Armored trinketed combustion pretty much says it all though. Nothing else you can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    unless you're in top hc guild fighting for top places in progres race, it dosnt even matter, play whatever you like.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Your QQ is definitely justified good sir. I don't feel like there's much worth QQing about in this game, but racial imbalance is one of them. They should either scrap them in raids, let us pick from a racial bank, or bring them in line.
    They need to scrap them entirely, there's nothing beneficial about racials at all. Some are clearly better in PvP (Human, Orc, Undead, for example) and some are clearly better in PvE (Troll, but also Night Elf for tanks, etc.) and that really shouldn't be the case.

If they want races to have different things then just give every race a different profession to be good at like they have, then do something like the 10% rep for Humans, maybe like 5% more experience, 5% more honor, stuff like that. Has no impact on anything other than farm time, but 5% is such a little amount it hardly matters. Would make the game significantly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    unless you're in top hc guild fighting for top places in progres race, it dosnt even matter, play whatever you like.
    Or if you plan on ranking well on WoL. Even those of us who aren't top of the top like to min max as much as possible to fight for server firsts, rankings etc, basically if you have a competitive mindset to your raiding, you WILL play troll as horde and panda/worgen as alliance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juddalenko View Post
    Agree with this guy.

You don't HAVE to be Troll for better results. It surely can but skill and proper execution of fights will generally lead to best results. Just play what you want unless you're a super min/maxer and trying to compete for top WoLs.

Quote Originally Posted by aycheff View Post
    You don't HAVE to be Troll for better results. It surely can but skill and proper execution of fights will generally lead to best results. Just play what you want unless you're a super min/maxer and trying to compete for top WoLs.
    But the issue is while better play will for the most part make up for any dps, ut doesn't matter what level you play at, you will always do better as a troll, there is a huge racial imabalance, and pretty much any player that plans on stepping into heroics will likely want to take free damage

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, trolls are the best race and will give you the highest dps possible if you are mage. But it requires perfect circumstances. In the real world you'll probably never really notice any real difference between the different races, since just plain old fashioned RNG will have a larger impact on your dps than the different racial abilities.
    Last edited by zephid; 2013-07-22 at 03:41 PM.

It's not exactly super difficult though. All you do is macro it into Alter Time, and viola, extra ticks. Macro it in and for all intents and purposes it's something you never have to think about. Every other racial I'm cool with, but troll is definitely an outlier for Fire Mages with Berserking + Beastslaying. Making all those bosses in ToT beasts this tier felt like one big cash grab, and it worked for the most part. The next step would be to give Dwarves something amazing in T16 so they have to come back, lol. Wouldn't mind playing a Dwarf Mage, personally.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2013-07-22 at 08:43 PM.

The extra damage to beasts is more of a luck of the draw than something you can game on. When was the last time we had so many of the bosses in a raid be beasts?

Maybe for mages the haste is that awesome. I play a fury warrior and it's donkey balls compared to worgen and their extra crit. Anyway I'd take the extra rage I get from being a BE. Hell shouldn't you be complaining that arcane mages who play BE? Extra damage to beasts outstanding.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    only
    Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    2%
    This two quotes shouldnt be in one sentence, unless you are playing in 1\13 guild.

I agree with OP, I feel like I must reroll to troll to increase my dps, but I like my BE so much ;'-(

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aycheff View Post
    Complete bullshit. You HAVE to be troll to get better results. Gear and talent issues =\= skill. Berserking will give you extra dps does not matter of your skill. If you are poor skilled you do 100k dps, but 105 with Berserking. If you are skilled one you do 200k dps, but 210k with Berserking.

Deleted
    I've always said playing a race you like, and a spec you enjoy is a DPS increase in itself. Not sure if it's just me but I feel I perform a lot better doing something I consider fun and playing a race that looks awesome, whether it be cosmetic or the animations.

Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    This two quotes shouldnt be in one sentence, unless you are playing in 1\13 guild.

I agree with OP, I feel like I must reroll to troll to increase my dps, but I like my BE so much ;'-(

- - - Updated - - -

Complete bullshit. You HAVE to be troll to get better results. Gear and talent issues =\= skill. Berserking will give you extra dps does not matter of your skill. If you are poor skilled you do 100k dps, but 105 with Berserking. If you are skilled one you do 200k dps, but 210k with Berserking.
    also, if he JUST NOW feels like he has to reroll, it does not matter anymore. he's just QQing with the pack. the train is already gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    They need to scrap them entirely, there's nothing beneficial about racials at all. Some are clearly better in PvP (Human, Orc, Undead, for example) and some are clearly better in PvE (Troll, but also Night Elf for tanks, etc.) and that really shouldn't be the case.

If they want races to have different things then just give every race a different profession to be good at like they have, then do something like the 10% rep for Humans, maybe like 5% more experience, 5% more honor, stuff like that. Has no impact on anything other than farm time, but 5% is such a little amount it hardly matters. Would make the game significantly better.
    I disagree on scrapping them entirely, since they have a RP aspect that players might hate to lose.
    I do agree however that they need to think of racials that do not distort class/race balance.
    Berserking, how awesome it is, is not fair to a lot of other classes. (I can hear the whiners coming : "then you had to roll another race", but you get my point hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post

That'd be absolutly horrible tbh. I like racials alot, I don't pick races based on them but they're a cool extra. Removing passive bonuses like +5% damage to beasts would be fine by me and most other people though (I assume). They could nerf the racials so they don't give a big amount of haste/AP/SP ofcourse, but we'd have the hunter pet debacle all over again, aslong as one pet/racial does 0.1% damage more that'll be the way people roll.