Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New trademark from Blizzard. (Not WoW related. Don't get excited.)

Word Mark CUTE BUT DEADLY
    Goods and Services IC 016. US 002 005 022 023 029 037 038 050. G & S: Printed matter, namely, paper goods, comic books, trading cards, milk bottle caps, coloring books, adhesive stickers, rub-on transfers, notebooks, stationery-type portfolios, paper kits; and paper crafts which are cut-out and then folded to create a final 3 dimensional object, posters, art books, guide books, pop-up books, calendars, pencil cases, novelty books
    IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Clothing, namely, pajamas, hats, sweatshirts, t-shirts, shirts, shoes, jackets, shorts, socks, and sweaters

IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: Toys and games, namely, action figures, collectible figures, vinyl figures, capsule toys, statues, plush dolls, plush toys, board games

Standard Characters Claimed
    Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
    Serial Number 86013206
    Filing Date July 17, 2013
    Current Basis 1B
    Original Filing Basis 1B
    Owner (APPLICANT) Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 16215 Alton Parkway Irvine CALIFORNIA 92618
    Attorney of Record Rod A. Rigole
    Type of Mark TRADEMARK
    Register PRINCIPAL
    Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Just thought I would Post this here to possibly get some ideas of what they might be making. Its a trademark for something called Cute But Deadly. The Goods and Services listed have things like Milk Bottle Caps listed, so Im really at a loss.

World of Warcraft: CUTE BUT DEADLY

Fuck yeah dude. 5th expac!

15+ Year Old Account
    Whoa... maybe those guys saying Blizzard aims at children were right?

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    [...] to create a final 3 dimensional object
    It's obviously Half-Life 3.

Sounds like a pokemon-related something-or-other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Expanions packs new race/class combo is gnome druids. Furry gnomes running around battling the burning legion!
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

10+ Year Old Account
    They should trademark 'over thinking' to mess with us all one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    They should trademark 'over thinking' to mess with us all one day.
    I would love that. I want them to just start trademarking everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard coloring books?

Hells yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    I would love that. I want them to just start trademarking everything.
    They should trademark "the burning legion," "the south seas," and "the emerald dream" all in one day.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

my panda is cute but deadly /growl! :3

15+ Year Old Account
    So we get to ride pink unicorns and poop rainbows in the next expansion. Yaay!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Yes, it's getting pretty obvious that they are trying to heavily target a younger market, probably because currently +80% of their playerbase is older than 20.

It already was slightly obvious with how they presented Mists of Pandaria, but now with the coloring, children's books and all the other stuff... it seems they for some reason are trying to draw in a younger crowd starting at age 6 and up... How is this going to translate into WoW though?

I can't see 6 year olds coming to play WoW unless they make the game F2P or something. (Also explains why they've been so draconic with 'inappropriate' character names lately).
    Or, and this is a long shot, maybe if 80% of the playerbase is older than 20 that would mean a fair amount of them have kids, and having your kid be interested in something you're interested in is a pretty good idea for a parent, be it video games, sports, cars, or just about anything else. So if you're into WoW or the Warcraft lore or something, buying a WoW coloring book for you kid is a pretty good idea really.

Plus, for Blizzard, if those kids enjoy it when they're 13+ years old they can get started playing Blizzard games, planning for the future is always wise.

That being said, it's just a shot in the dark and they probably didn't put that much thought into it. But it makes sense and I'm sticking with that idea.

Come on guys, you can read way too much into this and get all mad for no reason. I believe in you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    They should trademark "the burning legion," "the south seas," and "the emerald dream" all in one day.
    Or like "World of Warcraft: Invasion of the Zerg".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    They should trademark rich but douchy or subfees but p2w

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    World of Warcraft: CUTE BUT DEADLY

Fuck yeah dude. 5th expac!
    God, i had such a good laugh at this my colleagues tought i went nuts. Thanks for making my day
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Or, and this is a long shot, maybe if 80% of the playerbase is older than 20 that would mean a fair amount of them have kids, and having your kid be interested in something you're interested in is a pretty good idea for a parent, be it video games, sports, cars, or just about anything else. So if you're into WoW or the Warcraft lore or something, buying a WoW coloring book for you kid is a pretty good idea really.

Plus, for Blizzard, if those kids enjoy it when they're 13+ years old they can get started playing Blizzard games, planning for the future is always wise.

That being said, it's just a shot in the dark and they probably didn't put that much thought into it. But it makes sense and I'm sticking with that idea.
    Woah. Wait a minute. Did you just say something logical on MMO-champion? I'm gonna need you to log off and reevaluate a few things before posting again.

Reminds me of the stuff WildStar released recently.

Doubt it's related, but interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Second star to the right, and straight on till morning
    Holy image sizing Batman. May want to fix that.

OT: It could be any number of things. Even if it is Warcraft related, it may be a younger kids plush/creature line specifically designed to eventually draw them to WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cute and Deadly could be a veiled reference to a stuffed toy line. or Blizzard pet accessories?
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Second star to the right, and straight on till morning
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Cute and Deadly could be a veiled reference to a stuffed toy line. or Blizzard pet accessories?
    Exactly what I was thinking. The TM paperwork doesn't mention games/characters specifically, so my first guess was stuffed Pandaren and Murlocs and what have you targeted towards a younger crowd.