Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Did you read it?
    As far as links to articles go, i don't think you will find many posters that will bother to open a link and read anything that is called an "article".

Honestly i have not even opened it, but wrote a "generic" response to this topic/debate that has existed since before Sega Mega Drive console.

Don't be agitated with people posting things unrelated to the article, it is to be expected on a forum as wide and as big as this.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    In other words you just read the title and then went on to post an uniformed opinion.
    Just like they did
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Im not even gonna bother, you are obviously just trying to start a internet fight
    Oohohohoh yeah, but I'm still right. And I'm not sure what you were doing, but if you want your retarded elephant in the room back , you can have him. BECAUSE HE'S IN THE WRONG ROOM

Just like they did

"But they did it tooooo mommeeey".

Classification: Sheep; Lot's of BEEEEHHHH, follows the crowd, doesn't know why.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-07-27 at 02:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like they did
    Hardly, there is a lot of biased and retarded bullshit in that article but the underlying message is not that people can not have fun while playing badly, its more about using it as an excuse for a players own shortcomings instead of simply being honest about it and say that they do not give a shit about if their team loses or wins or if they get camped by the other team.

Hardly, there is a lot of biased and retarded bullshit in that article but the underlying message is not that people can not have fun while playing badly, its more about using it as an excuse for a players own shortcomings instead of simply being honest about it and say that they do not give a shit about if their team loses or wins or if they get camped by the other team.
    EXACTLY!

Now im gonna leave this thread before i see vespian's next post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

EXACTLY!

But I enjoy having conversations with people that have absolutely no clue. Why take that away from me. I just play for fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    EXACTLY!

You could gain a great deal by actually reading what is posted instead of underlining 10-15% of the post and ignoring the rest.

You could gain a great deal by actually reading what is posted instead of underlining 10-15% of the post and ignoring the rest.
    Scrap that, not worth the infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Shamanic and i am the exact opposite, everything the dude says in his article, is the same i say every day after any game of Dota/HoN/LoL/Smite.

If you are playing to have fun, how can you have fun being so horrible at the game, repeatedly, i know the only fun i get out of most games is afking and watching the horribads trying to play and failing miserably even at the basics.

And this doesnt apply only at MOBA's i heard those words at WoW also, apparently enchanting and socketing isnt "fun".

I havent played LoL ranked for the same reason, i probably have like 20 ranked games in LoL ever since it came out simply because players are horrible, my last ranked game i had 15-0 in 14 mins with Nasus at solo top and i lost the game because simply the rest of my team is horrible players that give the excuse "I play to have fun", what are you? 2 years old that gets happy at watching a flashy screen and you have fun?

Everyone plays to have fun, people need to stop using the excuse as the article is saying for when they are bad, not all games are for everyone, DONT PLAY THEM IF YOU CANT.
    Are you saying you have fun while you're enchanting items and socketing gems?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    I have fun while optimising my character yes, playing with stat weights and gearing to get the most results out of what i have, can imagine that being boring to people though.

Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    Seriously, questions like these are just asking for arguments.

No i am not having fun enchanting and socketing, i am having fun making sure my character is as decent as possible with whatever access i have in the game which the case for me since i cant stand the game anymore and randomly Sub to play for a month on two LFR gear is the only way to go..but i am not thinking "Oh its only LFR gear, LOL ENCHANTS AND GEMS, I PLAY FOR FUN", since i dont raid anymore for the last few years cause the only type of raidmates i could stand to raid with, would be the hardcore 15 hours per day progress race guilds, which is something i simply dont want/cant do anymore aka raiding so much, i dont raid at all instead of angering myself in some other type of mediocre guild with people that cant move out of effects on the ground.

I am simply stating how abuseable the words "I play for fun" as an excuse any sort of horrible playing/playstyle that even reaches into WoW, the same way you randomly see Rogue/Feral with Intelligence leather, or Warrior/Retri/DK with Intelligence plate running around with a mix of stamina/intelligence/parry gems in their gear, then you inspect, alright seems like a new player, lets help and explain.."I ONLY PLAY FOR FUN, NO LIFER NOOB F-OFF!"is their answer usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    I consider it rude to say, "it's only a game".
    I don't, because that's what it is.

Don't get me wrong, I loathe people who play ranked and don't bother trying at all. However if I'm playing ARAM/Dom/normals? Yeah, it's frustrating but it's not ranked and it really is just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't, because that's what it is.

Don't get me wrong, I loathe people who play ranked and don't bother trying at all. However if I'm playing ARAM/Dom/normals? Yeah, it's frustrating but it's not ranked and it really is just a game.
    But are you also out there trying to convince others that it's just a game, or do you have it as a MINDSET, rather than an expression during the game?

And Edge, did you mutilate your name?

I get what some people are saying in this thread. When I play tennis, if I and my partner aren't good enough, it isn't very fun because we just chase balls all day instead of actually playing. I think there is a limit to that though.

Last year a friend and I got Starcraft 2. Neither of us had ever played a game like that before. The first day we decided to play a 2v2 match. We tried our best but got completely stomped. One of the guys on the other team started ranting at us telling us that we should uninstall the game, go kill ourselves, and that we had wasted an hour of their time. We figured the game would match us up with someone similarly skilled as us...guess not.

Also, many gamers nowadays seem to expect everyone else to play perfectly and if they don't they throw a tantrum. However, when they make a mistake themselves they are like, "Hehe, laugh with me. Did you see that silly mistake I just made." It makes for a pretty hostile environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I get what some people are saying in this thread. When I play tennis, if I and my partner aren't good enough, it isn't very fun because we just chase balls all day instead of actually playing. I think there is a limit to that though.

Last year a friend and I got Starcraft 2. Neither of us had ever played a game like that before. The first day we decided to play a 2v2 match. We tried our best but got completely stomped. One of the guys on the other team started ranting at us telling us that we should uninstall the game, go kill ourselves, and that we had wasted an hour of their time. We figured the game would match us up with someone similarly skilled as us...guess not.

Also, many gamers nowadays seem to expect everyone else to play perfectly and if they don't they throw a tantrum. However, when they make a mistake themselves they are like, "Hehe, laugh with me. Did you see that silly mistake I just made." It makes for a pretty hostile environment.
    That is also definitely another existing side of competitive gaming and equally ugly, but tbh, the article isn't really about people that do their best, it talks about people that refuse to do their best and shroud themselves in phrases such as "It's just a game", "I'm just playing for fun", while those people are just using those phrases to excuses themselves (not even be sxcused by, but excuse themselves) for not just playing badly, but playing badly and being alright with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    -snip-
    Classification: Sheep; Lot's of BEEEEHHHH, follows the crowd, doesn't know why.
    You know what I find?

That those who call others "sheep" seem to be the ones that sound and act the most alike both on-forums and in real life. Angry at others and say the exact same thing to prop themselves up to make themselves fell a little less pathetic. That people who say that usually have the most static, stale, unimaginative and uniform line of thinking just like everybody else who says the same thing. Rather ironic, really...

Just letting you know. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    You know what I find?

That those who call others "sheep" seem to be the ones that sound and act the most alike both on-forums and in real life. Angry at others and say the exact same thing to prop themselves up to make themselves fell a little less pathetic. That people who say that usually have the most static, stale, unimaginative and uniform line of thinking just like everybody else who says the same thing. Rather ironic, really...

Just letting you know. ^_^
    I absolutely agree, that's why I only use it when it's valid. And you might want to read further back if you missed the definite, positive, validity of it.

Late Edit:
    I also have to wonder what pseudo psychology makes you get that out of your brain. If anything, I try to kick shins whenever I can, as long as it follows the facts.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-07-27 at 06:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    I consider it rude to say, "it's only a game".
    And I consider it rude when one is insulting people and saying *YOU SUCK, YOU FING BADDIE111111*. I mean it's not good sportsmanship and it doesn't promote teamwork, it promotes animosity and rudeness.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2013-07-27 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Clarification.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    And I consider it rude when you're insulting people and saying *YOU SUCK, YOU FING BADDIE111111*. I mean it's not good sportsmanship and it doesn't promote teamwork, it promotes animosity and rudeness.
    Yeah, noone likes baseless and pointless insults. Is that what this thread or the article is about, no, so stay on-topic.

There's been a few too many brushes with personal attacks and trolling in this thread. Closing it down as discussion really hasn't gone anywhere in the past few pages.