Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Are there no rebels in WoW lore?

What i mean is if you're born a human, you're automatically with the alliance, but it's hard to believe theres not a human, dwarf, night elf, etc that favors the horde side more or vice versa, a horde race thats more loyal to the alliance. So are there no 'rebels' in WoW lore? Did they not have a choice? Born a Tauren, always a horde?

not really talking about independent affiliations (hostile to both alliance & horde)
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2013-07-22 at 08:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As far as joining the opposite faction, it wouldn't be possible. They wouldn't accept each other.

However, there are plenty of factions like the Defias Brotherhood and the Scarlet Crusade who are not a part of their races largest faction.

The defias brotherhood says just cause you are human doesnt mean you are with the king and the alliance and the grimtotem tribe prove that just cause you are a tauren you are not automatically a horde

There are so many renegades, Mercenaries etc in wow lore

Hell isnt there a goblin in SI:7
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2013-07-22 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    What i mean is if you're born a human, you're automatically with the alliance, but it's hard to believe theres not a human, dwarf, night elf, etc that favors the horde side more or vice versa, a horde race thats more loyal to the alliance. So are there no 'rebels' in WoW lore? Did they not have a choice? Born a Tauren, always a horde?
    There's Grimtotems and Twilights Hammer?
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

Quote Originally Posted by Bitehattori View Post
    There's Grimtotems and Twilights Hammer?
    arent they both independent? You dont see grimtotems only in favor of alliance.

sounds like most mentioned are independent (theyre hostile to borth horde and alliance)

Deleted
    We've got more then enough rebells, but no one joins horde / alliance from the other side, the conflict runs to deep to accept someone from another faction.

Not even once in the known lore, someone changed between these two.

Out of horde and alliance? sure.

As far as iconix rebels go, Thrall probably is the best known. You know rebelling against the humans because of internment.

You know, thinking about it, I'm pretty surprised there haven't been any genuine defectors in lore that I can remember.

Huh.

Seems like it could be a good story, don't know why it wouldn't have been done sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    We've got more then enough rebells, but no one joins horde / alliance from the other side, the conflict runs to deep to accept someone from another faction.

Not even once in the known lore, someone changed between these two.

Out of horde and alliance? sure.
    Mmm, well High Elves always fought alongside the alliance, then some racist human treated KT like crap after the scourge invaded their homeland, KT joins Illidan in outland but leaves behind a bunch of High Elves (now Blood Elves) and those left behind join the horde. So the hate running deep part is kinda weird. Same with the forsaken joining the horde, technically they're humans of lordearon and not really on friendly basis with orcs. Which is why I feel those 2 races are kinda misplaced, I love the races, just not in the horde. xD

I guess they don't wanna rebel since all of their family and friends would suddenly become their enemies? It's one thing for an orc to join the Argent Crusade, but a whole other to join the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood elves and high elves
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

There are rebels. That is, humans that fight against the Alliance and orcs that fight against the Horde. However, it's unlikely that the Alliance would accept rebel orcs or that the Horde would accept rebel humans.

An interesting idea but maybe difficult to implement in game.

Deleted
    The human Kingdom of Alterac used to be allied with the Horde, until it was destroyed. However their current incarnation, the Syndicate, is hostile to both factions.

That's the only example I can think of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Blood elves and high elves
    High elves never, absolutely never joined the horde, not once.

Blood Elves did join the horde after Kael'thas went rogue and left those who didn't want to go to outland behind.
    It wasn't about them being "rebellious", the scourge absolutely destroyed them and they had virtually no other choice.

The question was about them being rebels, they are actually not... they had to join a faction after huge losses.

Deleted
    Renzik "The Shiv" is the second in command of the SI:7, and he's a Goblin.
    You could say (with a bit of salt) that Valeera Sanguinar doesn't belong to either Horde or Alliance, but through Varian she's more of an Alliance character.
    The other way I don't know, both sides have never been really friendly for the other, and there's a lot of racial prejudices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    High elves never, absolutely never joined the horde, not once.

Blood Elves did join the horde after Kael'thas went rogue and left those who didn't want to go to outland behind.
    It wasn't about them being "rebellious", the scourge absolutely destroyed them and they had virtually no other choice.

The question was about them being rebels, they are actually not... they had to join a faction after huge losses.
    High elves essentially rebelled against Blood elves and split off to become bitter enemies in the opposite faction. That's pretty much the closest thing in game to what he was asking for.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Hell isnt there a goblin in SI:7
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=6946

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post

not really talking about independent affiliations (hostile to both alliance & horde)
    Historically there was the kingdom of Alterac who betrayed the Alliance and sided with the Horde and Laughing Skull Clan of Orcs who sided with the Alliance but contemporary Warcraft lore is guilty of having races conforming to cookie cutter standards. At least as far as the faction conflict is concerned.

It actually wouldn't take much writing for Alterac humans to join the Horde (if not for the forsaken's stance on eliminating humanity and forcing them into their service under undeath) and the Laughing skull orcs to join the Alliance. Both of these groups have reasons to hate their main racial factions.
    Last edited by delus; 2013-07-22 at 09:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyl View Post
    Renzik "The Shiv" is the second in command of the SI:7, and he's a Goblin.
    You could say (with a bit of salt) that Valeera Sanguinar doesn't belong to either Horde or Alliance, but through Varian she's more of an Alliance character.
    The other way I don't know, both sides have never been really friendly for the other, and there's a lot of racial prejudices.
    Goblins never were really part of the Horde. ALL Goblins you saw as a part of the Horde in WC 2/3 were mercenaries in lore. It wasn't until the Bilgewater Cartel joined the Horde that part of the Goblins joined the Horde.

Deleted
    Did the grim totem not ally with the Alliance in Stonetalon?