Anti-spying bill being fast-tracked through US Senate.

A bill is being fast-tracked through the Senate with bipartisan support. This would require law enforcement to obtain a warrant before accessing any online communications.

Sadly, it won't affect NSA spying, but the NSA isn't an enforcement agency either at least.

Baby steps I suppose.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...Time-in-Years#

Deleted
    I'm afraid this is just a illusion and that people believe the NSA cant spy anymore, but doesn't see that the NSA isn't part of the bill. Make them think that they're free and you got the perfect slave.

Quote Originally Posted by Unomojo View Post
    I'm afraid this is just a illusion and that people believe the NSA cant spy anymore, but doesn't see that the NSA isn't part of the bill. Make them think that they're free and you got the perfect slave.
    I explicitly stated in the OP that it would not affect the NSA. But the NSA isn't an enforcement agency. It's an intelligence agency.

10+ Year Old Account
    The US government is just going to lie. And I think ( hope ) that we wont believe this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I explicitly stated in the OP that it would not affect the NSA. But the NSA isn't an enforcement agency. It's an intelligence agency.
    I know but trust me most people would think hey they're doing a good job... When in fact they're just screwing us over AGAIN. Oh a few months later . Law enforcement got information from the NSA... So wait they don't get from providers anymore by legal ways, but a backdoor action provided by NSA...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...overing-it-up/

But I'm not talking back to the OP. I'm just afraid that people will think this rule will protect them now...