Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Kerbal Space Program!

Hi all,

So after getting this game in the middle of last week. I must admit i'm hooked. Had many many failures in my space programs that i've launched and some brilliant successes!

So for some info on the game, its a space/sandbox program simulator. You can design and operate your own rockets/craft put satalites stations into orbit or around other planets land on them or just explore it.

A great little game and me and around 5 friends are smashing our way through it (I won our little "moon race and got to both the local moons around the kerbals home planet first!)

Heres a youtube video from some guy I first watched to learn how to operate my ships (really helpful for new players) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgPr4q5tj-Q

Wiki link for some more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerbal_space_program

My "mun" landing slightly disastrous as the launcher unit blew up but the pilot lived!

My much better landing on minmus.

who else is doing the game and any interesting projects/failureS?

crap failed at thumbnailing. if a mod or anyone can let me know how to re-size them that'd be cool.
    Last edited by khalltusk; 2013-07-22 at 10:39 AM.

Deleted
    Here's a post I made on the official forums on the 17th of June:

Soooo, I bought KSP 2 days ago and absolutely loving it. Here's my first adventure!

I decided to try to land on the moon! After about 200 quicksaves I even managed!

Unfortunately, all the corrections I was doing while landing used up most of my fuel. So my poor little astronaut needed to stay on the moon for a while.
    In the meantime...I wanted to rescue the little guy. However, my command pod only had space for one astronaut. I thought I would just try if I could put a command seat on my rocket to bring him back (bringing a dead body back to Kerbin is better than no body!). Unfortunately I didn't take screenshots of the travel to the moon with that rocket. Nor the meeting (I did manage to land within 700m of the flag I planted...after about 20 quicksaves of crashy goodness).

On the way back, Bob wasn't entirely sure if everything would be alright with an astronaut on top of his rocket

Turns out they're fireproof

Once I was going through the atmosphere...I realised something awful...the chair I put the astronaut in...was on the part of the rocket that would be separated from the pod, which would ruin the entire idea of the mission. So I thought...either they both make it, or no-one makes it. I was basically hoping the parachute would hold the entire rocket and slow it down enough, instead of just the pod.

Success!

Touchdown! Even though Bob still wonders if the other astronaut is still alive from the atmosphere burning or not.

It took me a while to find out how to get the astronaut of his chair...and once I did, for some reason the rocket tipped over. But here's a nice shot of the rescued and the rescuer, both traumatized by the entire experience.

That was it! Hope you liked the musings of a 2nd day player. Hope to have many more adventures!

love it. Did not know you could let your guy out during re-entry XD.

I am currently attempting to build a moon base.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post

That was it! Hope you liked the musings of a 2nd day player. Hope to have many more adventures!
    That is epic. I have all sorts of people giving me frowns for choking on my sandwich just now. Thank you for making my afternoon.

Just gonna add a couple of official trailers. They're epic!

Also, buy the game if you haven't already!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    That is epic. I have all sorts of people giving me frowns for choking on my sandwich just now. Thank you for making my afternoon.
    Haha, no worries!
    Glad you enjoyed it

Pfft, you and your tiny landers. I managed to crash into the dark side of the moon because I forgot my flashlight and there was a 1500m tall mountain that I do not see coming, so I mounted a rescue mission to get the survivors. My rescue lander is 65 tonnes - which called for some engineering and I ended up with a HMRS J.Clarkson, a rocket that weighs over 600t on the ground, and it is packed with illumination devices of course.

Loving this game.

Call men when the game is done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Which men?

OT: Just got the game last night and having a blast even though I haven't started to orbit successfully once yet.

It looks interesting and fun.

Tried to land my moon base modules on minmus last night only to get all the way there and realise I put the landing legs on too high. The thing is i corrected this issue before launch on my saved lander module but forgot to load it into the rocket design and used the old design by mistake =[

also I had a LOT of fireworks last night. My rocket designs went through many...... interesting designs

Did it land ?:P
    Mine? Still en route to the moon, going to try and set it down this evening, gets off the ground and into orbit without using one drop fuel from the lander or the central jumbo tank though, which I am taking as an accomplishment

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Mine? Still en route to the moon, going to try and set it down this evening, gets off the ground and into orbit without using one drop fuel from the lander or the central jumbo tank though, which I am taking as an accomplishment
    I think I'm going to buy this game after all. I am sort of sorry for the fact that it has no MP, because I have two friends I try to drag into any and all games I find, and visa versa, but this seems like I'll really miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Their current timeline puts that about a year and a half in the future last I heard.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I'm going to buy this game after all. I am sort of sorry for the fact that it has no MP, because I have two friends I try to drag into any and all games I find, and visa versa, but this seems like I'll really miss out.
    Due to the timewarp mechanic, MP would be impossible to implement in the current iteration of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Their current timeline puts that about a year and a half in the future last I heard.

- - - Updated - - -

Due to the timewarp mechanic, MP would be impossible to implement in the current iteration of the game.
    there is a mod for it I do believe but the devs will do MP in the future.

Currently me and my friends just play at the same time and show our pictures to each other of our adventures!

10+ Year Old Account
    i played the game ages ago when it had a free version and i sucked at it! i could barely get into space let alone land on the moon :P
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    i played the game ages ago when it had a free version and i sucked at it! i could barely get into space let alone land on the moon :P
    I recommend going to Scot Manleys videos on youtube. He explains things really well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this game even though I such at it. So far I've gotten on guy stuck next to the space center and another lost in space.

0.21 is out!