Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Dy...sMrPmbm6Nxvb-A

How to build your sterotypical multi-staged spacecraft and recover most your investment. Simply put probe cores on your stages, wait until your craft has made it out of the atmosphere, then start jettisoning stages. He also showed at the end there how to make a VAB SSTO.
    Yeah it works as a temporary fix but as he mentions it's quite a lot of effort-vs-reward when you get to the stage that your dropping numerous fuel sections before you leave the atmosphere, you'd spend the entire process just trying to land things . I think for the time being when I need something hefty moved I'll use a lift system using one big single core of fuel engines with a probe and surround it by layers of throw-away SRB's because their cheap.

Not a fan of SSTO's really, not as fun to launch and I like to build things excessively large .
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2014-07-19 at 03:28 AM.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Lightbulb Scott Manely's Attempt to Beat KSP First Contract in Two Missions!

Scott Manely is going for the record books - he endeavors to beast KSP First Contract in two missions or less.

Hang in there man!

- - - Updated - - -

And he did it! Beat First Contract in two missions!

They still need to implement the difficulty level called Scott Manley.

I love this game but I am so bad at it. Still can't figure out how to land on the moon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    I love this game but I am so bad at it. Still can't figure out how to land on the moon
    Have you been to Minmus before? Its far easier to land on Minmus first due to the low gravity and it provides practice for landings on the Mun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They still need to implement the difficulty level called Scott Manley.
    That would be managing to return from the surface of Eve without the use of mods
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-07-21 at 09:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He maxed out the normal .22/.23 science campaign in one mission, shows the difficulty if he needs two missions .
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    That would be managing to return from the surface of Eve without the use of mods
    He once managed to make a trip to the Mun using only the cockpit view. No external, no map.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Are you throwing down the gauntlet? I am pretty bored at work

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Are you throwing down the gauntlet? I am pretty bored at work
    Eve is widely regarded as the hardest planet to land on in KSP. Most players don't visit Eve until they've finished at least Jool and usually Eeloo as well. This is not because it's difficult to get there, but because of the sheer difficultly in getting back.

1. Eve's gravity is 1.6gs, which is huge, and requires 4800 m/s to escape it's system. That alone is ludicrously difficult: Every other planet and moon in KSP that you land on has lower gravity than Kerbin, while Eve's is 1.6 times that.
    2. It's atmosphere is 5 times as dense as Kerbin's. You'd think that'd help in landing, but those 1.6gs of gravity will actually pull you down faster than you would in free fall on Kerbin, even with the 5x atmosphere. That same 5x atmosphere also means 5x wind resistance, which makes just pushing through the air during the ascent outrageously difficult. Combine that with the gravity and you have yourself a nightmare.
    3. Half of Eve's surface is water, which as you well know by now - water in KSP is deadlier than landing on the ground. Additionally - much of the land is hilly, which makes finding a landing spot even more difficult.

Altogether, this makes it the absolute hardest landable body in the game to travel to and return from.

Deleted
    Just got the game in the 40% deal, now that a more solid career mode is available, and after playing the Demo. It's really great, I can't wait to make a space station!

I just bought this on impulse after watching Giant Bomb play it.

Deleted
    I love this game but I suck at it. I have 'landed' Kerbals on the Moon and making Orbits around Kerbin is not so bad now.
    My Problem is that my Mun trips are one way. I got half the kerbal population stranded on the thing. Either because they survived the crash landing somehow or because they lack fuel to get back.

I am not even going to go into details about the poor Souls, stuck orbiting around the Sun forever, due to the fact that I cannot reach anything besides Kerbin and the Mun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    I love this game but I suck at it. I have 'landed' Kerbals on the Moon and making Orbits around Kerbin is not so bad now.
    My Problem is that my Mun trips are one way. I got half the kerbal population stranded on the thing. Either because they survived the crash landing somehow or because they lack fuel to get back.

I am not even going to go into details about the poor Souls, stuck orbiting around the Sun forever, due to the fact that I cannot reach anything besides Kerbin and the Mun.
    Try going to Minmus instead. It's waaaaaay easier than the moon

Got really mixed feeling with ion thrusters. On one end everything takes forever, on the other end, damn they're effective. I can't return from anywere but Duna wuthout them
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

I'd be playing the update right now if it wasn't because of Elite.

After four, long, hard years, KSP is finally exiting early access and launching a full release!

- - - Updated - - -

For those who can't wait three days for 1.0!

10+ Year Old Account
    Four years?? It's already outdated. When's KSP2 coming out? This year?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

They need cables for skycranes