Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question Is Leveling too Fast Now as of Patch 5.3?

After recently leveling a fresh undead warlock I noticed how fast it was to level now in World of Warcraft. After researching the WoW forums along with some general internet scouring I found that a lot of people found the leveling to have gotten to a point where it is so fast that popping into a dungeon or a battleground and coming out again resulted in the skipping of entire zones and story-line content.
    Here are some advantages and disadvantages regarding the high speed of leveling:

Advantages

- You get to endgame quicker
    - You can skip zones you don't want to see or do by popping into a dungeon or doing a bit of PvP
    - Experience all aspects of the game faster (PvP, Dungeons, Raids, Talents, Abilities, Mounts, Pets...)

Disadvantages

- Outleveling zones prior to completion - immersion and lore breaker
    - Outleveling professions - hindered leveling progress due to returning to lower level zones to level professions (mainly Herbalism, Mining and Skinning)
    - A lack of time to properly use and understand newly learned abilities
    - Daunting task at level 90 to be good at your class due to the above point

Another thought of mine is that fast leveling is almost forced upon you if you want to be part of a guild: 10% XP guild perk at the low guild level of 6.

Also should there be an option to slow down leveling for those who want true immersion in the lore that is expressed as you level? At this point after researching this topic I found that quite a few players found the leveling to be too fast with no XP boosts whatsoever.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by mmoc89f13c91e1; 2013-08-06 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes it bugs me when I out level a zone and don't get a chance to complete it before quests xp are crap. Than again I'm choosing to leave the zone and not complete the story/lore there. I could always stop my xp for abit or ignore the xp all together and enjoy the lore.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the bonus xp for lvling should be optional for those who reached top lvl.
    Like a super heirloom or something. It is indeed way too fast now, so fast it's almost pointless.

Deleted
    They could just remove the experience Bonus on the Heirlooms. That way you get some awesome gear without outleveling a new zone after 5 quests.

I for one think it's a good thing that they increased the leveling speed because I hate leveling new characters, however, I do agree it hurts my completionist side because you normally outlevel a zone halfway through the quest line.

suprised by the responses so far.

In my opinion levelling at this stage (7 years in for me) can not go fast enough. I am very much looking forward if they ever add the double exp store thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is both a good and bad thing. For those that have leveled up countless alts obviously it is a good thing. For someone that just joined the game it sucks I think. They miss out on so much from out leveling zones and miss so many story lines and zones now.
    Last edited by Cantheal; 2013-07-22 at 12:51 PM.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

Deleted
    well with heritage stuff it is even more faster. I just rerolled a horde character (I always played Alliance). and I am almost 90 in like 1 weeks and a half. Level 85 was very fast even if I played mage (DPS) so I had long waiting queue for dungeon.

PVP and dungeon are the faster way to lvl up now. especially with the heritage gear, the low level litterally RUN on the content.

Starting lvl 85, it is a normal leveling way but I have not finish a zone yet in pandaria. I level faster than the zone permit. lvl 88 i just starting kunlai and will move to mantidkingdom once I hit lvl 89 (soon).

10+ Year Old Account
    na leveling is fine if you dont want to use heirlooms then don't

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Leveling was too fast the moment they added BoAs into the game in wrath.

They should have never been added to the game.

People wanted ways to boost their alts levels, okay, I get it. But items themselves was a bad idea. It should have been an account-wide buff similar to how valor capping works currently.

When they added all of these BoA items they made all dungeon/quest/pvp gear useless. All we need left are necklaces, gloves and boots, which'll probably be added in the near future.

I'd be nice to see people in a variety of items going place to place. Not the same generic look everyone has leveling.

It also detours new players from making friends leveling with people whom own BoA items, as they'll out level them, leaving them behind.

One of the current fastest times leveling 1-90 with BoAs and only questing is 1 day 19~ hours and was done on a Twitch livestream by MabusGaming as a hunter.

Yes, leveling is too fast.
    Then don't use them not exactly a hard concept.

Leveling is not a big piece of content anymore, these last 5 levels are only to get used to the changes that were brought in to the class. You can always do story content at max level and not care about your exp, that is my view.

And 1 - 85 for some people who have leveled 10's of alts is not really interesting anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Deleted
    Still too slow for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascius View Post
    Leveling is not a big piece of content anymore, these last 5 levels are only to get used to the changes that were brought in to the class. You can always do story content at max level and not care about your exp, that is my view.

And 1 - 85 for some people who have leveled 10's of alts is not really interesting anymore.
    exactly my thoughts

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling from 1-85 still feels too long for me. I can't bring myself to level any of my sub 70 alts without getting frustrated at how pointless leveling feels. I don't expect it to be fun and exciting but, as it stands currently, it's just one long, monotonous, boring time sink. Leveling feels like an antiquated relic of MMO's that I hope dies off one day.

Leveling from 85-90 feels perfect. In fact, I wish this pace existed from the beginning of the expansion. I actually want to level all of my level 85's as much as I despite leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Needs to be faster as I don't like wasting time on my alts in content that I've seen the first 7 times and don't care about.

Ever since Cata the leveling has been fast as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion 85-90 isn't fast enough, i got 3 characters stuck on level 89 and can't be bothered to do the last 15million..
    i demand another 33% exp nerf =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Level without heirlooms? Level in a guild that doesn't have the bonusses? Leveling speed is a thing you can easily adjust for yourself. It's not because Blizzard made it that way. They just give the opportunities to people that are bored of that phase because they have seen it countless times before.
    I for one love questing in Hyjal and do 80-85 just in that zone and don't move away from it for that time. If you want to finish a zone, FINISH THE ZONE. You are the player, you decide.

Deleted
    I would kill to have an option that would allow me to start leveling a character at level 80 or at least 70. I've leveled 8 chars to max level and each one seems longer than the one before even though it's actually faster.

You can still go slowmode just don't buy any heirlooms and read every questlog if you really enjoy doing it everytime you level a new character. Also if you like doing that kind of thing you can always take different paths of leveling with different characters. Or whine to Blizzard so they create a sort of anti-heirlooms where you get an xp penalty for completing quests and enjoy torturing yourselves.

Deleted
    Just levelled another Paladin to 85, 1hr 10 mins playtime :P RAF granted levels to 80, Elixir of Ancient Knowledge 80-85 within like an hour.

Levelled 4 more Paladins using RAF took about 3 days with breaks (no heirlooms either), lvl 90 boosting through instances.

If RAF ever extended to 80-85 then you'd ding within no time with that elixir and the store buff, lol.