Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    If you are having trouble with disc/hunter you should play with something that can help you with traps and something that can dispel.
    I would say the best you can play with is an enhancement shaman:
    - offensive dispel.
    - insane burst (i mean insane).
    - insane CC with you (hybernate, cyc, symb solar beam, hex, disorient, totem stun, roots).
    - grounding to absorb traps.
    - tremor to remove fear.
    - nice off heals.
    Hard finding an enhancement shaman that's actually good but I know where you're coming from. What you said is the reason I'm going Rdruid/Warrior again anyway. Intervene for eating traps is sick. + rdruid/warr has a strong, quite long CC chain but still, nothing compared to the Disc/Hunter CC chain and the fact that you can CC somebody the whole game if their partner doesn't stop you. (literally the whole game).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I doubt you know anything. 3k rating isn't even attainable in this season, rets are also trash in 2s.
    And i doubt you know anything about sarcasm you pimp.
    I know 3k aint possible in 2s. But it was so he knew, that pala's wreck. And rets are trash in 2s? I doubt you know anything about arena at all. They got a hella high burst, simple as.

Just so the clueless are aware, Ret's are pretty sick in 2s. Either Ret/Hunter or Ret/Disc is viable past 2k.

the amount of cc and healing rets do is absurd, especially considering their damage isn't nominal and their utility is rather high.

Now that I am thinking of it, can't you use the treants to eat the trap for you? That would be mad skill =O

15+ Year Old Account
    Ret / Rogue is also a very good 2's comp.

Ret / Shadow is Shadow's best 2's comp (but Shadow isn't very good for 2's).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Now that I am thinking of it, can't you use the treants to eat the trap for you? That would be mad skill =O
    That'd mean giving up Treeform, I'm not sure it's worth it unless we perfect our cc chain and score a kill in the first 2 minutes.

Deleted
    Playing 2v2 this season is like this:

There are 4 types of teams;

1 Rock
    2 Paper
    3 Scissors
    4 Disc/x

Disc/x beats all of the above.

Deal with it, the next season disc will be even more retarded.

Blizzard fails hard at balancing pvp...

Unless the disc priest has no idea on how to play his class, the team with the failure disc priest is beatable.

Kinda sad how they barely touched disc priests, every1 knows they are #1 heals for pvp AND pve.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    the amount of cc and healing rets do is absurd, especially considering their damage isn't nominal and their utility is rather high.
    don't listen to this guy, he can't even break 1700 in 2s as dk/priest.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Playing 2v2 this season is like this:

There are 4 types of teams;

1 Rock
    2 Paper
    3 Scissors
    4 Disc/x

Disc/x beats all of the above.

Deal with it, the next season disc will be even more retarded.

Blizzard fails hard at balancing pvp...
    Disc isn't the problem so saying disc/x beats everything isn't correct. My issue isn't Disc/Hunter damage either, it's scatter > trap > fear > silence > mc > mc > trap placed > mc onto trap > fear etc. and before you say it, my warrior always tries to eat traps but rng gods are always in favor of the hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    The cc part i don't believe because almost everybody has a FIST OF FAIL JUSTICE. But other than that, my enhancement shammy (full tyrannical) received a straight forward 110k TV when the ret hasn't popped wings YET, and i didn't have shamanistic rage up yet, so i am kinda scared of rets now.

Oh, and rets do also have crazy heals, everybody FOCUS THE RET, they bubble and then they're screwed.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2013-07-22 at 07:50 PM.

Try feral/hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Rets can be viable in 2s if you're using the t15 4 set, otherwise, combined with a healer you won't be able to beat a proper healer/dps team.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral/Hunter and Ret/Hunter are godly strong if played properly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    I've played the following comps

Rdruid/Warr
    Rdruid/DK
    Rdruid/Hunter
    Rdruid/Rogue
    Rsham/DK

And we beat EVERYTHING but when we hit 1900mmr, we get more disc/hunter than anything else so it outweighs the rating changes and keeps us stuck at 1900. We can beat 1800 disc/hunter, just not 1900 disc/hunter :| they seem to play much more effectively. Tips apart from rerolling? Any unknown godly comps out there that can beat it? I've honestly been considering Rdruid/Feral or Hpala/Boomkin.

edit: me and the warrior are trying again soon, we've been close to beating these god tier hunter/disc teams so we'll gonna have another go. We also met Archpriest & Lyriat who are rank 3 on our 2s ladder atm, they crushed us as Disc/Hunter so we know we're not getting above 2.3k :d
    Rdruid/DK is more a godcomp than hunter/priest is, you should beat hunter/priest as rdruid/DK 9 out of 10 games.

Deleted
    2k is easy as any comp.
    + Rdruid is actually really good, but ofcourse you need to know how to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Qonic View Post
    2k is easy as any comp.
    + Rdruid is actually really good, but ofcourse you need to know how to play.
    Implying I don't. You see, when people say this kind of shit, they never take into account that there's another player on the team but whatever. And I can play.

I was messing around on my undergeared ww monk with my buddies resto druid alt and we broke 2k pretty easy. We also play disc hunter, so being familiar with the comp helps when you go against that alot. WW monks can eat most of the traps if played properly and can lock down the hunter with preassure, disarms, stuns, etc making it harder for them to cc you the way that they'd like.

We're not that high past 2k or anything but it's a comp I noticed you haven't listed.

I play on Bloodlust so hitting 2K is a bit harder than on other battle groups. This seasons 2s has gone like this for me:

Play MW/DK(me) both in full tyrannical gear - hit 1800, do 100 games and get stuck around the 1800-1900 range being stomped by 2K+ Disc/BM teams or Disc/Mage.
    Play Disc/DK(me) both in full tyranical gear - hit 1950, do around 25 games in the 1950-2K mark range being stomped by 2200 Tich Disc/BM.
    Reroll and play BM Hunter (458 ilvl crafted gear)/Feral(Full tyrannical) - Hit 1850 in one day with a 19W-1L ratio.
    Reroll and play Disc (490 ilvl all pve gear)/Warr(Full tyrannical) - Hit 1950 in one day with a 23W-2L ratio.

This season is very broken - fotm classes are where its at. One of the guys on my server who is an amazing 2200+ feral rerolled hance for the lulz. Hit 2200 in all brackets in 458 crafted gear.