Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    I play on Bloodlust so hitting 2K is a bit harder than on other battle groups. This seasons 2s has gone like this for me:

    Play MW/DK(me) both in full tyrannical gear - hit 1800, do 100 games and get stuck around the 1800-1900 range being stomped by 2K+ Disc/BM teams or Disc/Mage.
    Play Disc/DK(me) both in full tyranical gear - hit 1950, do around 25 games in the 1950-2K mark range being stomped by 2200 Tich Disc/BM.
    Reroll and play BM Hunter (458 ilvl crafted gear)/Feral(Full tyrannical) - Hit 1850 in one day with a 19W-1L ratio.
    Reroll and play Disc (490 ilvl all pve gear)/Warr(Full tyrannical) - Hit 1950 in one day with a 23W-2L ratio.

    This season is very broken - fotm classes are where its at. One of the guys on my server who is an amazing 2200+ feral rerolled hance for the lulz. Hit 2200 in all brackets in 458 crafted gear.
    This guy speaks the truth. I highlighted the most important part!

  2. #42
    Since you meantioned pala + druid, I've got a friend of my his first ever 2k achievement in 4 expansions as feral + ret. It wasn't particularly difficult vs hunt teams either, since the pet is easy enough to kill and the hunter can't do shit after it's dead.

  3. #43
    I'm almost 100% certain pvp is balanced around 3v3. I wouldn't even bother pushing any sort of rating in 2v2 or 5v5.

  4. #44
    Lol, hunter/disc and hunter/ret is disgustingly OP in 2s. No way to beat them unless they suck ass major style. You won't kill anything against hunter/disc comp and you'll die before you can say NERF! against a hunter/ret comp. There is no tactics involved to take them down, they just fucking faceroll.

    Blizzard isn't balancing around 2s, so sorry about your predicament. I only do 2s for conq cap, personally.
    Last edited by Noggis; 2013-07-23 at 06:48 AM.

  5. #45
    Me and a friend hit 1875 as ret/rogue a couple of days ago. I doubt that we can get significantly higher though, since half of the teams we face are disc/hunter or disc/feral (x/feral), which we can't beat unless they make major mistakes or we have insane critluck.

    2s are literally swamped with hunters and ferals right now here on EU, it's ridiculous.

  6. #46
    I fucking hate hunters. I used to think mages and rogues are OP pieces of shit, until I met the 5.3 BM tard. Wow! Fucking unbelievable! Sooo much burst and soooo many ways to avoid damage against a melee. There is no way in hell a melee should get more than 2 hits on a hunter that is not clueless. Add to the hunter an immortal healer that NEVER goes oom and you get a freak comp that can do 2vs5 if they have to.

  7. #47
    There're few solutions:
    1. WW monk - paralysis every scatter, tiger's lust every disengage net, train hunter all day long, as soon as chance presents legsweep and two-shot pet then ride hunter even harder. With most cc denied, rdruid hots backing monk along with monks defensive cds & self healing hunter have literally zero kill potential. Also can always switch on priest on 10 teb stacks, with trinket down he'll most likely die or live on the edge by pain supressing himself, stack 10 more and he's dead. Setup is very strong against any heal+dd but definetly lacking against double dd with ramp up time monk have, still easilly capable of scoring 2K and even more so if you're quieuing into many hunt/priest.
    2. Druid/ele - nuke hunt/ ground traps/tremor fears/blow pets/ eventually string of procs or cc chain and hunt dies. Also strong against 2dd. Cons: hunter/priest can go bitch mode and pillar hump with frost trap to a draw, trying to kill MW monk who's left alone is a bitch too if he doesn't want to leave willingly.
    3. Lock/druid - destro+rdruid hardcounter hunt: too many cds to kill lock through, pet dies fast, imp dispell traps and fear into clones chain will force hunter to deter, eventually lock scores a kill. Against many other setups it's a good idea to play demo (especially 2dd) - imp swarm, grimoire of service right of the bat delievers lots of hurt and knockback makes games on dalaran (less so now) and blade edge. Cons: heal+healing hybrids are extremly hard to win against, easy to draw though.

    tldr: Unless you've great lock or ww around play with ele, my gf got 2K on her hpal playing with ele who missed windshear 4 times of 5, couldn't ground traps for shit but was finishing every wining game with random oneshot. Nearly every 2dd died in bop into auramastery, they can't even burst becouse ele does it faster and better.

    P.S. Totally forgot - if you're doing it for the sake of achieve just buy feral set, get priest and ride to 2K.
    Last edited by Nyaldee; 2013-07-23 at 08:37 AM.

  8. #48
    I've been playing 2's as rshaman/demo this and last season, and although we dont play very often due to our work schedules overlapping, we are at ~1950 atm, but it is really hard against those fricking disc/hunter teams with their uber cc.

  9. #49
    I've been playing as a rdruid on that same rating these days, with a destruction/affliction warlock. If we face a hunter/disc team, my warlock goes for the imp dispel. That way we break most of the cc chains. I'm not saying that the games are easy cos of that, just that you'll have a much better chance of winning vs that particular comp.

    I hate the fact that Blizzard decided to let go of the 2vs2 bracket, along with skirmishes. It used to be a very fun bracket...

  10. #50
    I was actually playing with a disc, a rdruid and finally a paladin at 2k as a DK and we could beat hunter/disc with all of those healers. Problem was that there is no one in our battlegroup queuing that high so we would win against 1900-2k teams and get 5-6 points after 15 minute queues and 20 minute games then randomnly lose to some ele/boomkin team that was 1800 rated and drop all the points. Healers get frustrated, and all we wanted to do was get the 2.2k achievement in 2s.

    The way games go against hunter/disc is you have to be able to survive their CC chains, then as a DK you can put out enough pressure on the disc to either kill him outright or run him OOM. I know it does not sound possible, but it is. Things you have to contend with are scatter/traps so you have to be grouped up as much as you can and eat traps for your healer, but you can't stay grouped up when the disc charges in or invises so you don't get double feared. Then you also have to save interrupts for mind control, not heals. If your healer does eat a trap it is best to pillar hump until he is out. You can line a hunter somewhat effectively depending on how things are going. You can also asphyx stun the hunter when he scatters to stop trap combos but you have to be on the ball with it. Same cooldown so once you get good at communicating it you can change your positioning to have your healer far enough away that the hunter has to run into range and telegraph his trap. Then you just wait for him to scatter and stun him. If he is quick and bestial wraths the stun it will still be long enough for your healer to run out before trap arms. It is far easier to just eat traps though. I would actually stun the hunter on every trap so I had a timer for it and then I could eat them pretty well after that.

    If it is hunter/disc you should be okay. Dks eat disc priests. Double grip for silence immune, purge for shields, getting huge necro stacks up and using pet stun etc can land you kills if you can get some unpeeled time on the priest. The hunter will go into full peel mode when you start on the priest though as the hunter will never try to kill your healer so he will always be on you. It is just not possible to kill the hunter because they will get away for some amount of time and you can't have a CC chain long enough in 2s as a dk/anything to land a kill.

    Doable, just have to play better.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    I was actually playing with a disc, a rdruid and finally a paladin at 2k as a DK and we could beat hunter/disc with all of those healers. Problem was that there is no one in our battlegroup queuing that high so we would win against 1900-2k teams and get 5-6 points after 15 minute queues and 20 minute games then randomnly lose to some ele/boomkin team that was 1800 rated and drop all the points. Healers get frustrated, and all we wanted to do was get the 2.2k achievement in 2s.

    The way games go against hunter/disc is you have to be able to survive their CC chains, then as a DK you can put out enough pressure on the disc to either kill him outright or run him OOM. I know it does not sound possible, but it is. Things you have to contend with are scatter/traps so you have to be grouped up as much as you can and eat traps for your healer, but you can't stay grouped up when the disc charges in or invises so you don't get double feared. Then you also have to save interrupts for mind control, not heals. If your healer does eat a trap it is best to pillar hump until he is out. You can line a hunter somewhat effectively depending on how things are going. You can also asphyx stun the hunter when he scatters to stop trap combos but you have to be on the ball with it. Same cooldown so once you get good at communicating it you can change your positioning to have your healer far enough away that the hunter has to run into range and telegraph his trap. Then you just wait for him to scatter and stun him. If he is quick and bestial wraths the stun it will still be long enough for your healer to run out before trap arms. It is far easier to just eat traps though. I would actually stun the hunter on every trap so I had a timer for it and then I could eat them pretty well after that.

    If it is hunter/disc you should be okay. Dks eat disc priests. Double grip for silence immune, purge for shields, getting huge necro stacks up and using pet stun etc can land you kills if you can get some unpeeled time on the priest. The hunter will go into full peel mode when you start on the priest though as the hunter will never try to kill your healer so he will always be on you. It is just not possible to kill the hunter because they will get away for some amount of time and you can't have a CC chain long enough in 2s as a dk/anything to land a kill.

    Doable, just have to play better.
    On Rdruid/Warr we're doing that.. I'm blinking fears, warr intervenes for eating traps and I still get trapped. I just feel like it's bullshit rng.
    EU Bnet: Sevaara#2622
    Restoration Druid, Mistweaver Monk, Protection Paladin

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post

    This season is very broken - fotm classes are where its at. One of the guys on my server who is an amazing 2200+ feral rerolled hance for the lulz. Hit 2200 in all brackets in 458 crafted gear.

    Lie Lie Lie xD

  13. #53
    The only problem with disc/hunter is the cc.
    So... eat all/most of the traps and its not that hard to beat.

    This should be rather easy with these comps you mentioned :
    Rdruid/Warr
    Rdruid/Hunter
    Rdruid/Rogue
    War can intervene, hunter is ranged so he can hug you, rogue has to take SS.

    other tips:
    -save interrupts for the mc's (unless for a heal if you are trying to force cds or score a kill)
    -if you have some pressure but need to wait for dr's/cds then occasionally swap to pet and gank it
    -let your dps spread pressure / switch often, discs have trouble with that
    -purge offensively
    -when the priest runs in to fear, then make your dps stop him / slow him
    etc
    Last edited by biggischkris; 2013-07-24 at 08:04 AM.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by biggischkris View Post
    The only problem with disc/hunter is the cc.
    So... eat all/most of the traps and its not that hard to beat.

    This should be rather easy with these comps you mentioned :
    Rdruid/Warr
    Rdruid/Hunter
    Rdruid/Rogue
    War can intervene, hunter is ranged so he can hug you, rogue has to take SS.

    other tips:
    -save interrupts for the mc's (unless for a heal if you are trying to force cds or score a kill)
    -if you have some pressure but need to wait for dr's/cds then occasionally swap to pet and gank it
    -let your dps spread pressure / switch often, discs have trouble with that
    -purge offensively
    -when the priest runs in to fear, then make your dps stop him / slow him
    etc
    MC isn't the problem, neither is fear. It's trap always landing despite my warrior trying to eat them. Out of that I get MC'd which is interrupted but then I get put into a silencing shot into another MC in which I'm run towards the priest for a fear. They can do that every 20-30s. Eventually they get the kill.
    EU Bnet: Sevaara#2622
    Restoration Druid, Mistweaver Monk, Protection Paladin

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    MC isn't the problem, neither is fear. It's trap always landing despite my warrior trying to eat them. Out of that I get MC'd which is interrupted but then I get put into a silencing shot into another MC in which I'm run towards the priest for a fear. They can do that every 20-30s. Eventually they get the kill.
    Let the warrior mass spell reflect the trap once you get stun/scatter shot. It works.

  16. #56
    They should nerf shrooms tbh, they're so OP. Even if their healing was to be reduced by 50 % they'd still be OP. On topic, you're playing a bad comp.

  17. #57
    If your warrior can't eat the traps, he's too slow. He should be faster. Then he can just ride the hunter all game long, you will eventually score a kill.
    Intel Core i7 3770K @4,4Ghz - Asus Maximus V Gene - Antec Kühler 920 H2O - 8Gb Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz - PNY Geforce GTX 780 XLR8 OC - Ocz Agility 3 120Gb - Super Flower Golden King Platinum 650w - Asus Vulcan Pro ANC - Razer Deathadder

  18. #58
    The Patient Robles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    207
    I don't understand how you can't break 2k as a 2700 Resto druid playing any of those comps.
    (I understand your partner may not be 2700 or high rated at all, but my MW's highest 3s achievement was 1550 when I found him, I was just going for cap)


    I played Feral/MW with no Skype to 2100, now we're 2200 using Skype.

    Play Resto/DK or Resto/Hunt, both are retarded.
    Last edited by Robles; 2013-07-25 at 02:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Robles View Post
    I don't understand how you can't break 2k as a 2700 Resto druid playing any of those comps.
    (I understand your partner may not be 2700 or high rated at all, but my MW's highest 3s achievement was 1550 when I found him, I was just going for cap)


    I played Feral/MW with no Skype to 2100, now we're 2200 using Skype.

    Play Resto/DK or Resto/Hunt, both are retarded.
    You've missed his point - he got 2700 looong time ago on mage. If it was during woltk then 2600-2650 was were glad cut off started (at least on my bg), so don't judge on the number outside of the box. Also you're playing feral and they've no hardcounters at all in 2v2, our BG #1 2v2 team is priest/feral with 200ish wins/few losses simply becouse they can farm reliably top setups. Neither of setups OP listed can do such, that's why i earlier suggested that he simply buy feral gear and get to where he wants. Also DK/druid isn't really good and hunt/druid is worse version of hunt/priest - especially if priest knows how to play holy he'll counter you in a series with chastice into mc into fear into pet stun into trap time after time.

    tldr: things are different for different specs.

  20. #60
    2's aren't balanced, it's why Blizzard is introducing that retarded buff to give one team an advantage. so matches with Overpowered healers don't last 45 minutes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •