Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Back to Blizzcon Quest & Lore Panel, to find hints about next expansion.

From 6:00 to 6:35 in the Blizzcon 2010 Warcraft Quest & Lore Panel

About Kil'jaeden & Burning Legion

"But in the end of the day, you know, we pretty much smashed his head back down the toilet ball, you know what I mean, at the Sunwell."

"So his gonna be dealing with total different emotions at this point, right."

"He wanted to eredicate all life before, and it wasn't really personal."

"Now it's personal."

"We will likely see him ... again!"

also..

26:22 "We will absolutely go back and effect Outland."

Keep in mind that we have had 3 consecutive expansions that has been in Azeroth.
    Wrath of the Lich King (Northrend \ Azeroth), Cataclysm (Azeroth), Mists of Pandaria (Pandaria \ Azeroth).

It's much more fun to discuss if you find something they said at Blizzcon Quest & Lore Panel video,
    using what they say as an argument for what you believe in.

Let's try

So if you have something you believe in, you need to quote something they said and back up with a video,
    to make us believe that, that may be a possibility, right.

- - - Updated - - -

I just think it's interesting to see what they said so many years ago, and I feel it's increasing the likely chance of what been said back then, to be happening next as it's been a while plus 3 consecutive expansions that has been set primarly in Azeroth.
    Last edited by Tyrael the Impatient; 2013-07-22 at 03:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael the Impatient View Post
    2010 was a LONG time ago. I don't believe they'll go back and change anything. There simply isn't the time and man power to handle it without undermining current content.

The only way I ever see Outland being included again is if they gave it the Cataclysm treatment - updates for lv60-70 questing but nothing more. Any expansion featuring the legion would be best framed as an invasion of Azeroth, though I'm not sure how they could portray that without updating all of the existing zones (again).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    2010 was a LONG time ago. I don't believe they'll go back and change anything. There simply isn't the time and man power to handle it without undermining current content.
    i gotta agree here, WoW rising in subs back then, they could do what ever they want, people were pleased. If they redo Outland they only please the levelers.
    And WoW is endcontent game now. And i think blizzard now wants to put out new end content.

If they choose to re do outland or make Argus. they do Argus, Logical of course.

Chance they won't do big revamps like cataclysm anymore, it didn't work out as good as they hoped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    I call bullshit. They might be working on the next outland expansion NOW.

Nobody knows what the next expansion will be.

It's doubtful they will go back and redo outlands. This video was taken before Cataclysm was released and back when they thought Cataclysm would be a huge success.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Disagree.

There's a difference between making new quests and what they did in Cata.

In Cata they actually deleted the Old World and rebuilt it from square one to allow for flight. Outland won't need that treatment, only new quests.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Disagree.

There's a difference between making new quests and what they did in Cata.

In Cata they actually deleted the Old World and rebuilt it from square one to allow for flight. Outland won't need that treatment, only new quests.
    No they didn't. You realize that would have taken about 5 years? How can you even think that given how low quality Kalimdor and EK look?

All they did was fill in the blank spaces and unused areas.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-07-22 at 04:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    In Cata they actually deleted the Old World and rebuilt it from square one to allow for flight.
    Eeeh, no. It would take atleast 2-3 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    No they didn't. You realize that would have taken about 5 years? How can you even think that given how low quality Kalimdor and EK look?

All they did was fill in the blank spaces and unused areas.
    While totally deleting and rebuilding the Old World from scratch is definitely untrue, they did do more than just fill in blank areas. A lot of zones were changed dramatically. I don't doubt that if Blizzard decided to update Outland, they'd do the same thing there.

Everyone does realize that they said they are working on xpacs that are 2-3 out right? I remember them saying that somewhere. Something along the lines of "we were working on MoP when wotlk was released"

Outland is a shattered remnant, one that we never really explored even when it was still a whole planet. So there might be other floating chunks out there to base an expansion on.

They were talking about the inconsistency of the leveling experience with this, not that we're physically going back there. What the question was asking was what they planned to do about the flow of the questing. With Cataclysm, the whole world was redone, except for Outland. This left a weird story where you were in a post Cataclysm world until 58, went back in time for 58 - 68, then returned back to a post Cataclysm world for the rest of your experience.

What they wanted to do is go back and make the flow smooth again. Sadly, it's unlikely they'll ever do that though because their focus is exclusively on end game content and to do so would be a massive waste of resources. Instead, we're stuck with an non immersing gaming experience.

Why on earth did everyone just ignore the part with Kil'jaeden?
    And go straight for the Outland that was just one quote.

And you guys arn't really good at playing the game, look thru new or old Blizzcon Quest & Lore Panel,
    keypoint some points they make about the future, it's much more joy to read than all the "nay nay nay!"

10+ Year Old Account

And you guys arn't really good at playing the game, look thru new or old Blizzcon Quest & Lore Panel,
    keypoint some points they make about the future, it's much more joy to read than all the "nay nay nay!"
    I simply picked out the part I thought was not true. I can totally see the Kil'jaeden thing happening next expansion.

I just think these Lore panels are too much snapshots of what the thinking was right at that moment. So much changes in the meantime. There was a whole concept for the expansion that became Mists, a different concept, and it got scrapped in favour of what we have now. They held onto the idea and concept, but ultimately the plan they were working on (likely allready in an idea stage at this Panel you linked) was scrapped. If something as drastic as that can change then small stuff can change as well.

So there can be fun stuff in it, I just don't think we should put too much weight on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there's much controversy in suggesting that Kil'jaeden will return as an antagonist; it's pretty widely accepted in threads talking about upcoming expansions/ the Burning Legion.

Pretty much anything said during any Blizzcon Q&A gets discussed, dissected and buried beneath a mountain of tin-foil hats during and shortly after the panels take place, so most of it's been discussed already. Regardless, here're a few interesting bits:

Future of the Dragonflights (kind of describes Dragonsworn) and the Emerald Nightmare
    Illidan coming back | Illidan redemption story
    Seeing the Emerald Dream for sure

Not to mention that they learned a VERY major lesson when creating Cataclysm about spending lots of resources for revamping old areas...

I wonder how far into development they are with the moose.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Not to mention that they learned a VERY major lesson when creating Cataclysm about spending lots of resources for revamping old areas...
    It's level 60 to 70, not level 1 to 60 like Azeroth was.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    I wonder how far into development they are with the moose.
    Hah. I was thinking about the same thing two days ago.

- - - Updated - - -

It's level 60 to 70, not level 1 to 60 like Azeroth was.
    Re-doing the quests and stuff might not take as long a time as the old zones did, but it'll still require quite a bit of resources that could be used for creating endgame content.