Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't like the "when you're dead you can get most points of everyone" in the hunger games minigame. Being the first to fail actually greatly boosts your score since you can toss out a gazillion karka who'll get loads of kills...

The top scorer almost never is the guy who was alive the longest, hell my strategy has become scavenge like hell and die asap when the timer goes out...

Deleted
    Yay, got my mini charr!

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I don't like the "when you're dead you can get most points of everyone" in the hunger games minigame. Being the first to fail actually greatly boosts your score since you can toss out a gazillion karka who'll get loads of kills...
    I've out scored people who purposely died for ghost form. You get 50 points for winning. Horde food, and run to the other side of the island and outlive whoever is left I usually score between 70-80 points without fighting.

10people in arena, starting area has 8 crystals if all of them grab those and die 1time you just got 80points from that, without taking the starting buff into account nor the points you get for kills (jeej karka).

My best score so far was around 115 and 70-80 is easy if people kill you fast enough, that's the only downside to the plan

10people in arena, starting area has 8 crystals if all of them grab those and die 1time you just got 80points from that, without taking the starting buff into account nor the points you get for kills (jeej karka).

My best score so far was around 115 and 70-80 is easy if people kill you fast enough, that's the only downside to the plan
    Hunger games mini game can have 20 people, and there aren't any crystals.... you talking about revenge orbs? You have to be lucky to get enough to summon a karka on a group of players to get instant 80 points since kills are 5 points each.

Each crystal you take is +1 point so if 10people stay in the starting area and pick up the packs that's 80 points.

I completely agree bovinity. The only thing ghosts should be able to do is make people appear on the map but preferably not even that.

There are no crystals, when you scavage anything you get 1 point for that scavenge, player kills are 5 points, revenge motes are 1 point.

Not that the score even matters outside the achievement which is only 2 achivement points. Any player getting "instant 80 points are unlikely" if they do, they deserve them for sniping so many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Not to mention how retarded it is when all the ghosts just decide they're going to gang up on you because you "win too much".

End up switching instances every couple games because once I win a couple it turns into a, "How many traps can the ghosts spam on Bovinity" game. ><
    Sounds like a fun game, can I participate?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Sure, if you die first!
    If you want a pointless High score you should die fast and hope nobody else has that idea

Or if you like to be a ghost and have fun with it you should die fast.

either way everyone gets the same reward. I've seen no difference between a first place chest and a non first place chest besides like 2 more silver and more karma.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-07-24 at 08:01 PM.

Deleted
    The survival minigame may be the least fun I have had in any MMO ever. The crystals one isn't much good either. And the candidate trials are just a case of standing at the back and picking off the plunderers. For the first time my attitude to the patch was just "right, let's just get these awful grind achievements done"

I don't care about the rewards, I care about winning. I think it's retarded that playing bad gets rewarded (and can be abused by people like me).

The game would be a lot more fun if there weren't any ghosts.

I don't care about the rewards, I care about winning. I think it's retarded that playing bad gets rewarded (and can be abused by people like me).

The game would be a lot more fun if there weren't any ghosts.
    High score has no relation to winning. High score refers to obtaining the most objectives set in the mini game, from killing people to surviving.

You want to win? Survive. You win. Don't stick around the obvious place where orbs will spawn and ghosts will crowd around. Pick up 9 rations and start hoofin it to the other side of the island where there are no orbs and nobody will be able to catch up to you then you just out hunger the rest. If you don't kill anyone you are less likely to be haunted since the whole mechanic is about revenge.

Sorry but no, the person with the highest score is the winner otherwise they shouldn't have implemented a scoreboard based on points but one on "deaths", they also wouldn't have given the last person alive +50 points then.

Also the strat you are using was one a-net decided wasn't fun, yet their design team failed horribly at blocking it (again).

Sorry but no, the person with the highest score is the winner otherwise they shouldn't have implemented a scoreboard based on points but one on "deaths", they also wouldn't have given the last person alive +50 points then.

Also the strat you are using was one a-net decided wasn't fun, yet their design team failed horribly at blocking it (again).
    No the winner is the person who survives last, the scoreboard is for personal gloat of what you did. You want to beat the scoreboard? Then your best bet is ghost farming. But the game rules it clearly states, the last person who survives wins, they even get better loot if you win, you even get 50 points for winning. People who are number one in scoreboard don't get jack extra because they didn't win.

It's personal gloat like all scoreboards are, you are fixated on personal gloat not actually winning.

It's a way to win, not personal fun. You can hunt them down and win, but you will have an annoying time with revenge ghosts. Also hanging around common battle fields (campfire) there will be a lot of revenge orbs so you going into them is a death trap plain stupid.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-07-24 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's a way to win, not personal fun. You can hunt them down and win, but you will have an annoying time with revenge ghosts. Also hanging around common battle fields (campfire) there will be a lot of revenge orbs so you going into them is a death trap plain stupid.
    I'm not knocking your strategy, I simply wanted to point out that A-net set out to do something and failed at it horribly (as usual).

It's personal gloat like all scoreboards are, you are fixated on personal gloat not actually winning.
    If I've learned nothing else about Meledelion, it's that the Numbers matter, no matter what those numbers are, he fixates on getting those points to the best of his ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    If I've learned nothing else about Meledelion, it's that the Numbers matter, no matter what those numbers are, he fixates on getting those points to the best of his ability.
    When Gnashblade shouts to the winner that he is the winner when he is the last one standing numbers are irrelevant.

When Gnashblade shouts to the winner that he is the winner when he is the last one standing numbers are irrelevant.
    To you, certainly. To Mel, when the scoreboard pops up, it tells who won. Different perspectives.