Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The most annoying part about the Southsun Survival mini-game is that I find myself dying more to dead players than anything else in the game, but then again, I play aggressively early on so I can rack up points for the achievement. I would actually try harder to be the last one standing if it weren't so easy to rack up kills early on and then collect revenge orbs when I inevitably die to traps or karkas that mist walkers spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Drofdel View Post
    The most annoying part about the Southsun Survival mini-game is that I find myself dying more to dead players than anything else in the game, but then again, I play aggressively early on so I can rack up points for the achievement. I would actually try harder to be the last one standing if it weren't so easy to rack up kills early on and then collect revenge orbs when I inevitably die to traps or karkas that mist walkers spawn.
    Yes but then you're not "winning" /caremode.

Meh, the problem here is the dumb "Get points" achievement. Encourages people to just farm instead of really playing.

Key to avoiding revenge death is not to stand out in common area's where battles take place, this is where ghosts can get revenge orbs and trap you. Try and stay off center and there is such a thing as killing too many people... they will gang up on you.

However if you are points farming, revenge killing at the start is probably the easiest way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Meh, the problem here is the dumb "Get points" achievement. Encourages people to just farm instead of really playing.
    Exactly. The extra chest at the end isn't exactly worth all the effort it took to win the game. Sure, you get 50 points for winning, but it's a more difficult 50 than just farming kills at the beginning and collecting revenge orbs. Personally, I think players should get points for being alive every so often after the grace period, that way they're actually being rewarded for surviving rather than farming kills and dying.

Personally, I think players should get points for being alive every so often after the grace period, that way they're actually being rewarded for surviving rather than farming kills and dying.
    You want to make the game actually reward playing the objective, that's totally unacceptable!

Exactly. The extra chest at the end isn't exactly worth all the effort it took to win the game. Sure, you get 50 points for winning, but it's a more difficult 50 than just farming kills at the beginning and collecting revenge orbs. Personally, I think players should get points for being alive every so often after the grace period, that way they're actually being rewarded for surviving rather than farming kills and dying.
    It's not like you need the 2500 achievement for the meta and it's only worth 2 achievement points.

The scoreboard/points is hardly mandatory or rewarding. Hence why it's not the main objective. I also haven't gotten a rose outside the splendid chest. All 3 I've gotten were from splendid chest. Not sure if the other chest has a lower drop rate or not for it.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    High score has no relation to winning. High score refers to obtaining the most objectives set in the mini game, from killing people to surviving.

You want to win? Survive. You win. Don't stick around the obvious place where orbs will spawn and ghosts will crowd around. Pick up 9 rations and start hoofin it to the other side of the island where there are no orbs and nobody will be able to catch up to you then you just out hunger the rest. If you don't kill anyone you are less likely to be haunted since the whole mechanic is about revenge.
    I know whenever i get killed (in my pointless point gaining matches) i will normally just drop a karka or 5 on the group that ganged up on me lol.

The way i always win though is i ignore the pit O Death at the beginning and just pick up like 6-9 rations (everyone else can starve) and i run over to the karka nest where i hide in the safety of my karka friends!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

The scoreboard/points is hardly mandatory or rewarding. Hence why it's not the main objective. I also haven't gotten a rose outside the splendid chest. All 3 I've gotten were from splendid chest. Not sure if the other chest has a lower drop rate or not for it.
    I dunno if it makes any difference. In contrast, I've had 4 roses drop and all of them were from the normal chest, none from the splendid chest. Considering I haven't played that many games, it seems I'm either lucky or the drop rate isn't bad on the normal chests.

I know whenever i get killed (in my pointless point gaining matches) i will normally just drop a karka or 5 on the group that ganged up on me lol.
    I find light-trap trolling even more satisfying, just because you know the frustration level has to be over 9000 when you keep forcing them to stop and wait for Torment to tick off over and over and over and over. (Or they just die, that's fun too)
    Last edited by Bovinity Divinity; 2013-07-29 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's not like you need the 2500 achievement for the meta and it's only worth 2 achievement points.

The other Chests have either a ridiculously low chance or no chance at all to get the rose, i've gotten the rose twice now out of the 6 wins i've gotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.