Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yauld View Post
    Whats so freaking bad about being witty is my question? ''You can say that you don't like a thing, but if youre creative about it, youre a douch''.
    One of the important parts of being witty is actually being witty.

That said, the forum moderators hand out bans for everything from making a dozen all caps F U C U G H O S T C R A W L R whatever titled posts on Saturday night, to posts like OP's. Basically, if you hang around the forums long enough, and you are the least bit contentious or in the habit of having a few beers with your internet, you'll eventually get banned, maybe for something major, maybe for something minor. Just get over it. There are more posters where you came from and Blizzard doesn't care whether it's you or your replacement or your replacement's replacement on the forums. Enjoy the time you had there!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwnsome View Post
    I was a Tauren druid, and if I'm sure. I was the one who started the thread. It might of been deleted? However, I'm not trying to convince you. If you don't believe then don't.
    Alright, fine. I was showing how suspicious it looked from my point of view. Finding a thread with the same title and the poster was a confirmed troll... it's just a little suspicious.

But I'll take your word that it isn't you.
    Last edited by Lime; 2013-07-22 at 10:16 PM. Reason: changed cow to how, I now have Taurens on my mind

15+ Year Old Account
    It's exactly bullshit posts like yours that add nothing to a discussion. If you have nothing to provide in a discussion, don't participate in it. Ban justified imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    It's exactly bullshit posts like yours that add nothing to a discussion. If you have nothing to provide in a discussion, don't participate in it. Ban justified imo.

so then what do the 843573457 "what class should I roll" and "what class is the easiest to play" posts offer? Yet Blizzard lets those posts pop up every week by the dozen.

They can be a bit loose with the bans (as can certain other forums I won't name) but so what? It's a forum, if you're banned go do something else.

Ban for OP was maybe a little OTT, but it's just up to what the dev responsible decides in that situation. He might have had a hard day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Alright, fine. I was showing cow suspicious it looked from my point of view. Finding a thread with the same title and the poster was a confirmed troll... it's just a little suspicious.

But I'll take your word that it isn't you.
    I do find that odd though, because I remember creating a thread with a very similar title, yet it was posted by this Drizzlie guy or whatever.
    Maybe the thread was dead, and I got banned for trying to bring it up again. Who knows

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats ok, did you notice all these responses but nothing from the O.P.?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    so then what do the 843573457 "what class should I roll" and "what class is the easiest to play" posts offer? Yet Blizzard lets those posts pop up every week by the dozen.
    But the posts of "What class should I roll" or "What class is the easiest to play" many times contain a valid question, and is very often explained by people and their view points. There is still the random person whom goes like, "lol, roll X class faceroll" or something like that. But in the end, it's the valid answers that makes a post contribute more. And I don't really see the OP's answer as valid either though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    I got perma banned from their forums for telling the world about their 'PvP Vote AFK' glitch providing more support for griefers...

And today for using the word "butt" 7 days ago:

Account Action: Warning

Offense: Inappropriate
    This category includes both clear and masked language which:

* Is a mildly inappropriate reference to human anatomy or bodily functions
    * Is otherwise considered objectionable

Details (Note - Times are listed in Greenwich Mean Time, GMT):
    2013-07-15 00:50:30 <snip>: we understand he's your butt buddy... but shut it
    You didn't get a warning for using the word "butt", you got it for "butt buddy", which is understandable.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    You didn't get a warning for using the word "butt", you got it for "butt buddy", which is understandable.
    It's a safe bet no one has ever been banned or received a warning from any WoW anything for using the word "butt" without some other words next to it, like "in your" or "pirate."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Revive pet has been removed. (Pets now die permanently and require re-taming)
    troll>ban got it ?

Deleted
    Luckily, the level of benefit from the forum might be related to the management of the rules. Don't worry. Even if you were trolling. The blizz mods see a big giant wave of troll and spam... so they gotta ban some and the hammer strikes rather randomly probably... like that game where heads come up. Can't hit em' all!

You know, even if you were trolling, there are so many posts of crap and sh*t that if you were mod for a day, you could ban so many people just from using the rules probably.

This is Blizzard's task every second:

The better the party, the better the doormen probably!

Also, one thing more... there's always two sides to a story... always.

Maybe they didn't they hit a mole and hit the board and someone undeserving was hit by the banhammer... too bad! ;/
    Last edited by mmoc859327f960; 2013-07-22 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Just like everyone else that runs in here crying about getting banned from the WoW forums,you're more than likely not giving us the entire story and you got banned for some other reason than what you mentioned.

BTW, crying here will not do anything for you.

Another helpful person(sarcasm)

To the Op... Your post was fine... You have to realize that blizzard forums are run by blizzard... Trolling to them is anything that may go agaist thier interests... Thier interests are to keep wow alive and syphoning money from ignorant peoples pockets.

If you start to educate ignorant people then they start to realize that they are getting screwed and they stop playing. Remember ignorance is bliss.

At least you can post on mmo which seems to actually allow people to post for now.

it's a very interesting debate online what crosses the line from sarcasm to "trolling" and those who moderate things "at their discretion"

the truth is they can never REALLY know what the intention of your posts are without talking to you, they are making their decisions based upon text on a screen, which is emotionless, and different depending on who is reading it.

Decipher This

- - - Updated - - -

I made a parody thread in off-topic the other day that got closed, because the moderator came to the conclusion that i was being serious. it was basically mocking the "i have now canceled my wow subscription because cashstore" threads, i replaced WoW with facebook and called them charging people $1 usd to send messages to people they are not friends with "microtransaction pay2win cashgrab"

Blizzard intends their forums to be solely for "useful feedback, constructive criticism and real issues".

While your post may be funny (in an over exaggerating kind of way), it definitely does not fit into either of their categories.

Don't worry, OP is already back in the official forums posting about the hybrid tax.

And he wonders why he gets reported and banned for trolling.

Yeah, I don't think you got banned for trying to be witty, I think you got banned for trying and failing to be witty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnsome View Post
    I got perma-banned for making a "Tauren, why are they so awesome?" thread. Apparently Blizzard considers that trolling. Although trolling wasn't my intention at all.
    Yea blizz does that. They will ban you for a random reason that wasn't the REAL reason. Like they don't have the balls to tell the truth. Happened to me. Banned me for hateful language about nations(which is bs), instead of the real reason...trying to get kalgan fired.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    I got perma banned from their forums for telling the world about their 'PvP Vote AFK' glitch providing more support for griefers...

And today for using the word "butt" 7 days ago:

Account Action: Warning

Offense: Inappropriate
    This category includes both clear and masked language which:

* Is a mildly inappropriate reference to human anatomy or bodily functions
    * Is otherwise considered objectionable

Details (Note - Times are listed in Greenwich Mean Time, GMT):
    2013-07-15 00:50:30 <snip>: we understand he's your butt buddy... but shut it
    I don't think it was the use of that word alone, but the context.
    The message describes a warning rather than a ban and given the stated reason is very valid.

The OP was adding nothing constructive to a discussion, and instead trying to be funny and what looks very much like baiting.
    The action in both cases is understandable.