Trivia with the Timewalkers!

Not sure how much traction this will get, but I figured it was something I really enjoyed as a fan of the lore. Blizzard added in a daily on the Timeless Isle where essentially you're asked a lore question. Mists of Pandaria is essentially the first expansion where Blizzard has added store just for story sake, and not gameplay. And its something I absolutely love. Here is a look at it:

Was contemplating uploading more of the questions, but you can find them online.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jesus that quest text was nonsense..."time is a tapestry and there are threads and some threads are long and some thread are blue and there are many threads and-" STFU WOMAN AND GIMME MEH QUESTION.

15+ Year Old Account
    Must be first quest that does not require you to kill or destroy something! Improvement!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Yeahhhh! Lore for lore sake. Which is fantastic.

I just wish they'd have like 3-5 questions per daily instead of 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome! Though it's too bad it's only 1 question a day..

Also the NPC is called after Blizzards very own "master lore person" I believe. The other NPC's around there are also "historians" I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    STFU WOMAN AND GIMME MEH QUESTION.
    Yes, cause rushing lore and skipping over the story to get to the conclusion is exactly what this daily is about xD

I love that they put this in. I had a question about a quest mob name, forgot which one it was. I had to cheat and look it up cause there were 2 virtually the same answers that were what I thought it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully there will be more of this in future endeavors we participate in.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yes, cause rushing lore and skipping over the story to get to the conclusion is exactly what this daily is about xD

I love that they put this in. I had a question about a quest mob name, forgot which one it was. I had to cheat and look it up cause there were 2 virtually the same answers that were what I thought it was.
    Its just funny how her description of the quest has nothing to do with "Answer this lore question" is all :P

I'd like this quest to be in every future daily hub, updated each patch with a few more questions. Although some of the questions ask minor wiki information that won't make people more interested in learning lore.

Deleted
    I would do horrible, horrible things to be one of those historians

great quest, looking forward to it and a nice video too, thanks for those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooh yes. These type of quests were made for lorewhores like me!
    Rrrrrepresentation!

I do hope they've got a *lot* of questions ready. Wouldnt like to get doubles in a world so rich in history as Azeroth.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2013-07-23 at 09:33 AM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yeahhhh! Lore for lore sake. Which is fantastic.

I just wish they'd have like 3-5 questions per daily instead of 1.
    You'd get too many repetitive questions after doing them dailies for weeks in that case. :/

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

There are 10+ books, 4 full-length games, not even counting WoW, and 4 expansions now.

They could easily find enough questions.

- - - Updated - - -

Added another video with some questions:

pretty sure there was a question quest like that before.. a long chain that started in thousand needles back in vanilla, it had you go to sm, do various trials, grab some books and at the end there was a lore question and the answer was ner'zhul or kel'thuzad i forgot... quest is gone since cata of course.

Hmm...I've played since Vanilla and don't remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    pretty sure there was a question quest like that before.. a long chain that started in thousand needles back in vanilla, it had you go to sm, do various trials, grab some books and at the end there was a lore question and the answer was ner'zhul or kel'thuzad i forgot... quest is gone since cata of course.
    I remember that quest chain you had to answer that forsaken guys question

Im pretty sure it was horde only

Pretty sure this was the quest but i may be wrong http://www.wowhead.com/quest=1159/test-of-lore
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2013-07-24 at 01:40 AM.

Ah, cool. Since I couldn't make an alt of another faction on the same server, I never got a Hordie alt in Vanilla that high :P