Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Have you even been on the ptr? With the set bonuses arcane is destroying everything.
    No, I'm not on the ptr. But we're anticipating Fire nerfs, so maybe Arcane will be the way to go, its set bonuses are awesome. Movement is like a secondary resource though and SoO has lots of movement or so they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    No, I'm not on the ptr. But we're anticipating Fire nerfs, so maybe Arcane will be the way to go, its set bonuses are awesome. Movement is like a secondary resource though and SoO has lots of movement or so they say.
    Arcane does so much dmg on the ptr there's no point to be fire. Don't complain about arcanes movement when even on movement heavy fights its still many % ahead of others.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

unless you're running on half a brainstem, you can avoid most of the impact of movement with a combination of blink and arc exp. arc exp has zero downside (yes, it's not as good as arcane blast, but it does maintain stacks + can proc missiles) whereas SWP spam can in some situations be a dps loss even though it's our only option for movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Arcane does so much dmg on the ptr there's no point to be fire. Don't complain about arcanes movement when even on movement heavy fights its still many % ahead of others.
    With the new Blink glyph Arcane's movement DPS loss is close to 0. Unless you blink off Lei Shen platform like some Mages I know do ofc :x
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Arcane Explosion requires a target in 10 yds proximity (15 yd with glyph) which is another variable to maintain. Guys, why are you constantly dismissing Rune of Power? There were absolutely no changes on ptr regarding mage lv90 talents and currently hardly any Arcane mage doesn't take RoP, because otherwise there's not much point to not be specced Fire. Plus the number tweaking phase of ptr is still ahead, so it's too early to say which specs will stay on top. Maybe Arcane will be nerfed and Mind Spike damage will be buffed - viable FDCL will be a nice QoL improvement for Shadow movement.

PS Ice Floes has just been greatly buffed, so if RoP gets some fixes, like becoming Sniper Training 2.0, Arc is good to go.
    Last edited by Nightfall; 2013-07-25 at 05:40 AM.

Arcane Explosion requires a target in 10 yds proximity (15 yd with glyph) which is another variable to maintain. Guys, why are you constantly dismissing Rune of Power? There were absolutely no changes on ptr regarding mage lv90 talents and currently hardly any Arcane mage doesn't take RoP, because otherwise there's not much point to not be specced Fire. Plus the number tweaking phase of ptr is still ahead, so it's too early to say which specs will stay on top. Maybe Arcane will be nerfed and Mind Spike damage will be buffed - viable FDCL will be a nice QoL improvement for Shadow movement.

PS Ice Floes has just been greatly buffed, so if RoP gets some fixes, like becoming Sniper Training 2.0, Arc is good to go.
    It is quite obvious from every PTR patch that they are silently sweeping Shadow under the rug until 6.0

Deleted
    I dont even believe what i will say here but i miss DS and glory of shadow priests there :< Cata model of dps was best by far in whole wow for shadow >.>

Arcane Explosion requires a target in 10 yds proximity (15 yd with glyph) which is another variable to maintain. Guys, why are you constantly dismissing Rune of Power?
    because #1 you can get within 15 yards of a boss with one blink and #2 anyone who isn't a complete trashcan can manage ROPs when movement isn't temporary by casting ROP into a blink. just because terrible arcane mages get penalized significantly for movement doesn't make it comparable to shadow, who have zero options for mobility and no sort of 'skill cap' to help on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by blgns View Post
    I dont even believe what i will say here but i miss DS and glory of shadow priests there :< Cata model of dps was best by far in whole wow for shadow >.>
    yep. half of the reason i went main shadow for mop was that i figured that they had figured out shadow with how solid shadow's mechanics were in ds.
    Last edited by snaxattax; 2013-07-25 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    because #1 you can get within 15 yards of a boss with one blink and #2 anyone who isn't a complete trashcan can manage ROPs when movement isn't temporary by casting ROP into a blink. just because terrible arcane mages get penalized significantly for movement doesn't make it comparable to shadow, who have zero options for mobility and no sort of 'skill cap' to help on top of it.
    Too much hatred, I guess there's nothing to discuss then.

Hatred =\= an unsound argument, which yours is. You come to forums to have a discussion and you failed to bring any real evidence in which your claim would be logical.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

we play alts. we know what is and isn't hard. you can be a giant shitderp and still raid somewhat competitively as a mage or warlock because their mechanics allow you to play much more reactively. i mean, hell, even as disc with glyph of penance i feel like i can take a giant breather in terms of voidzones/positioning.

but, disregarding all that - these are still *options* that a mage can reasonably employ to reduce the impact of mobility requirements in a fight. there is no such option available to shadow.
    Last edited by snaxattax; 2013-07-26 at 04:59 AM.