I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Atari auctions its assets

in January this years, Atari filed for bankruptcy. we now know who acquires the remaining licences

- Wargaming World (world of tank) acquires Total Annihilation and Master of Orion franchises
    - Stardock System (sins of a solar empire) acquires Star Control
    - Rebellion Interactive acquires BattleZone and Moonbase Commander franchises
    - Epic Gear takes the Backyard sport series (Baseball, Basket, Football, etc.)
    - Tommo Interactive gets studio Humongous games: Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise and Math Gran Prix
    - we have no word right now on who acquires RollerCoaster Tycoon and Test Drive franchises.

Farewell Atari, yet another big name of the past just goes away.

i'm intrigued what will happens of the total annihilation and master of orion franchise though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atari is a guy?

I'm wondering how Star Control will turn out. Maybe something will ACTUALLY happen with it?

Master of Orion is basically the best franchise on the planet and I hope Wargaming actually uses it because it is basically cool in electronic form.

Total Annihilation is also cool.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Rebellion Interactive acquires BattleZone and Moonbase Commander franchises
    Hmmmmm. Battlezone was epic, it has been dead for a decade though. I wonder if they are planning on reviving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Farewell Atari, yet another big name of the past just goes away.
    To be be honest, I don't think this Atari has anything to do with the Atari of olde (like 2600 days etc.) in any thing more then name.

After Test Drive 2 Unlimited, I really don't care where that IP lands. Pretty sure anywhere else would be better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully someone will make the test drive series good again so that it has decent physics
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right