Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzard sound after vanilla wow lead composer came back to work for em'

Anyone else think that Blizzard is now a lot better in sound department?

Dota 2 Main theme - composed by same dude when he was working at Valve.

One of same composer's new tracks for wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to be total honest here, blizzard sound/music team has NEVER dissapointed me at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Was this composed by that guy too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Going to be total honest here, blizzard sound/music team has NEVER dissapointed me at all.
    Pretty much this. Even though there are some songs that I prefer more than others, I always like the music. I don't think there's a Warcraft song where I'm like "I don't like this at all".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Was this composed by that guy too?

Yeah, he made most of the tunes for wc3 and original wow.

This.

Blizzard may suck at balance and lore writing, but they never sucked at cinematic and music making.

Deleted
    Do agree with to some extent but original WOW music was something special and has that pull-me-back-in melancholy to the songs. I don't hear Uldum and think I must play again, but play me a Durotar original and I'm yanking for that credit card.

Very happy Jason Hayes is back if true, the man is a genius AND..

..this goes along with my theory that Blizz are going ALL OUT with expansion 5, it's going to be a masterpiece and many of us will go back (for those that quit!). They have their best team across the board on it. Expect a mind blowing Blizzcon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    This.

Blizzard may suck at balance and lore writing, but they never sucked at cinematic and music making.
    Really? Imo initial soundtrack for MoP was really awful. Not in that sense that it isnt fine music, but it was kind of distant what wow music should sound like. Some tunes were "ok", but some really awful, especially VoEB music sounded like it was from some 50s cheap movie, but from patch 5.1 tunes are totally different since original composer came back to work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    This music makes me want to kill all kinds of puppy. It completely sucks any seriousness out of WoW.
    Yeah, well this was composed by the initial MoP sound team, not by original wow composer.

Just compare these two:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE5oaOOwInE - original wow composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9PFIqZMMpU - mop initial sound team

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    Yeah, well this was composed by the initial MoP sound team, not by original wow composer.

Just compare these two:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE5oaOOwInE - original wow composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9PFIqZMMpU - mop initial sound team
    How could you compare a login screen with a zone soundtrack?
    That's most unlogical way to compare these things.

- - - Updated - - -

This music makes me want to kill all kinds of puppy. It completely sucks any seriousness out of WoW. Plus it reminds me of those old racist disney cartoons that involved asian folk.

It's not the music that sucks, it's your interest in the music. You dislike Asian themed music it seems, nothing more to say about that. The soundtrack itself is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Well, I don't think i've been really dissapointed with WoW music, I hated the idea of azeroth losing its old music at the beginning of Cata but some of the new stuff was quite nice... there is one that I don't like... the cursed theme (EPL) I much prefer the old version but I can live with it.

I really like some of the old sound tracks - Naxx was just number one, for raid instance music... probably followed closely by AQ40, you don't feel like you're hearing a story told through music, its most like amplifying the enviroment making it extremely atmospheric.

One thing that blows me away everytime - the old Darkmoon faire theme, the end of it used to fade out with a horn or kinda humming sound that completely changed the emotion of the track.

MoP has had some of the best music in WoW. Blizzards music and sound teams have always done a great job on every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trogie View Post
    MoP has had some of the best music in WoW. Blizzards music and sound teams have always done a great job on every game.
    Gotta agree. The MoP soundtrack is pretty awesome, I listened to the CD from the Collector's Edition quite a few times.

All the expansions have good music, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    Well, I don't think i've been really dissapointed with WoW music, I hated the idea of azeroth losing its old music at the beginning of Cata but some of the new stuff was quite nice... there is one that I don't like... the cursed theme (EPL) I much prefer the old version but I can live with it.

I really like some of the old sound tracks - Naxx was just number one, for raid instance music... probably followed closely by AQ40, you don't feel like you're hearing a story told through music, its most like amplifying the enviroment making it extremely atmospheric.

One thing that blows me away everytime - the old Darkmoon faire theme, the end of it used to fade out with a horn or kinda humming sound that completely changed the emotion of the track.
    Nicely written - appreciated that and agree 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    This music makes me want to kill all kinds of puppy. It completely sucks any seriousness out of WoW. Plus it reminds me of those old racist disney cartoons that involved asian folk.
    I know 2 completely rabid fans of the Mists Inn music. 1 will sit idling there at every hour if he gets the chance and even has the music on his phone (not sure what he uses it for though).

I've not heard a piece of music in WoW I don't like. Every piece has it's moments when it comes together with what you are doing somewhere and it just fits, and you can only marvel.

Oh god yeah, I think the soul of WoWs music has to be that logic screen music. (granted you spent a lot of time there, lol dc's)

Nothing against normal asian music, the music in MoP seems waaay too stereotypical and silly for my liking.
    I love wow serious music, pandaria has lots of great tracks! But I also like the inn music, too much serious is meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Here is one track I forgot to put to op: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-_jzzHE2GI Many players familiar to original wow will propably instantly recognise same kind of sound.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Pretty much this. Even though there are some songs that I prefer more than others, I always like the music. I don't think there's a Warcraft song where I'm like "I don't like this at all".
    Very much so this. BC is my least favorite expansion, but the music in the zones has always helped me push through leveling in those zones. Howling Fjord and Grizzly Hills have some of my favorite music in the game as does Valley of the Four Winds.

Dude has an obsession with choirs.

I like MoP's music. I liked Cata's and Wrath's. All of the expansions had good music in parts.

I really hate threads that seem to imply that the quality of the game is determined by whether specific people or the "vanilla team" worked on it. Lots and lots of people work on WoW, and I think they do a great job most of the time no matter what their "pedigree" is.

For example, whoever revamped some of the zones in Cataclysm was a genius. And I'm pretty sure they were new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.