Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Pretty much, warriors will be 100% useless (unless your god mode, then you will be somewhat viable).
    The thing with warrior teams is that it's not the warrior who needs to be godmode, it's his team mates.

I don't know why people think warrior will be good after getting some QOL buffs, they need a significant change to be good again. Their Damage is good yes, but it's nothing spectacular really, other classes bring similar (if not higher) DMG AND much more utility. Nothing is changing in this department.

Maybe if they left Warbringer the way it was, you could take stormbolt instead of Avatar and Bladestorm instead of Shockwave and we could see something interesting for warriors but sadly Warbringer got changed.

<3 for Shyama for this signature!

They should at least make Shockwave have a lower cooldown, like 20 sec

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    They should at least make Shockwave have a lower cooldown, like 20 sec
    How about no?
    I was like that at the begin of MoP and it was rather overpowered. 20 sec cooldown on an AoE stun that deals damage as well, no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Not sure why people think hunters will still be dominant... pets are already getting killed by warlock teams, and with locks getting buffed i doubt hunter teams will be number 1.
    i expect RLS/shadowcleave to be great, and LSD to be the "leave cleave" and teams that still use BM hunters to be "lol free win"
    i expect hunters to be good because they still really good on ptr..marks is good and bm is good. the class is still semi retarded with cc / dmg.

what's your reasoning?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    How about no?
    I was like that at the begin of MoP and it was rather overpowered. 20 sec cooldown on an AoE stun that deals damage as well, no thanks.
    Its a frontal cone stun, not an aoe stun. I almost cringed when I saw that Blizzard acknowledged it as an aoe stun.

Warriors do not need any changes. The class is meant to be a tunnel bot and shouldn't receive anything that makes it a top competitor. I thought a baseline stun for Arms would be a good idea until they buffed Bladestorm to wotlk levels. There's no reason for anymore buffs considering the class itself has the lowest skill floor/skill cap that buffing it utility wise would just ruin the fun for everyone else. Warriors need to be kept down like the rabid animals that they are or else the game turns into another season 12. Its a harsh reality for anyone who plays a Warrior. DK's are similar, they need to be kept down to a certain extent but not as far down as Warriors.

Melee in general always need to be kept down below casters. Most melee are way too simple to play that if they were remotely overpowered, they would destroy everything that makes this game "fun."

thugcleave. since mm might be more popular as well as rogues thug/rls may returne

If ryan says warriors are in a good spot, i say the next step is to remove slam and buff all of our abilities and arms will be golden.

Oh, and huntard teams are still viable, when huntards have annoying abilities like stampede and disengage and detterence, they are still plenty viable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Proudsnout View Post
    The thing with warrior teams is that it's not the warrior who needs to be godmode, it's his team mates.
    Unfortunately, i am usually the one who has to do all of the work as an arena partner (sarcastically speaking) while you got two idiots living in their "moment".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Proudsnout View Post
    I don't know why people think warrior will be good after getting some QOL buffs, they need a significant change to be good again. Their Damage is good yes, but it's nothing spectacular really, other classes bring similar (if not higher) DMG AND much more utility. Nothing is changing in this department.
    Don't you remember the good times in wotlk and bc AND classic? when warriors had 50% MS? that was when arms warriors actually meant something, now its just an avg normal class bringing stupid dmg to the game.

@lulbalance, simply because of how easy pets are to kill. all it takes is, afflic throwing dots on it and the team and watch as the healer can't keep up the pet and team mates, or and ele shaman putting a flame shock on it then throwing a lava burst it at and insta-killing it with a couple procs. (this one is RNG, but that's rngelemental for you) mages can kill it in a deep every 30 seconds, etc..

@beefkow, if you honestly think stampede is still an overpowered ability, then you must be really, really out of the loop. oh my 800 damage per hit that hurts so much np one rejuv heals all of the damage it does (not saying i dont want it removed, i'd gladly have it scrapped for a decent 87 ability like otherr classes get). and disengage/detterence are our only defensives we can use when our pet is dead. Which is quite often against good players.

I said annoying, not overpowered BIG difference.

Then again, there are other annoying things (like death grip), but hunters are most annoying.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2013-07-26 at 12:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    @lulbalance, simply because of how easy pets are to kill. all it takes is, afflic throwing dots on it and the team and watch as the healer can't keep up the pet and team mates, or and ele shaman putting a flame shock on it then throwing a lava burst it at and insta-killing it with a couple procs. (this one is RNG, but that's rngelemental for you) mages can kill it in a deep every 30 seconds, etc..
    yea all pets are easy to kill right now. if you're basing it on that then ; affliction sucks next patch and mages suck every patch :/.

decent healers can indeed keep your pet up through reasonable dmg like that.. doesnt mean the class is bad at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Its a frontal cone stun, not an aoe stun. I almost cringed when I saw that Blizzard acknowledged it as an aoe stun.

technically if the area of effect is a cone.. it's still an area.

Didn't they bring back stampede's damage? I'm 100% sure they did, they just don't reset blink strike etc.

Also I agree with lul, because strangly enough players at 2200+ typically are smart. The hunter will dismiss his pet or the healer will keep the team alive including the pet. Just watch cdew or sodah play.
    Last edited by Rennegadelawlz; 2013-07-26 at 06:53 PM.

Do mages fit in any comps in upcoming 5.4? I haven't had much time lately to hop on the PTR and play with the latest changes. I currently run Mage Priest(shadow) Druid(resto). Will this still be a viable comp? Or will I have to play fire? I've been trying to find information about the playstyle and "burstyness" of a 5.4 frost mage but haven't found much. Admittedly I've been busy lately and I understand things are continuously changing in regards to new mastery. Thank you to anyone who knows a thing or two!

It is hard to tell about the mastery because it is bugged right now, so difficult to tell the damage out put. I can say though that theoretically it will be a small loss for you. Since the idea is that you want to save up ice shards for bursting, but you release them with ice lance it makes you use ice lance less.

I kinda think that some mages will adapt to the change and take the ice lance damage buff and new mastery and make it even *more* bursty than before. I can see a lot more mages switching to fire though.

As for comps, I think your comp is still strong and mage/affliction is still good and going to get stronger with lock changes although gateway nerf is big. I think as always you want a team that has lots of CC and either bursty damage like you or lots of spread damage that allows you to randomly burst people. I could see playing with a boomkin being fun as well, but you would need a disc to heal you.