Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why are there no Druid Class Mounts?

Seriously!
    We have Travel Form, which turns us into an awesome stag, but that stag only goes an extra 40%.

The flying form is cool, but I can ride a Paladin mount at level 20.

Am I the only one who wants a 1.5 second cast, 60% speed, level 20 ground form? Why should a druid be required to mount up for so many levels?

/rant<3

Why are there no Warrior, Rogue, Priest, et al. class mounts?

The difference being that Warriors, Rogues, and Priests are at home riding account-wide mounts. A Druid shapeshifts. Why would any druid ride a mount when he could transform into one? Not even anything fancy, just like, the ability to, say, instead of 1.5 sec to mount a kodo, a 1.5 sec cast to turn into the same kodo.

Deleted
    roll a worgen?

15+ Year Old Account
    the same reason most of the other classes don't have class mounts? =p

I do still think (and have done since vanilla) that it'd be cool if Druids and Hunters could 'tame' mounts. I can easily envisage Druids talking to animals and asking for their assistance.

And while we're at it I also think Druids should be able to change their shapeshift model via a 'taming' like spell. Guardians should be able to go and cast their 'taming'/observation spell on another tanky pet, say a tortoise, and then be able to tank in a tortoise form rather than be restricted to just bear! I wouldn't even be too fussed about adding horns/ears/mohawks like the current models do, just whatever the druid has 'observed'.

Not sure what boomkins and trees would do, trees could just be different colour skins I guess...

but it'd work for feral and guardian ^_^

Omg, Like Transformers scanning vehicles. I fully support that idea. Lol.

I would love something like this for my druid, like Malfurion's mount in WC3

Last edited by Hipnos14; 2013-07-23 at 08:52 AM.

Raven lord used to sorta be the druid class mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    the same reason most of the other classes don't have class mounts? =p

I do still think (and have done since vanilla) that it'd be cool if Druids and Hunters could 'tame' mounts. I can easily envisage Druids talking to animals and asking for their assistance.

And while we're at it I also think Druids should be able to change their shapeshift model via a 'taming' like spell. Guardians should be able to go and cast their 'taming'/observation spell on another tanky pet, say a tortoise, and then be able to tank in a tortoise form rather than be restricted to just bear! I wouldn't even be too fussed about adding horns/ears/mohawks like the current models do, just whatever the druid has 'observed'.

Not sure what boomkins and trees would do, trees could just be different colour skins I guess...

but it'd work for feral and guardian ^_^
    As much as I'd love to see that happen, that would mean 2+ models per beast species per race. One for normal X Beast form, and another for Incarnation.
    Plus, I'm not too sure how a Turtle would Mangle, Lacerate, or Thrash, unless its one of the "ancient" turtles with spiked shells. At that point, you might as well call it "Bladestorm Form" with all the spinning.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Is this a serious question?

Druids have flight form and two different travel forms, that is much more than every other class in the game besides paladin/warlock has.

Raven lord is kind of a druid mount, atleast it used to only be summonable by druid in TBC and LK (anzu, not the mount ofc). I guess they could make cheetah the regular travel form again and make stagform your ground mount. But I already spend so much time in a form on my druid that I actually enjoy seeing my character sit on a mount every now and then.

While i can see some use to a class mount for druids, we're really one of the last one that should have it.
    Worgen would be the last, while shamans have a travelform too.
    For small distances it's faster to go travel form, than mounting, and during my leveling it was very rare i actually bothered to mount.
    I liked to go with travelform, despite it not being the most optimal.
    Now i do mount up, in since 100% speed is superior to 40, but a lot of other classes would deserve it more than us, since we have a somewhat unique ability to move faster.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    you have the ONLY instant flying mount(or ANY kind of mount for that matter) in the entire game and you are complaining? that is why you cant have more nice things because you are selfish and ungrateful.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Is this a serious question?

Druids have flight form and two different travel forms, that is much more than every other class in the game besides paladin/warlock has.
    The thing is, though, that you can't use the flight form until level 60, and the level 20 form is instant-cast and only increases speed by 40%. So, the obvious choice would be to use an account-bound, level 20, 1.5sec cast, +60% mount. From levels 20-60, you're sitting on an animal you COULD be turning into. :P

Deleted
    Druid is the only class to have flying mountain specific to them. Druids already have more than most classes.

Druid forms are a lot more intensive in lore than in game. Just being able to turn into random animal you talked to doesn't make any lore sense.

flightform?

you cant take the stag form as a class mount cause druids will get a free transport mount.

There are like 1000 mounts enougzh to choose from, tbh I usually just use flght form all the time or my waterspider from the fishing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantastic View Post
    The thing is, though, that you can't use the flight form until level 60, and the level 20 form is instant-cast and only increases speed by 40%. So, the obvious choice would be to use an account-bound, level 20, 1.5sec cast, +60% mount. From levels 20-60, you're sitting on an animal you COULD be turning into. :P
    I think travel form could be buffed a bit to be as fast as a ground mount. The only reason I don't think this has happened yet is due to pvp reasons, because forms are instant cast.

The raven lord sort of was since they were the only ones who could start the boss encounter originally, other people could get it though

Just go farm the raven lord. While everyone can get it, it is the druid mount.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.