Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What do regular people do with their time?

I recently quit wow, and now I'm just bored out of my mind all day. Can anyone suggest things normal people do on a regular day? After 7 years of wow I just don't know. I already go to college and excersize, but there's just so much time to kill, I don't know what to do.

Thanks,
    Staart

I like to browse the internet, go through old cracked.com articles for fun, and a big thing for me, especially lately, is read books. I like a lot of different genre's, and I read three-four books at a time (It sounds like it might get confusing but it really does not!)

Deleted
    TV
    Films
    Reading
    Other video games

Pretty much all i do when i'm by myself

Deleted
    Besides college, I spend my time on the internet browsing Reddit, MMO-Champ and playing Dota 2. I occasionally go out, and I translate articles from English to my language for money. In a month I'll learn to play the guitar. That's basically all that I do.

Contact friends and ask what they plan to do and just go with them.

Deleted
    Play single player games, I am working through my steam backlog.

Well I pretty much have 2 dear friends and I hang with them or do stuff time to time, but I need major time to kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Waste my time in the internet doing nothing

Call my friends to chat and plan the day when we are going to go out together or if we are going to someone's house (Normally we end up in my house)
    For Example: I'm going to watch movies and play video games with my friends these friday and i'm going to watch another movie (Man of Steel) with a friend these saturday

Quote Originally Posted by staart View Post
    Well I pretty much have 2 dear friends and I hang with them or do stuff time to time, but I need major time to kill.
    Take a strong stance on something controversial on the internet, then dedicate yourself to responding to everyone who disagrees with you.

Enjoy never having enough time to kill!

Also, you may lose your soul.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit WoW also...

Mostly I mess around online. I'm trying to learn how to be Catwoman on that DC fighting game, thats a lot of fun, but I suck.

Read a lot of magazines..

Watch the Borgias as GOT and Arrow is off TV right now..

Chat to friends..

My free time during the week is burned almost entirely with the following:

- Running, cycling, lifting weights
    - Reading
    - Watching TV shows on Netflix
    - Playing WoW (PvP/LFR, so I have no schedule)
    - Posting on MMO-Champ (see post count)

I basically prioritize those and go down the list. Have I done the first? Do I want to? If not, move onto the next. It's like a DPS rotation of things to do.

Watch funny Family Feud sections on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by staart View Post
    I recently quit wow, and now I'm just bored out of my mind all day. Can anyone suggest things normal people do on a regular day? After 7 years of wow I just don't know. I already go to college and excersize, but there's just so much time to kill, I don't know what to do.

Thanks,
    Staart
    get a job and start learning for college. look for other hobbies, like sports (much more fun than weightlifting in a studio!). read a book. get a girlfriend. so many possibilities to "waste" time. :-)

15+ Year Old Account
    Browse the net, read world news, go to the movies or rent one. I also have hobbies, so pick up a hobbie, just dont spend all of your time on it or you will end up getting bored again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read books
    Go Geocaching
    Take up rock climbing
    Take up woodworking
    Build a boat from scratch, then sell it
    Learn to cook (well)
    Join a martial arts class
    Get on OK Cupid and go on random dates
    Teach yourself Calculus
    Volunteer at a food bank
    Volunteer at a political campaign
    Join a meetup group

There are a million things you can do.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Take up extreme masturbation. I "hear" it's a good hobby.

Get a girlfriend/wife, she will manage all your sweet time for ya.

Deleted
    I read books, watch too much tv, do stuff with my friends; be it watch a movie, go for a walk, cook some food or some kind of sport. Do nothing at all while listening to music or ride my bike somewhere.

You could also join a terrorist organization. They're always looking for homegrown terrorists. I guess that can be a little too stressful, though.

Maybe becoming a serial killer is the way to go? No stress there, you're working on your own schedule, and if you're smart about it and don't follow any patterns then you'll probably never be caught... at least before you grow bored with the whole thing and decide to reveal your identity to the public through a series of grotesque, public murders accomanied by cryptic messages to the police that gives clues as to your identity.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    get a job and start learning for college. look for other hobbies, like sports (much more fun than weightlifting in a studio!). read a book. get a girlfriend. so many possibilities to "waste" time. :-)
    My girlfriend of almost 3 years broke up with me yesterday and atm I just feel dead inside since I loved her more than anything, so I'm not looking for someone atm. I would like to do a real sport but I don't know where to start. Regarding books, I don't mind reading but I'm not really 'into' it, I also have no idea where to start.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Read books
    Go Geocaching
    Take up rock climbing
    Take up woodworking
    Build a boat from scratch, then sell it
    Learn to cook (well)
    Join a martial arts class
    Get on OK Cupid and go on random dates
    Teach yourself Calculus
    Volunteer at a food bank