Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    We get a three digit level display. Nothing out of the ordinary otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    With lv 100 you can finally do all the content you want to do, everything will be scaled up or down, depending on your character und role, with over 10000 options packed into a colossal drop down menu when you right click your character :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    When you hit level 100 your character grows a big white beard.
    Also a big belly, and they'll start randomly saying "Ho, Ho, Ho!"

Alternative leveling system maybe?
    Something like Rift Plannar atunement

I suppose you get the new last tier of talents. Did you expect something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Nothing, Blizzard themselves have said it's just a number. There's nothing special about it that couldn't happen for other level caps.
    And they're correct. 100 is just a number, and the only reason people think it's special is because we use a Base 10 number system.
    100 isn't any more special than 99, than 99 is more special than 98.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Nothing, Blizzard themselves have said it's just a number. There's nothing special about it that couldn't happen for other level caps.
    Well yes it is just a number, but honestly I think most people aren't comfortable with leveling past level 100. 100 just seems to be the cap, I think they will find something different for the levels because I'm quite sure WoW isn't falling after apart after another 2 expansion release.

Well... Time will tell

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza the Hutt View Post
    And they're correct. 100 is just a number, and the only reason people think it's special is because we use a Base 10 number system.
    Okay so you're saying the chance is equally divided for example the next expansion, that we will get a max level of 92, or 93, or 94? Because it's all just a number right? No? Okay, because what you're saying doesn't make any sense. In math yes, in WoW levels no. Just look at level 60, 70, 80, 85, 90 (95?, 100?). Or do you think Blizzard has made the chance from 10 levels per expansion to 5 levels per expansion just for fun. Just like, hey let's do something different with the levels. Or do they maybe have the max level 100 in mind which will hopefully renew in some way, atleast for the leveling part at the start of every expansion. Hell, after TBC, Wotlk, Cata, MoP, and 2 expansions I think most players are definitely willing to take something different than the mindless xp grind again. Well atleast I hope for something different maybe

While it is just a number it still represents something special.
    Blizzard said that it is just a number but did that talking about expansions and with regard to the last xpac if 100 was the lvl-cap. All they meant to say that they will make xpacs beyond level 100.

This doesn't mean that the will not do anything special for the chars at 100..... since (while being just a number) it kinda is a special number.

What I hope for is that they will add class-specific skills to our chars, when we hit 100. It has to be a real unique and special thing.
    They even can make it really great by making differences in that feature (if it is purely cosmetic) by the years players are playing that char.
    So we can see which char is existing for how many years. I think that would be a great thing to give to players and also give some appreciation to long-time players.

I also hope that the next xpac will increase the lvl-cap too 100, would be nice for the 10th anniversary. That deserves something special altogether.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    By that point I hope they have a catch-up mechanic for leveling if you've already leveled one character from 1 to 100. Otherwise people are going to start crying
    Like heirlooms...? ^^

Maybe Blizzard will add a achievement of a special name.

10+ Year Old Account
    "omg, last expansion was better" :P

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    Well yes it is just a number, but honestly I think most people aren't comfortable with leveling past level 100. 100 just seems to be the cap, I think they will find something different for the levels because I'm quite sure WoW isn't falling after apart after another 2 expansion release.

Well... Time will tell
    There's plenty of games where you can level beyond 100. Some have quadruple digit level caps. 100 is actually a fairly uncommon cap.

People only keep saying 100 because there's this weird misconception around that Blizzard supposedly claimed the game will not go beyond that, despite no evidence for such a claim existing and multiple denials from blues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There's plenty of games where you can level beyond 100. Some have quadruple digit level caps. 100 is actually a fairly uncommon cap.

People only keep saying 100 because there's this weird misconception around that Blizzard supposedly claimed the game will not go beyond that, despite no evidence for such a claim existing and multiple denials from blues.
    But why would Blizzard change the amount of levels per xpac from 10 to 5? I know 100 is a fairly uncommon cap but Blizzard spread their levels with care. I don't say I'm sure they won't go beyond level 100 but I don't see Blizzard announcing a max level cap 105 at any moment. But hey, that's just me.
    Btw, now I think about it, with Diablo first you level to 60, after some patch came paragon 100. Just a number right?
    And I can give you countless blue posts with denials which was revised after.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, but if the last three and a half years are any example, it will be something big involving a lot of Horde lore figures and the Horde getting more stuff, while the Alliance is just...kind of...there for some reason.

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They wouldn't end the game at level 100. They did mention that they still have more expansions to eventually cover.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its just a number, but still it would be nice if we could get a free character after we level through ninety level classes on our servers.
    For the Horde!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Oh jesus, this thread again? I had to check to see if it was a necro or a new one...but yah, blizz has said "it's just a number", but I agree it should feel a little special, and if it ISN'T special, how come they stretched out the levels xp requirements and only gave us five?

I mean, if it's just a number, they should have given it to us already right?
    So despite the "it's just a number" stance, which i agree in premise it IS, I do somewhat suspect that human nature exists at blizz HQ just like everywhere else on the planet, and it will be 'sorta' special.
    You know, maybe a little more then the usual top level satchel of fireworks and crap.
    But really, what could they do to make it special? free epics? free legendary? mounts? pets? epeen meter? what? a metal? a chest to pin it on? Rainbows shooting out of your toons ass and IRL!?
    OH WAIT! I GOT IT!!!!!!!111111(one)

a life
    Last edited by Bigbamboozal; 2013-07-25 at 04:39 AM.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Faction leaders become green to you. Faction leaders can't even see your level anymore, just a skull.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    There will be a Decent Alliance based story for an expansion for once.
    Let's keep this within the bounds of reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza the Hutt View Post
    If people think it's special, than it is indeed special. Sure, 100 is a simple numeric value that is only worth one more than 99 and one less than 101, but you'd be fooling yourself if you imply that 100 isn't special to us. With that being said, reaching 100 won't be anything special in WoW. The expansion we reach 100 might be the last expansion, but it wouldn't be due simple to the fact that we've made it to 100, rather that WoW no longer is being profitable (and seeing current trends, I can't really imagine that that'd be the case).