elemental shaman soloing all nests on ji-kun?

This is for 10 man normal mode

I saw a post in another thread about this. Right now I'm running with either a lock or a hunter on nest team and we pretty much overkill it. We tried letting the hunter solo last week and only had time for one wipe. I think I will be trying to solo nests this week. Obviously conductivity is a must and the glyph of CL (or else the first platforms will likely get away from me) Is it possible to solo the upper nests efficiently? Do you just single target rotation on those with CL replacing LB? Do you bother intercepting the food at all?

My guild has a bad mage who forgets his feathers, so on Heroic Ji-kun I have had to solo 2 of the upper platforms. Conductivity is not really needed, would probably be better to use healing tide or AG, and remember after a lava burst your next 2 spells have increased damage/healing, enough healing where I have seen bigger lesser healing waves as ele than as resto. For the lower platforms, straight chain lightning ive found kills things faster than CL replacing LB in the rotation, on the upper platforms just roll FS on both eggs and tab between them both for DPSing, so you get the most out of 2 FS ticking and causing instant LvBs. And yes, intercept any food that you can without burning a feather you need to get up to platforms. The first food you should be able to get is on the 2nd platform, just hit the feather a second or 2 after landing on the platform.

The major question though is, are there other DPS going to platforms to get feathers? The buff from the food as well as the ability to negate Down Draft ends up being a significant DPS gain.

you dont need conduct, HST and a few surges is more than enough for normal damage from adds. Quils you need sham rage, bulwark and a few surges.

Biggest problem is dps on uppers, just spread your dps cooldowns for each platforms

Deleted
    As an elemental shaman, you will have no worries or what so ever on soloing nests at all. Glyph Chain Lightnings which hits additionnaly two more adds, Glyph of FlameShock to heal yourself, and lastly, either take Glyph of Lightning shield to have 10% dmg reduc, or glyph of healing Stream Totem which gives you a 10% dmg reduc by Fire, Frost + Nature damage, and considering the Quills are Nature Damage, this is a good source aswell.
    ---
    While that´s said. Specc into Primal Elementalist, Which gives you an ability of controlling your fire and earth elemental totems, Nuke with the fire, and when you have gotten the Earth Elemental totem Up, Make it Taunt the adds and your good to go.

You can if you want, instead of taking Healing Tide Totem, go for Ancenstral Guidance, which heals you + others around you if others are around that is, for the damage you deal.

Other than that, rotate your cds, in most cases they´ll be up on most of the nests. And as your itemlvl raises, so does your dps, and then you won´t need to think much about cds just pure burst.

Have a good encounter

Deleted
    I'm almost soloing the nests on ji-kun hc 25m.
    Granted we do it with 2 other dds, but we finish them so freaking fast and I do the majority of dmg with chainlighting, I could pretty much do it alone. Would be close, but doable.

Yep, sololing nests, specially in 10 men normal is a no brainer... most average elemental shamans could pull this off with some gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalliona View Post
    As an elemental shaman, you will have no worries or what so ever on soloing nests at all. Glyph Chain Lightnings which hits additionnaly two more adds, Glyph of FlameShock to heal yourself, and lastly, either take Glyph of Lightning shield to have 10% dmg reduc, or glyph of healing Stream Totem which gives you a 10% dmg reduc by Fire, Frost + Nature damage, and considering the Quills are Nature Damage, this is a good source aswell.
    Quills is physical dmg, so the HST will not provide 10% dmg reduction.

ele shaman can solo normal mode nests no problem

It was far easier than I thought it might be.