Deleted

Feel like I should be doing more dps then I am? advice?....

Hi there, im a feral druid, pretty new to raiding but decently geared for starter mop raids and I feel I should be doing more dps then I am.

I currently hit max around 62-63k dps on raid finder content I think ive got my gear and stats right(im aware theres a couple of bits need improving) my] Im at ilvl 474 currently.

My rotation is basically faerie fire then shred to build combo points or mangle if I cant get behind the target, rake every so often to maintain the bleed, first time to 5 combo points I use savage roar to use it with its max time second time around I use rip, then I rinse and repeat using abilities like berserk, tigers fury, dash and natures swiftness(to proc dream of cenurius) whenever they are off cooldown.

Anyone tell me what im doing wrong or any tips based on my gear, spec and rotation?

Definitely feel I should be doing more then 62k, I have a lock with just a slightly lower item level(470) then the druid and I can hit 80-90k dps with him no problems.

If I cant get the hang of this I may spec boomkin and see how I handle that, just seems to me im running flat out and still struggling dps wise.
    Last edited by mmocd06d636042; 2013-08-11 at 03:14 PM.

Feral's DPS is heavily dependent on having Savage Roar up all the time. Get a mod like Droodfocus or Cat's Eye to track it and make absolutely sure it never, ever falls off, even if it means you have to temporarily let Rip drop. Beyond that, the main concern is in buffing your bleed damage as much as possible by using the Tiger's Fury and Dream of Cenarius buffs together with Rip and Rake, applying Thrash when you have OOC procs, and using your combo points efficiently so you always spend them all without overwriting.

Mastery is more important to Feral damage than Critical Strike. You're currently set up with a bear priority, but without enough Expertise to tank, so use Reforgelite or Ask Mr. Robot and they will show you the proper strategy for optimizing your gear. With your 502 weapon you should be able to do quite well with a bit of tweaking and play improvements. Good luck!

Those numbers sound fine at that gear level. Maybe you're just really awesome with your lock? I'm assuming you're talking about the lfr you can get into at 470.

IIRC I wasn't hitting 80k on my lock on stone guards and feng until i was in the 480's. Also some of the fights in Mogushan Vaults (specifically Elegon and the last one) are ridiculously favourable to ranged multi dotters.

For gear I imagine upgrading the weapon would be an early valor priority. Maybe grab some tyrannical gear if you like pvp. I suspect boomkin would not do better at low gear levels because it is notorious for being gear dependent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    Feral's DPS is heavily dependent on having Savage Roar up all the time. Get a mod like Droodfocus or Cat's Eye to track it and make absolutely sure it never, ever falls off, even if it means you have to temporarily let Rip drop. Beyond that, the main concern is in buffing your bleed damage as much as possible by using the Tiger's Fury and Dream of Cenarius buffs together with Rip and Rake, applying Thrash when you have OOC procs, and using your combo points efficiently so you always spend them all without overwriting.

Mastery is more important to Feral damage than Critical Strike. You're currently set up with a bear priority, but without enough Expertise to tank, so use Reforgelite or Ask Mr. Robot and they will show you the proper strategy for optimizing your gear. With your 502 weapon you should be able to do quite well with a bit of tweaking and play improvements. Good luck!
    haha yes my dumbass mistake, I was using icy veins as a guide when I was considering speccing into tanking as a bear and I forgot to change it to the feral guide on my bookmark when speccing into feral cat dps so I set my stats up along the plan for a guardian druid.......doooh moment!

I asked mr robot and hes given me some good advice, cheers for the tip dude, hoping when ive specced right I should be pulling more then 62k!

- - - Updated - - -

well that advice definitly worked I have to say! just done a heart of fear lfr to test my new build, pulling 80-85k on normal fights and 120-150k on the packs spamming thrash and swipe for the aoe damage.

thats more like it!