10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).

Best class for a dwarf who reveres the titans?

Hey guys! I'm trying to make a dwarf character. He's going to be a very traditional dwarf, obsessed with knowledge, industry, war, and especially the Titans. I want him to be the type of character that studies the titans extensively and calls upon their powers in combat.

I'm trying to figure out which class would best fit this. I was thinking maybe a hunter because they use guns and I can make him an engineer and use other technology. I noticed that the earthen npcs in the Storm Peaks use a lot of elemental magic so maybe a shaman? I was thinking possibly a monk so I could rp him as a Runemaster (http://wowpedia.org/Runemaster). Or perhaps a paladin (though I'm not sure I want him worshipping the holy light).

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for your input!

Shaman for sure.

I am also going to go with shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soopa View Post
    Shaman for sure.
    Why shaman? I was definitely considering it, but is there a specific reason why it's the best choice?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, which spec would you say?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not a warrior? Could still take up engineering for your industry side, maybe BS for the "war". He/she could always use the professions to help out, but when it gets down to it, all they really need is a nice 2hd axe or my fave, a mace, or if you must a sword... ( blah). No need for fancy magic or guns.

Warrior. Shamans deal with elementals, which as last time I checked. The Elemntal lords original (and some still do) serve the old gods, the main enemies of the titans.

Deleted
    Not that i'm into rp that much but i'd say shaman is more to elements, less into titans. Kinda opposite.

Edit: throren was faster lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Warrior. Shamans deal with elementals, which as last time I checked. The Elemntal lords original (and some still do) serve the old gods, the main enemies of the titans.
    Well I know a lot of the titans are considered "shaman" class-wise and use the forces of nature and the elements. Also most of the earthen npcs in the game use shaman spells. That's why I was considering shaman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Not elementals, elements. The raw power that can manifest itself in the world through elementals.

But I'd say shaman wouldn't be the best choice. The element-shaping aspect might be interesting and seem titan-ish, but the dwarven shaman originates from the Wildhammer clan. Those however are not really all that interested in titans.

Personal preference? Warrior or mage. The latter could claim to have followed the teachings of Norgannon to gain their arcane powers.

I say Warrior. Mountain King. Stoneform. Avatar. AWESOMENESS.

Also, The Mystery of the Makers. Read up on that. It's from the RPG I think, but it's good stuff anyhow.
    "I should think that someday soon, there will be many more pandaren adventurers to speak of, making a difference all over the world. Don't you think?" - Lorewalker Cho

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior, I feel Shaman uses the wrong type of magic. They seem not to revere the titans but rather worship the elements. Paladin like you said worships the light. Warriors get Avatar and Stoneform and will transmog really well : )

Deleted
    Defenteuly warrior titans grip see word TITAN ... Avatar... you take the form of a titan thus your its avatar, basicly if you look deep enough you see warrior class is all about titans really its thier sourve of power.

Deleted
    Obviously a non religious class, that would leave open:

Warrior, Mage, Warlock (Dark Iron special stuff), Hunter (Personal preference because Dwarfs who believe in Titans are pretty technological, a gun would be the only option).

Shamans could be an option, they are alike to the earthens, who shaped Azeroth together with the Titans. But they do not use the same magic, so probably not a good choice.

My personal choice would be a Hunter, no doubt.

Deleted
    I like the idea of mage (arcane), artifacts study, pure power from knoledge, time-travel-ish.

But really I'm sure you can figure some story to fit any class.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Defenteuly warrior titans grip see word TITAN ... Avatar... you take the form of a titan thus your its avatar, basicly if you look deep enough you see warrior class is all about titans really its thier sourve of power.
    Please think about what you're about to type before actually typing it.

On the other hand, Warrior for sure.
    1st May 2013-->1st April 2014
    105lb-->166lb
    Bench/Squat/Deadlift 1RMs - 20kg/20kg/40kg-->100kg/162.5kg/210kg

Running geneswests 5/3/1

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would depend on which Titan your character worships the most. If he's a follower of Norgannon, he would be a Mage, most probably Arcane. It would go well with your character's taste for knowledge. If he's following Eonar, I would say Resto Shaman or Priest, or maybe BM Hunter for its proximity to nature. However, if he favors Aggramar, I would say Warrior or even Paladin. I would say Warrior for Golganneth, although it would be strange for a Dwarf to favor the Titan of the Sea and Storms. A Frost mage would be nice too. For Aman'Thul, I would say Elemental Shaman, because of the lightning spells. As for Khaz'Goroth, the Titan of Earth, well, the dwarven land is named after that Titan. He created the dwarves (the Earthen). He's also a craftsman, which would go well with the profession you have chosen. As for its class, I would say Enhancement Shaman, because it is a melee fighter that can use earth and fire spells. Equip him with a hammer, and it would be even better. A fire mage would do also. Khaz'Goroth, being a blacksmith, can be associated with fire. A Priest would fit them all, since priests do not necessarily worship the Holy Light.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    Make him a paladin, but instead of revering the Holy Light, have him revere the Titan Watcher Tyr whom the paladins highly reveres too, I mean honestly "Knights of the Silver Hand" and the human city of "Tyr's Hand". Paladin can have plenty ties to the titans, so can a priest for that sake. I literally roleplay a dwarven priest as a "Divine Caster". Aggramar is named "The Avenger" and Paladins can be into avenging stuff n' all, so you could RP a Paladin as tapping into the powers of Tyr with the determination and strength of Aggramar the Avenger!

But yeah, there's a lot of opportunities, take a look at this http://wowpedia.org/Pantheon, maybe it'll help ya?

15+ Year Old Account
    Class I am un sure but definitely go jewelcrafting and use those Solid Stone Statues.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Any class is a good candidate for this, really.