Poll: Which one are you?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    The following is from a post you have made:

"That's funny because I think that democrats and their progressive agenda is the disease."

Theres pages and pages of you saying the exact same thing.

I am not sure what to make of someone accusing me of being "moronic" when they themselves oppose basic women's rights, basic marriage rights, basic workers' rights and the ability of those who cannot and do not do well in life to atleast not face humiliation and indignity when they go to a hospital to, you know, not die painfully (or worse).

I would laugh at the sheer comedic irony here if it weren't so damn sad.

EDIT: Forgot to add basic marriage rights.
    Even the ancient Greeks agreed that a society was to be judged based on how well they treated the least among them. Conservatives have devolved since then.

"That's funny because I think that democrats and their progressive agenda is the disease."

I am not sure what to make of someone accusing me of being "moronic" when they themselves oppose basic women's rights, basic marriage rights, basic workers' rights and the ability of those who cannot and do not do well in life to atleast not face humiliation and indignity when they go to a hospital to, you know, not die painfully (or worse).

One could say you are imposing on the rights of others as well.

Basic women rights infringe on a fetus' right to exist.
    Basic marriage rights (assuming gay rights) infringe on a companies right to offer services to whom they fit
    "basic workers' rights" is a very broad term. please be more specific if you so desire.
    And there are medical plans in place for poor and old people. There are also state run hospitals that offer their service for free or at a low cost. There are also many free clinics owned by charitable people. If this is about Obama care, conservatives don't want people to suffer humiliation and indignity or die painfully, they just dislike a poorly written law whose effects are largely unknown but more preliminary data supports that it is not all that it is cracked up to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Even the ancient Greeks agreed that a society was to be judged based on how well they treated the least among them. Conservatives have devolved since then.
    And many other societies prospered on the survival of the fittest. What is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    And that is where the problem with me lies. The ACA gives huge subsidies to insurance companies to basically keep doing what they are doing. The middle class, who can't afford insurance but make to much are still getting pissed on, to the tune of 29millon people from the last liberal data I saw. It isn't "free" healthcare for everyone as was the general thinking.

I did like the mandate about children and preexisting conditions. I did like the one about kids being allowed to stay on their parents plan. These were good moves IMO.

But being against ObamaCare makes you a nazi, a racist, a bigot, or hate all poor people. We aren't even allowed to have a debate on the merit of the law anymore. It's sad.
    Haha that's pretty much what I encounter on this forum on any topic. They're far more intolerant of opposing views than the intolerant folk they're so against. Of course it doesn't bother me in the slightest, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Haha that's pretty much what I encounter on this forum on any topic. They're far more intolerant of opposing views than the intolerant folk they're so against. Of course it doesn't bother me in the slightest, but still.
    And that is the issue I have with most things up for debate. Neither side thinks the other shows any merit. Then they turn into the traditional "you're a racist" or "you hate poors." Seeing as most on this sight are liberals and I have have some conservative values, I mostly see this being a liberal way to debate a topic.

I hate the same thing when anyone posts ANYTHING from fox news. They could say that it was raining at their corporate office today and you would get the standard "Faux news is garbage, everything they say is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I have no interest in making every state like Washington.
    Eh, it's for the best anyway. I just got a good meal in my and now I've lost all my fire.

Maybe you just oppose obamacare for stupid reasons.

I'm always reminded of a speech in which a rhetorical question was given along the lines of whether we should help a poor working mother who can't afford to go to a hospital some form of assistance and the conservative audience started rabble-rousing and spurting out remarks to let her die. It stuck in my craw.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    And that is the issue I have with most things up for debate. Neither side thinks the other shows any merit. Then they turn into the traditional "you're a racist" or "you hate poors." Seeing as most on this sight are liberals and I have have some conservative values, I mostly see this being a liberal way to debate a topic.

I hate the same thing when anyone posts ANYTHING from fox news. They could say that it was raining at their corporate office today and you would get the standard "Faux news is garbage, everything they say is a lie"

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-w...hate-hate-hate

And here you go

Basic women rights infringe on a fetus' right to exist.
    ^ So damn funny I am going to make this my sig. The fetus doesn't have rights. Its organic material until it reaches the point of birth. Same as how my ejaculate doesn't have rights. You might as well turn every country in the world into a Christian dictatorship and start arresting men for masterbation or anal sex (death penalty if its with another man?).

Basic marriage rights (assuming gay rights) infringe on a companies right to offer services to whom they fit
    So do laws that protect people from being discriminated against because of their race, gender, religion, etc.

Are you saying my rights are being infringed upon if I can't hang a sign saying "No people of X/Y race allowed" outside my national chain of superstores?

Some impractical "rights" have to be sacrificed so that practical rights essential for the happiness and peace of mind of many can be enjoyed. Get with the times and don't be a racist, greedy, anti-gay bigot.

"basic workers' rights" is a very broad term. please be more specific if you so desire.
    I do. But it would derail this thread massively.

And there are medical plans in place for poor and old people.
    Yeah the plans are:

1- Live painfully and broke.

2- Die painfully and more broke.

And many other societies prospered on the survival of the fittest. What is your point?
    I think you're talking about the jungle.

We're talking about civilized society.
    Last edited by Vokal; 2013-07-25 at 11:44 PM.

^ So damn funny I am going to make this my sig. The fetus doesn't have rights. Its organic material until it reaches the point of birth. Same as how my ejaculate doesn't have rights. You might as well turn every country in the world into a Christian dictatorship and start arresting men for masterbation or anal sex (death penalty if its with another man?).

So do laws that protect people from being discriminated against because of their race, gender, religion, etc.

Are you saying my rights are being infringed upon if I can't hang a sign saying "No people of X/Y race allowed" outside my national chain of superstores?

Some impractical "rights" have to be sacrificed so that practical rights essential for the happiness and peace of mind of many can be enjoyed. Get with the times and don't be a racist, greedy, anti-gay bigot.

I do. But it would derail this thread massively.

Yeah the plans are:

1- Live painfully and broke.

2- Die painfully and more broke.

I think you're talking about the jungle.

We're talking about civilized society.
    Sigh. I can see why the other poster commented about the moronic post. I should have just let this go. My apologies. I didn't realize I was dealing with the ultimate moral authority on everything.

I would caution you to spend sometime looking at the context in with which others write. I was merely trying to show that others feel that some of the things that liberals "supposedly" stand for(we won't get into how full shit they are) would violate the rights of others. Whether I or you disagree doesn't matter.There opinion holds the same weight as ours.

On another note- a private business that does not offer an essential service to living should have the right to refuse service to anyone for anything. The government, social services, and services essential to live(water, eletricity) should not be allowed to discriminate. This does not mean I condone banning blacks or women or gays, it means I think a person has a right to sell his goods to whom he so chooses.

Edit- On the final part, I was more thinking Sparta as his original reference was Greece.
    Last edited by Kapadons; 2013-07-25 at 11:59 PM.

This does not mean I condone banning blacks or women or gays
    Its funny how often Republicans have to run around saying that repeatedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you just oppose obamacare for stupid reasons.
    Wait, are you talking to me or somebody else?

Its funny how often Republicans have to run around saying that repeatedly.
    Not really, and I'm not a Republican.And thanks for proving my earlier point that any topic you discuss with a liberal leads to them devolving into calling you a " racist, greedy, anti-gay bigot." I'm done bud. Have a good day. Good luck to you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Wait, are you talking to me or somebody else?
    The people who were complaining about the responses to their complaints about Obama Carr.

I'm done bud. Have a good day.
    Alrighty then. I am sure you're a busy lad. Those gays, pregnant women and cancer patients living in poverty aren't going to repress themselves you know. They need good people like you to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people who were complaining about the responses to their complaints about Obama Carr.
    Ah, okay. I don't feel strongly either way about it, so I guess I'll sit this part out.

Wells, you are smarter than this. You have to see the issue. That's like you saying "i dislike the new Texas abortion bill but I really hate the part about them having to all be done in surgical centers, there is no medical reason for this" and then me responding to this with "You are a dope-smoking baby-killing hippy." It's is just mindless hate for the other side of the argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Alrighty then. I am sure you're a busy lad. Those gays, pregnant women and cancer patients living in poverty aren't going to repress themselves you know. They need good people like you to do it.
    Someone has to do it. They are running wild.

Wells, you are smarter than this. You have to see the issue. That's like you saying "i dislike the new Texas abortion bill but I really hate the part about them having to all be done in surgical centers, there is no medical reason for this" and then me responding to this with "You are a dope-smoking baby-killing hippy." It's is just mindless hate for the other side of the argument.

- - - Updated - - -

What I'm saying is if you're criticizing Obamacare and all you're getting back is claims of racism etc etc you're either engaging in selective reading or your complaint about the law is so bad those are the only types of people who will bother with you.

Yeah because I have said i hate all those things....over pages and pages... Right... I don't hate anyone nor do I want to see people rights denied. I do think that democrats and their progressive agenda is the disease. All the rights you listed I fully support except your "basic marriage rights". I do not support same sex marriage. However I honestly don't really give a damn as long as churches or other religious institutes don't have to perform the ceremony if they are opposed. If homosexual couples want to and get married I don't care. I personally feel that the federal government has no say in marriage to start with and that it needs to be removed from the tax system.

What I found so moronic in your post is how you can sit there with a straight face and say that conservatives and republicans hate poor people and laugh at them when they get cancer and die. That was very stupid and ignorant statement to make. Do you think all conservatives and republicans are rich? Do you think they all have health insurance? Do you honestly think that conservatives and republicans are immune to disease and health issues? If you said yes to any of these three you may want to do some serious investigating. Most republicans and conservatives that I know (and I know a lot) would do everything in their power to help someone who was bad off health wise or financially. I've seen it happen way too many times. So please spare me your phony outrage.

- - - Updated - - -

What I'm saying is if you're criticizing Obamacare and all you're getting back is claims of racism etc etc you're either engaging in selective reading or your complaint about the law is so bad those are the only types of people who will bother with you.
    Not necessarily.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Is this the reason why he was banned? Nothing I read by him was inflammatory.

Not necessarily.
    Nope that's pretty much it.